Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   how depressing is eastenders?! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/how-depressing-is-eastenders-18479.html)

mani 11-12-2005 15:06

how depressing is eastenders?!

i mean come on!!

have some crimbo cheer!!!

everyone's crying, dying, moping around feelin sorry for themselves...

come on beeb! it is christmas!

festive cheer and all that

and bring some totty to the screen! if corrie can...:not_ripe:

chav1 11-12-2005 15:24

Re: how depressing is eastenders?!

wait until xmas day i bet some poor sod getting killed off just to cheer up the viewers or maybe a suicide its been a while since theres been a xmas day suicide

Bazf 11-12-2005 15:45

This may go back a bit but do you remember the one with Den and ? (his wife) can't remember her name, giving her the divorce papers at the Vic, this was one of the only times I watched the show, (first wife addicted to it, for all I know probably still is:) ) but found out that just hearing the theme music makes me fall asleep instanly.

mani 11-12-2005 15:51

angie *L*

u know chav ur prob right. soemne's gonna get run over or sommet adn some poor ****** is gonna find out that he's got a life threatening disease...

janet 11-12-2005 17:02

Dennis dies at christmas.

geoff70 11-12-2005 17:06

yea i never liked that soap all doom and gloom the whole world revolving round ,the queen vic and that dreay market always dull and various other bouts of depression soaked viewing ...ah!!! eastenders the reason to emigrate..

garinda 11-12-2005 17:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bazf
This may go back a bit but do you remember the one with Den and ? (his wife) can't remember her name

Angie played by Anita Dobson. She went on to play guitar in the rock group Queen, well it's either her or her long term partner Brian May. Talk about seperated at birth.

Eastenders is dire. Much rather have the good northern humour of Corrie or even Emmerdale.

SPUGGIE J 11-12-2005 18:07

If that was the real East End of London we would be in a mess. All this doom and gloom for crimbo ratings is foosty nads and a crime.

Margaret Pilkington 11-12-2005 18:08

I don't know.......I haven't watched it for such a long time now......there are enough depressing things in the world without watching this sad soap.

katex 11-12-2005 18:09

If even the music comes on for Eastenders, whilst I am distracted, desperately look for my remote to turn it over ... great sigh of relief if I can manage it in 8 bars. Nearly have a panic attack if it ever gets into the dialogue.
Corrie ? .. always get a laugh no matter what, dedends who the writer is at the time of course.

SPUGGIE J 11-12-2005 18:19

One good thing about Corrie is that all those who watch it understand what I say wereas those who dont cant.:)

Problem is i think people are starting to watch it and can understand when I give them pelters. :(

panther 11-12-2005 19:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by janet
Dennis dies at christmas.

NOOOOOO not dennis:eek: hes the cutest bloke in there!! it should be that pouting sharon who buggers off:mad8:, not my dennis :bye2: :e9:

Neil 11-12-2005 19:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda
well it's either her or her long perm partner Brian May. Talk about seperated at birth.

LOL at rindy

Sara 11-12-2005 19:50

Wouldn't waste my time watching Eastenders. Now Corrie that's a differant matter, don't like to miss that.

ANNE 11-12-2005 19:52

I do watch East Enders, but it's not a patch on Corrie or Emmerdale.
The trouble with East Enders is they kill off the best charicters.
They are killing off hunky Dennis and poor Nanna.
I will have my tissuse at the ready.