Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Scum Bags (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/scum-bags-19913.html)

T.C. 01-03-2006 17:16

Scum Bags

On going outside today I noticed something strange about my car. The number plates were missing. The rear one . after removing one screw, had been torn off leaving a hole in the securing panel. The front one was removed with a little less brutality Our car is parked in a disabled bay at the side of the house. to say I was gobsmacked is putting it mildly. What sort of lowlife does this sort of thing to disabled oap's. I rang the police who took particulars, and informed me they would ring me back with a crime number, which they have since done. I went to the local car spares shop to purchase replacements, and the documents that had to be produced to get the replacements made me feel as though I had committed the offence myself. and I live in the quiet part of Church, so they tell me. God help the rest.:mad:

chav1 01-03-2006 17:22

Re: Scum Bags

well your regestration plate was probably used by somone who put it on their car so thay could fill it up with petrol and drive off or possible even worse crimes

a lot of numberplates get ditched around my area and if i can catch the plate of the car that ditched them i report it to the police along with the ditched number plate so that they can tie the plates to the crime

Less 01-03-2006 17:28

Sorry to hear it TC you and Margaret deserve better!
:(

Neil 01-03-2006 17:50

Try living in Ossy. In the last few weeks a lot of door mirrors have been kicked of cars. Almost 10 last Friday night mainly along Union Road. A similar number over the last few weeks around where I live. Someone was arrested for it on Tuesday. Some of these mirrors cost £150 plus to replace. A couple of number plates, count yourself as lucky mate.

ANNE 01-03-2006 20:05

Sorry to hear that T.C.
Some people just don't care about anything or any body.
Not much consolation but it could have been worse than just your number plates being pinched.

grannyclaret 01-03-2006 20:06

makes you feel sick....

scooby gez 01-03-2006 20:18

its good they asked for your id as anyone could just go in and get plates made up!! its a legal requirement now as well,to stop crime!! otherwise all these dodgy geezers would be driving round wi your plate on and getting free petrol getting you parking fines and so on!! LOWLIFES IN MY EYES!!

scooby gez 01-03-2006 20:20

WITH REGARDS TO ABOVE POST... the cars are being hit as a replacement for happyslapping, bored with hitting each other they now go at our cars!!

Neil 01-03-2006 20:25

It is a stupid idea having to take your reg document to have a plate made! TC has just shown us that it is so easy to steal someone else's plates. This costs no money but having some made costs money. If you were stealing petrol or whatever would you pay for some plates or nick some? It's a typical stupid government/dept transport idea that serves no purpose at all.

scooby gez 01-03-2006 20:32

i personnaly am glad they asked what if say you or i was a thief and we had xexact same car just differant plates?? see were i am going its so easy!! silly really what i would suggest to anyone is what i have done and that is have some kind of sticker on your back window or side window that no one else has coz if your plates are cloned and they go thru a camera your hard pressed to prove it wasnt you unless you can prove buy the stickers etc that that in fact is not your car just your plates on a similar car!!

Basher 01-03-2006 20:50

Bad news T.C. you have my condolences, good job you reported it to the police as the plates will probably be put to some fraudulant use and you'll get the blame as registered owner but, at least now you can produce the crime number that you got when you reported it so as to prove that they were robbed from your car.

There's soon going to be more scum than decent folk about :mad:

scooby gez 01-03-2006 20:54

thats right basher, but thats life and its a shame really

Gayle 01-03-2006 21:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil
Try living in Ossy. In the last few weeks a lot of door mirrors have been kicked of cars. Almost 10 last Friday night mainly along Union Road. A similar number over the last few weeks around where I live. Someone was arrested for it on Tuesday. Some of these mirrors cost £150 plus to replace. A couple of number plates, count yourself as lucky mate.

I had my aerial nicked. It wouldn't have been so bad if they'd nicked it by unscrewing it but they'd snapped it off leaving the screw bit in the socket. To replace the aerial would have just cost £17 but because they had to get the bit out of the socket it cost £65.

SPUGGIE J 01-03-2006 21:19

Lucky T C wasnt on holiday abroad he could have come back and been arrested for some crime that a vehicle with his number plates on was involved in. Its crazy but assuring in a way that you need to take documentation for new plates but how can you prove in this day and age without a passport or official ID that you are you and the car is yours?

Neil 01-03-2006 22:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by scooby gez
i personnaly am glad they asked what if say you or i was a thief and we had xexact same car just differant plates??

If I was a thief I most certainly wouldn't lower myself to pay for plates. I would nick some of an identical car. Home many Focus or Vectra's do you see of the same colour. Easy isn't it?

Gayle that reminded me of the old van aerial disease joke :D