Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Blanket Smoking Ban (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/blanket-smoking-ban-19577.html)

baby boo 15-02-2006 19:01

Re: Blanket Smoking Ban

not being nasty or anything but the stag is my house? what about me and my familiy? do we just up and leave because people want to smoke?

SPUGGIE J 15-02-2006 19:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by baby boo
not being nasty or anything but the stag is my house? what about me and my familiy? do we just up and leave because people want to smoke?

No wouldnt think of it.

Phylum 15-02-2006 19:05

Quote:

By the way, if you try really, really hard you might just realise that all this suffering that you are going through was caused because a few people several years ago thought that the earth was round and not flat, if they had minded their own business we might not be having this discussion.
Who's suffering? The only suffering I'm doing is itching to get back to work after half term....................

chav1 15-02-2006 19:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by baby boo

its only a pretend living room ;)

ps:

dosnt your dad smoke or does he only do it in the pub part..?

Less 15-02-2006 19:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phylum
Who's suffering? The only suffering I'm doing is itching to get back to work after half term....................

I do apologise I thought I was talking to someone old enough to hold down a full time proper job!
:D

Phylum 15-02-2006 19:12

Sorry, no. I'm only 52.

baby boo 15-02-2006 19:12

yeah he smokes, and you can tell in the morning as soon as he wakes up. very worried about him but he wont listen. smokers have got to realise its not just them selves that there putting at risk but loved ones too.

Less 15-02-2006 19:26

Quote:

Sorry, no. I'm only 52.

Well, three more years then you can take early retirement and steal someone else's job to subsidise your pension, let me know when it happens then you can let me know how the novelty of working for a living suits you.
:thumbsup::rofl38::rofl38::rofl38::rofl38::rofl38: :worthy::smoky:

Phylum 15-02-2006 19:34

I'm not sure, but I think you think I'm a teacher. I'm not. But I do work in the oldest school in the country, which is also one of the top schools. The teachers there, and in both the other schools I have worked, work damned hard. I haven't stollen, nor will I ever steal anything.

Less 15-02-2006 19:53

Quote:

I'm not sure, but I think you think I'm a teacher. I'm not. But I do work in the oldest school in the country, which is also one of the top schools. The teachers there, and in both the other schools I have worked, work damned hard. I haven't stollen, nor will I ever steal anything.

I bet you pretend that you've never lied as well, well as absolutly rivviting as this little aside has been, I think it's time we reminded ourselves what you started this gloating thread for.

Blanket Smoking Ban
I only mention it so that we can get back on track and it saves us getting in trouble with the moderators, (I for one don't want detention again).

Perhaps you could start another thread, and we can chat in there, but somehow I don't think it will be as exciting as this one.

:eek:

Phylum 15-02-2006 20:06

Oh, I think they may be................................

junetta 15-02-2006 20:12

We were told that Tenerife would have a complete ban on smoking in bars as from the first of January this year. We went off for a beer or four on New Year's Day, fully expecting to have to go outside for a smoke. However, it turned out that the smaller bars can make a choice, smoking or no smoking and the larger ones are allowed a no smoking area. Not a problem with that I think.

Under eighteens aren't allowed to buy tobacco in any form and parents of young children are warned of the dangers should they stray into a bar which allows smoking. Each bar has, by law, to display a sign outside declaring their smoking policy. The bar owners know where their trade comes from and make their choice accordingly.

It may change as time goes on but I do feel that this arrangement is fair. I am a smoker and do like to have a ciggie when I'm drinking so why should I be turned outside!!

As I pay around a Euro for a packet of ciggies here, compared to a fiver a packet in England, how much revenue do the British Goverment take from smokers in the UK? If truth were known it probably runs the Health Service!

chav1 15-02-2006 20:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by junetta
how much revenue do the British Goverment take from smokers in the UK? If truth were known it probably runs the Health Service!

it does and theres that much left over we treat people from other countries for free as well :rolleyes:

Phylum 15-02-2006 20:53

Well, the figures, which surprise me are:

Smoking, cost to NHS each year: 1.7 billion
Tax gained from smokers : 9 billion

I got then here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programme...st/4006081.stm

chav1 15-02-2006 20:57

i think you meant Billion not million ;)

like i said theres good proffit from smokers i dont see why they are so determined to pi$$ us off even more

granted ime trying to give up so i wont be one of the US's for long hopefully but non the less why bite the hand that feeds you