Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2008, 00:02   #1
God Member

22,000 dead - 41,000 Missing in Burma

I feel very sad for the people of Burma.
My Father was killed there in 1944.
I had a Burmese girlfriend in my early twenties who was the most gentle and considerate girl I think I ever met (My wife knows and understands)
I sincerely hope the the Government of Burma allow Aid Agencies to enter the country to sort this mess out.

BBC NEWS | World | Asia-Pacific | Burma's cyclone death toll soars

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-05-2008, 00:25   #2
God Member

Re: 22,000 dead - 41,000 Missing in Burma

Im sure Ive heard somewhere today that all the trouble there has been there has been a considerable amount of police/military on the streets,
But for the disater only a thousand have been allowed to help..
will check but if thats the case its wrong imo!!
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 02:07   #3
God Member

This puts the ruling military in a bind .... not that I'm sympathetic with them .... I think that there is some sort of referendum coming up on a new constitution ... they have to act in this disaster, even if they don't want to break down and allow outsided help. They are really caught between a rock and a hard place. I hope for once that they act for the benefit of the people.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 09:23   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
You are getting really close to a ten on the insensitivity scale.
dont get me started on how we will proabably end up with even more people shaking collection tins in our faces for them or valuable TV airtime wasted on stupid appeals which will probbaly interfere with my TV shows

have i got my 10 yet
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 09:35   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
dont get me started on how we will proabably end up with even more people shaking collection tins in our faces for them or valuable TV airtime wasted on stupid appeals which will probbaly interfere with my TV shows

have i got my 10 yet
No........but you will probably be a little bit wiser when you reach your tenth...........birthday that is

Old 07-05-2008, 09:39   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
No........but you will probably be a little bit wiser when you reach your tenth...........birthday that is
hey i tollerate your childish bickering and sniping in here so show some manners and afford the same courtesy to others pal
Old 07-05-2008, 09:48   #7
Resting in Peace

I feel sorry for the ordinary people in Burma, they are very oppressed and have been for years. It is only when things like this happen that you realise just how luck we are in this country, we certainly don't have to worry about weather like this over here, thank heavens
Old 07-05-2008, 15:37   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post

have i got my 10 yet
Well, what can we expect from someone who considers TV "valuable."
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 16:43   #9
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Well is it not Eric
Old 07-05-2008, 16:46   #10
Senior Member+

Quote:
my tv's valuable.....cost me a fortune

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 16:49   #11
God Member

I cannot comprehend the size of this natural disaster, so many wasted lives. hope as much aid gets through to the country as possible.
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 17:30   #12
God Member

...................... This is the comment left for posting this thread on the end of a Red Karma............Unsigned of course..............disgusting

Old 07-05-2008, 18:05   #13
God Member

Quote:
...................... This is the comment left for posting this thread on the end of a Red Karma............Unsigned of course..............disgusting
lol what the hell did you do to deserve negative karma lol ( well in this thread anyway at least lol )

may have been some thicko trying to deduct me and got you accidentaly
Old 08-05-2008, 09:21   #14
God Member

Quote:

dont wory royboy somone with a slighly higher IQ level managed to get the job done eventualy and like yours mine is also unsigned lol
Old 08-05-2008, 09:58   #15
Resting in Peace

Every time I watch the News it seems the estimated death total goes up, the're now saying it could be over a 100,000, as I've said before we don't know we're born in this country, weather wise anyway

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..