Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Karma (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/karma-22911.html)

Len 17-07-2006 22:00

Re: Karma

Karma is for fun,I agree but I make a simple statement and everyone jumps in holding their hands up, what can I say :idunno:

:)

harwood red 17-07-2006 22:11

I have to say that the karma system is great fun... I will admit to getting miffed once when someone deducted karma for a completely nonsensical reason and was quite offensive with their comment but other than that....BRING IT ON!!!! :D :p

Oh and if I give negative I have ALWAYS signed my name if for no other reason to see if the other person responds.. as yet they have accepted the neg karma.. maybe cos I signed it :)

whoah does that mean I'm gonna get whacked now??? :o

Madhatter 17-07-2006 22:16

lmao thanks len and kipax you have both made me laugh tonight, bagpuss, len didn't give it away, you did lol, and by the looks of it did to len too, because I doubt if he went to check, just to accuse you. So you deserve that karma more than ever now because you've been more honest than you intended and caused some great entertainment.:)

Neil 17-07-2006 22:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by KIPAX
int karma brilliant :)

It most certainly is :D

Len 17-07-2006 22:35

All we need now is another thread about Karma.

Neil 17-07-2006 22:40

You must have a laugh reading the bull**** that I post as karma :D

cashman 17-07-2006 22:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bagpuss
Sorry Sir but there is no snakes in the grass here I honestly thought madhatter was out of order and gave him neg karma unfortunatly I did not sign it. Len had no right to make this info common knowledge as only Roy should have that right.

Blackburn Rover thanks for signing the neg karma I have no probs with your opinion.

ah but len did not put your name to that comment-you did.:D
so i think the snakes ARE in the grass.:D

garinda 17-07-2006 22:45

I don't think any of us can decide who is or isn't an interesting or funny poster on Accy Web. We all have different likes and dislikes.

We all appreciate different things that other members care to share with us here. If we disagree we have the availability to answer back in a thread.

If there weren't people who post as regularly as Madhatter does then there would be nothing to read and the site would be dragged to a slow death.

The more some people make a fuss when they lose karma just encourages some members to take more for a reaction. Constant crying about karma losses only results in sympathy karma from the nice members once.;)

Len 17-07-2006 22:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil
You must have a laugh reading the bull**** that I post as karma :D

No not really. We usually only look if something is going on. It would take far too much time if we had to try and read everyone’s Karma comments. End of the day most of it is just banter and the odd shout. :eek: hehe

Neil 17-07-2006 23:00

yeah and Roy told me the same story ;)

Len 17-07-2006 23:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil
yeah and Roy told me the same story ;)

But it’s true. When bagpus gets me the boot apply for the moderators job and you’ll see how time consuming it really is. Tracking down some ones Karma comments is a task but if needs be, it will be done.

garinda 17-07-2006 23:19

Too true Len.

The mods come in for some stick, but I wouldn't do their fairly thankless task for a gold clock.(Yes Neil, clock...don't misquote me.);)

I'm sure they have better things to do than read every single karma comment.

KIPAX 17-07-2006 23:38

I feel I need to add.... As said i do leave bad karma and dont sign it and watch the fish wriggle.... my sense of humour I guess...
But I never and I mean 100% absoloutly NEVER leave comments that are personally insulting or anything like that as has been mentioned people recieve.. thats a whole different kettle of fish...

15 years on the internet and I have never typed the f word.(I even * it out if quoting where possible). i manage to argue without lowering to certain levels..

I play nice but not fair hehehe

todbear 18-07-2006 10:35

I dont quite understand this Karma thing how do I give someone Karma and how do I take it away?

todbear 18-07-2006 10:38

I am new and dont understand the Karma thing, how do I give karma to some one?