Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Tree watch. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/tree-watch-20815.html)

garinda 12-04-2006 22:52

Re: Tree watch.

Thanks fellow tree spotters, that's encouraging news.

Fingers crossed. :)

Madhatter 13-04-2006 16:02

It does depend on if they get watered this summer, if they don't even if they bud, they won't survive. Everyone of our trees has died. There was talk of replacing them with metal trees with leaves but nothing came of that, latest was that allan lloyd was going to pay for them to be replaced, but I think he's scared he might release too many moths.

garinda 13-04-2006 16:10

Climate plays a deciding role when determining the appropriate planting time. Newly planted trees do best when exposed to moderate temperature and rainfall and they need time to root and acclimatize before the onset of intense heat and dryness of summer or the freezing temperatures of winter.
Spring and early fall, therefore, are generally the best planting seasons (depending on your location) with spring preferred over fall in the more northerly latitudes. In the southern United States, however, which does not experience an intense winter, planting can take place during the winter months.

So minus six, on a cold November day, was probably not the wisest time to plant them.:(

SPUGGIE J 13-04-2006 18:38

Better get the garden docter in. :D Sure the could wangle a visit from a famous name to do it.

harwood red 13-04-2006 21:26

We should get that woman back up here. the one who's programme there was a thread on here a couple of months back. she was originally from Rishton.... her name escapes me and I'm too damn lazy to look back through the old threads!!! :rolleyes:

garinda 02-05-2006 15:13

Still no signs of life.:(

There are a few brown buds, which may yet bloom, particularly as I gave them all a hug this afternoon.:eek:

K.S.H 05-06-2006 11:32

Wheres my lucky acorn? there is signs of life now, there full of it, greener than you've ever seen them

garinda 05-06-2006 12:30

Karma given.:)

Thanks also to Lindsay Ormerod for her update on the springing into life of the oaks.

All that hugging certainly paid off.;)

K.S.H 05-06-2006 13:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda
Karma given.:)

Thank you :)

Neil 05-06-2006 14:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda
Thanks also to Lindsay Ormerod for her update on the springing into life of the oaks.

All that hugging certainly paid off.;)

How has hugging Lindsay made the oak spring into life? Unless you are talking about your little twig again ;)

sk8punk92 05-06-2006 15:02

Sweetness-ness

katex 05-06-2006 17:38

Oh ******, ******, saw some green leaves at the end of April, just forgot to report in ... sob, sob. (just sour grapes that's all) :(