Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Have YOU Had an Encounter? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/have-you-had-an-encounter-20412.html)

Busman747 22-03-2006 21:11

Have YOU Had an Encounter?

Picture the scene if you can,

It was a clear summers day in my village in Bedfordshire, About 2 miles away, the Chiltern Hills rise up to 700ft above sea level (which is high down south:rolleyes: ) - and I witnessed a bright twinkling light hovering in the sky.

As I watched, the object circled and did strange things that SHOULD have been impossible but I was a witness to this incredible sight - - :eek:

Neighbours came out to watch this phenomenon as it somersaulted through the sky - - - until it came close enough to be recognised as a heart shaped silver and red balloon made from some metallic material!:o

I was wondering tonight (as I often do) have any of you Accywebbers seen or thought to have seen a U.F.O, or have you ever been abducted (Less:D )

buttonsmum 22-03-2006 21:15

Re: Have YOU Had an Encounter?

Less wasn't abducted, he was left here when they got fed up of him on their own planet :)

SPUGGIE J 22-03-2006 21:16

If I wanted to see them I can cycle to Bonnybridge. Mind you aint got the guts to be abducted or to go looking for alien craft.

West Ender 22-03-2006 21:33

My son once saw a luminous, cylindrical object flying over his house on an erratic course. He rushed outside and ran down the street keeping it in sight until it suddenly changed direction, veered off to the East and disappeared.

It turned out it was an advertising balloon that had come adrift of its moorings and was being blown across the sky in the wind, glowing in the light of the setting sun. He was so disappointed. :p

WillowTheWhisp 22-03-2006 21:59

I've had 4 funny experiences, all slightly different and none of them with a logical explanation.

One was on the way home from Duckinfield once about 15 years ago my late husband and I saw something peculiar in the sky, silvery cigar shaped (thinne than a blump) doing a bit of hovering and then shooting off very quickly, coming back and hovering again etc.

Another time in Blackburn near St Albans church we saw somethng similar but didn't get much of a look at that one.

About 7 years ago we were out walking up near Jackhouse reservoir when we saw what I at first thought was an aircraft reflecting the sun but then it didn't move like an aircraft. My youngest daughter was about 3 at the time and she was with us. When we got back home she had a Richard Dreyfuss tan.

And finally there was the time we were abductd by aliens on the way home from Morecambe and ended up out on the Fylde coast somewhere down a little country lane.
:eek:

West Ender 22-03-2006 22:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp

And finally there was the time we were abductd by aliens on the way home from Morecambe and ended up out on the Fylde coast somewhere down a little country lane.
:eek:

Well, if you will go to Morecambe - what do you expect? :rolleyes:

Busman747 22-03-2006 22:10

Quote:

(thinne than a blump)

Is that Alien speak Willow??:p

WillowTheWhisp 22-03-2006 22:18

:p ......................

chav1 22-03-2006 22:51

Quote:

And finally there was the time we were abductd by aliens on the way home from Morecambe and ended up out on the Fylde coast somewhere down a little country lane.:eek:

that reminds me of another incident at morcambe where there were dissapearences

wasnt it 20 cockle pickers that just suddenly vanished of the beech :D

garinda 22-03-2006 22:56

Can't really comment, but soon my work amongst you will be done and I will return to my own planet.

SPUGGIE J 22-03-2006 23:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda
Can't really comment, but soon my work amongst you will be done and I will return to my own planet.

Can you please take PB with you? TB will pay the fare. :D

garinda 22-03-2006 23:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J
Can you please take PB with you? TB will pay the fare. :D

Sorry my ship doesn't go anywhere near Uranus.:eek:

harwood red 22-03-2006 23:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda
Sorry my ship doesn't go anywhere near Uranus.:eek:

Ohhhhhhh nooooooooo puddle forming under chair again :p :D :p :D :p :D

SPUGGIE J 22-03-2006 23:24

Never mind Red we wont tell.

Driller 22-03-2006 23:49

I did have a “close encounter” I remember waking around 5am one winters morning, my bedroom door was open..a strange being approached from the bathroom..it seemed to be human in form but not of this earth, I pushed myself back on the headboard in a pathetic attempt to escape.. then it spoke “give us a fag” It was a girl called Linda .. we had apparently met at the funnys disco at the last orders!