Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   A drop more Snow (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/a-drop-more-snow-20174.html)

Doug 12-03-2006 00:51

A drop more Snow

It was expected tonight but it’s nice to have a bit of snow to watch on a sleepless night. It quite heavy up over Bispham, have a look outside Granny and lets us know if you’ve got it as well. How are we doing over there in Accy, you getting any?

harwood red 12-03-2006 02:15

Re: A drop more Snow

as of 3.14 still no snow here!!! I hope it stays away too. Out on a family day out... oops think I better get off to bed then :)

SPUGGIE J 12-03-2006 05:51

Well we have 4 to 6 inches and rising here. Cars daft enough to be out and reports of snow plows of the road. Typical preperations ie none even the motorway is buried. Mind you the sledges can come out.

SPUGGIE J 12-03-2006 05:51

Well we have 4 to 6 inches and rising here. Cars daft enough to be out and reports of snow plows of the road. Typical preperations ie none even the motorway is buried. Mind you the sledges can come out.

Debbie J 12-03-2006 07:14

Just looked out the window and it's snowing now in Accy. Sky looks full but I wouldn't like to guess at how long it will last. Sorry Harwood Red hope your day isn't spoiled too much.

SPUGGIE J 12-03-2006 07:16

When Grangemouth is full of snow you know its bad. The Refinery normally keeps us snow free. Think there candles must have been out last night. :D

Ernie 12-03-2006 07:49

Heavy snow here in Bury, looks like we will be staying in after the usual walk with the dog.

Sara 12-03-2006 08:07

Usually like the snow but i am hoping it turns to rain soon. My son is away for the weekend in Blackpool and is expected home sometime later today, and my daughter is on a sleepover at her friends at the top of Ossy, so they've both to get home sometime today and i won't be driving if it continues.

lettie 12-03-2006 09:24

Oh ******!!!!! Would you just look at this stuff........ The dog has been relegated to the hearth, there's no way she's getting a walk this morning. I have to go to work at lunchtime until 9pm. I'll have to check that I have a shovel in the boot at this rate. It wouldn't be the first time I've been snowed in at Queens Park (and it's not pleasant)...:rolleyes:

garinda 12-03-2006 09:24

The snow's well and truly drifting in Ossy.

Just been for the papers, and Union Road is ungritted and only passable with care.

Lunch out has been cancelled.

It doesn't look like turning to rain just yet, and the wind is bitterly cold.

andrewb 12-03-2006 09:32

Manchester road was ungritted up until about 10:15pm lol... and highway in the sky has been closed according to my grandad.

Manchester road clear now 'cause of smelly gritters ;)

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/8...02079xe.th.jpg

accymel 12-03-2006 10:05

Its thick & drifting here with that wind, snow deep already in places, wonder if Willows Lane is passable if the gritters haven't been out & its still coming down thick.

garinda 12-03-2006 10:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by accymel
Its thick & drifting here

That's funny......................so..................... .am...................I.:)

Gayle 12-03-2006 10:09

I have two small children pestering me at the moment - 'when will it stop?', 'can you get the sledge out?', 'can we go out and catch snowflakes on our tongues?' - this has been going on for about two hours.

garinda 12-03-2006 10:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by lettie
Oh ******!!!!! Would you just look at this stuff........ The dog has been relegated to the hearth, there's no way she's getting a walk this morning. I have to go to work at lunchtime until 9pm. I'll have to check that I have a shovel in the boot at this rate. It wouldn't be the first time I've been snowed in at Queens Park (and it's not pleasant)...:rolleyes:

Be careful Lettie, the roads are treacherous. I'd stick to the main roads.