Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   lead item on tonights 11p.m. U S news (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/lead-item-on-tonights-11p-m-u-s-news-22028.html)

steeljack 27-05-2006 06:44

lead item on tonights 11p.m. U S news

ok , I know a lot of folks complain about the BBC , but believe me just be grateful for what you have , here in California the lead item on tonights 11 p.m. NBC news was " What mothers are doing to avoid giving birth on 6, june 2006....6/6/06 (6/6/6) "........... the middle east is in turmoil , starvation in africa is rampant, corruption in government etc. etc and the lead story is about a group of mothers who are planing to having induced births to avoid giving birth to a little Damion on June 6th. ........I just give up , no wonder most of the world thinks Americans are dumb

SPUGGIE J 27-05-2006 07:10

Re: lead item on tonights 11p.m. U S news

Thats it the ol' USof A is now bannana's and thats official! :eek:

With the way religion is taken over there its no real suprise and as the rest
of the list could be classsed as normal then this is news. Wonder how many induced births there will be and "cut and serve?" :confused:

Could make a few bob from rubber bungs and "adapted" chastity belts. :D

Mancie 27-05-2006 07:18

how long have you been away from britain? given the chance BBC news does give out the same sort of c**p ,, have you read the mail or the sun lately? may as well be the beano and dandy.. and we english are not dumb??

andrewb 27-05-2006 09:08

I have 6 hours of exams on the 6/6/06 .. oh noes! .. :S

katex 27-05-2006 11:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyfr

Don't even think about it Cyfr, lots of students taking their exams on this date so you can't all fail, might work in your favour, who knows ? :D :dflam:
Best of luck.

Anyway, believe 666 is nothing to do with the Devil, something about kings/leaders being given numbers, etc.

As for the American 'mothers to be' well, absolute crackpots, putting the birth of your child at risk because of some stupid superstition !!!! Makes me angry:mad: Maybe, just as well though, 'cause if their baby is born on this day, they would always believe it to be the 'Child of the Devil' Nowt funnier than folk, is there ?

cashman 27-05-2006 12:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by steeljack
ok , I know a lot of folks complain about the BBC , but believe me just be grateful for what you have , here in California the lead item on tonights 11 p.m. NBC news was " What mothers are doing to avoid giving birth on 6, june 2006....6/6/06 (6/6/6) "........... the middle east is in turmoil , starvation in africa is rampant, corruption in government etc. etc and the lead story is about a group of mothers who are planing to having induced births to avoid giving birth to a little Damion on June 6th. ........I just give up , no wonder most of the world thinks Americans are dumb

the world knows they are dumb steeljack not thinks- lol saying that i have found em to be very hospitable people even in N.Y. pmsl.:D

SPUGGIE J 27-05-2006 13:12

Quote:

Take a priest as a body guard and good luck charm.
:D

DONT FORGET THE HOLY WATER!!!! :p

jambutty 28-05-2006 18:29

Contrary to popular belief 666 is not the Devil’s number. It is man’s number.

SPUGGIE J 28-05-2006 18:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by jambutty
Contrary to popular belief 666 is not the Devil’s number. It is man’s number.

OK JB share your wisdom please.

garinda 28-05-2006 19:27

The Arabic number 6 apparently comes to us via the older Indian numerical system. Even so it isn't as old as the Devil, whose date of birth I'll have to let a creationist tell you.;)

grannyclaret 28-05-2006 20:04

Iam not sure about the 666 being bad news... but my youngest son is called Damian and i think he is a credit,,,,
Maybe its in the spelling..i,e.DAMIAN..DAMIEN.. OR DAMION.....
I think St Damien is the patron saint of leppers,:confused:

katex 06-06-2006 19:39

Quote:

Sure myself and all the Accywebbers hope today went well for you Cyfr .. reckon worse thing was having to do this on such a beautiful day. ;)

Wynonie Harris 06-06-2006 19:50

Although a fair proportion of yanks may be dumb, the same can certainly be said of this country. Go into any city or town centre late on a weekend night and you will see plenty of them!

cashman 06-06-2006 23:22

[QUOTE=Wynonie Harris]Although a fair proportion of yanks may be dumb, the same can certainly be said of this country. Go into any city or town centre late on a weekend night and you will see plenty of them![/QUOTE agree wyn but our town centre dummys at weekend nights will like as not SNOT you there lies the differance, you can prob vouch for that yourself wyn the usa town centres seem to me to be a damn site safer- an guns are legal there.

Wynonie Harris 07-06-2006 05:25

Mr C, one of the most enjoyable nights out I've had was a "pub" crawl round the bars of Harlem to celebrate Mrs H's birthday. Very friendly, pleasant people and no hassle whatsoever (and some great music on the jukeboxes too!). And I've had the same sort of experience in Chicago, New Orleans and San Francisco. In contrast, I wouldn't even venture into central Manchester after midnight on Friday and Saturday nights now, as I value my life!