Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-03-2006, 21:11   #1
Always EVIL within us

Talking Have YOU Had an Encounter?

Picture the scene if you can,

It was a clear summers day in my village in Bedfordshire, About 2 miles away, the Chiltern Hills rise up to 700ft above sea level (which is high down south ) - and I witnessed a bright twinkling light hovering in the sky.

As I watched, the object circled and did strange things that SHOULD have been impossible but I was a witness to this incredible sight - -

Neighbours came out to watch this phenomenon as it somersaulted through the sky - - - until it came close enough to be recognised as a heart shaped silver and red balloon made from some metallic material!

I was wondering tonight (as I often do) have any of you Accywebbers seen or thought to have seen a U.F.O, or have you ever been abducted (Less )
Old 22-03-2006, 21:15   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Have YOU Had an Encounter?

Less wasn't abducted, he was left here when they got fed up of him on their own planet

buttonsmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2006, 21:16   #3
God Member

If I wanted to see them I can cycle to Bonnybridge. Mind you aint got the guts to be abducted or to go looking for alien craft.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2006, 21:33   #4
Passed away 25-11-09

My son once saw a luminous, cylindrical object flying over his house on an erratic course. He rushed outside and ran down the street keeping it in sight until it suddenly changed direction, veered off to the East and disappeared.

It turned out it was an advertising balloon that had come adrift of its moorings and was being blown across the sky in the wind, glowing in the light of the setting sun. He was so disappointed.
Old 22-03-2006, 21:59   #5
Resident Waffler

I've had 4 funny experiences, all slightly different and none of them with a logical explanation.

One was on the way home from Duckinfield once about 15 years ago my late husband and I saw something peculiar in the sky, silvery cigar shaped (thinne than a blump) doing a bit of hovering and then shooting off very quickly, coming back and hovering again etc.

Another time in Blackburn near St Albans church we saw somethng similar but didn't get much of a look at that one.

About 7 years ago we were out walking up near Jackhouse reservoir when we saw what I at first thought was an aircraft reflecting the sun but then it didn't move like an aircraft. My youngest daughter was about 3 at the time and she was with us. When we got back home she had a Richard Dreyfuss tan.

And finally there was the time we were abductd by aliens on the way home from Morecambe and ended up out on the Fylde coast somewhere down a little country lane.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2006, 22:03   #6
Passed away 25-11-09

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp

And finally there was the time we were abductd by aliens on the way home from Morecambe and ended up out on the Fylde coast somewhere down a little country lane.
Well, if you will go to Morecambe - what do you expect?
Old 22-03-2006, 22:10   #7
Always EVIL within us

Quote:
(thinne than a blump)

Is that Alien speak Willow??
Old 22-03-2006, 22:18   #8
Resident Waffler

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2006, 22:51   #9
I am Banned

Quote:
that reminds me of another incident at morcambe where there were dissapearences

wasnt it 20 cockle pickers that just suddenly vanished of the beech
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2006, 22:56   #10
Give, give, give member

Can't really comment, but soon my work amongst you will be done and I will return to my own planet.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2006, 23:12   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
Can't really comment, but soon my work amongst you will be done and I will return to my own planet.
Can you please take PB with you? TB will pay the fare.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 22-03-2006, 23:20   #12
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J
Can you please take PB with you? TB will pay the fare.

Sorry my ship doesn't go anywhere near Uranus.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2006, 23:22   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
Sorry my ship doesn't go anywhere near Uranus.
Ohhhhhhh nooooooooo puddle forming under chair again

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2006, 23:24   #14
God Member

Never mind Red we wont tell.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 22-03-2006, 23:49   #15

I did have a “close encounter” I remember waking around 5am one winters morning, my bedroom door was open..a strange being approached from the bathroom..it seemed to be human in form but not of this earth, I pushed myself back on the headboard in a pathetic attempt to escape.. then it spoke “give us a fag” It was a girl called Linda .. we had apparently met at the funnys disco at the last orders!
Driller is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..