Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Cooking................... (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/cooking-24507.html)

SPUGGIE J 29-09-2006 18:57

Re: Cooking...................

Quote:

Originally Posted by slinky
Hmmmmm well it's loaded with treacle, loaded with brown sugar, oatmeal, eggs ect..... so the calories might be a problem lol.

THat sounds like heaven. Slinks i am getting VERY JEALOUS of those who will be there. :(

harwood red 29-09-2006 18:59

Quote:

Hmmmmm well it's loaded with treacle, loaded with brown sugar, oatmeal, eggs ect..... so the calories might be a problem lol.

Oh well, I couldn't possibly not try it though, wouldn't want you to feel that I didn't like it... so will try my best to eat a piece or two....yeah right and the rest, lol :D :p :D

WillowTheWhisp 29-09-2006 19:00

Don't bother getting jealous by the time they've shared it out there'll only be a crumb each.;) Poor Less and Mick think they're getting it all to themselves.

harwood red 29-09-2006 19:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
Don't bother getting jealous by the time they've shared it out there'll only be a crumb each.;) Poor Less and Mick think they're getting it all to themselves.

hey willow seeing as you and bus man can't make it do you want me to try a piece for you both??? ;)

slinky 29-09-2006 19:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp

I was actually thinking the same!!!! maybe I should have made more of the stuff now!!! but i'm working tomorrow til 8pm.....so what I have made will have to go around!!! will make more next time.:D

SPUGGIE J 29-09-2006 19:09

Quote:

I was actually thinking the same!!!! maybe I should have made more of the stuff now!!! but i'm working tomorrow til 8pm.....so what I have made will have to go around!!! will make more next time.:D

Please give me plenty of warning abut the next time. :)

slinky 29-09-2006 19:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J
Please give me plenty of warning abut the next time. :)

I would like more warning myself lol.....I didn't even know I was going the meet til about 2:30 this afternoon.

slinky 29-09-2006 20:52

Well I have just checked the treacle toffee and it's still quite SQUIDGY.....so don't think my first attempt at that has worked!!! ah well ......... all trial and error :rolleyes:

Mick 29-09-2006 20:54

Well slinky give that batch to Neil once in his mouth we will not here anything from him for the rest of the night:)

slinky 29-09-2006 20:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by mick
Well slinky give that batch to Neil once in his mouth we will not here anything from him for the rest of the night:)

Hehehe what a bloody good Idea Mick :D

LancYorkYankee 30-09-2006 02:47

Hey Slinky, here is a recipe from an Ashton site. Is this very similar to how you did yours?

Brian

LANCASHIRE PARKIN
You Need:10tablespoons of flour
10tablespoons of oatmeal
5tablespoons of sugar
3good tablespoons black treacle
227g lard
3teaspoons ground ginger
2teaspoons baking powder
1egg (or 1teaspoon egg powder)
3good tablespoons Golden Syrup
In a saucepan melt,syrup and treacle in a teacup of milk,but do not boil.In a large mixing bowl mix dry ingredients,add liquid and mix well.
Bake in well greased roasting tin in very slow oven at least 3 hours;do not open oven door for first hour.when cooked cover tin with clean tea towel and leave to stand for two days before eating.Cut pieces from tin as required

GINGER 30-09-2006 11:06

hi all the curry is on the go so get ready for ring sting i hope you all like a hot one it will take all day to cook

Mick 30-09-2006 11:31

Anyone going to the stag tonight could someone please bring paper plates and dishes and plastic spoons for the curry thankyou

SPUGGIE J 30-09-2006 11:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by GINGER
hi all the curry is on the go so get ready for ring sting i hope you all like a hot one it will take all day to cook

Another cullinary delight I am going to miss out on. :( :( :( :( :( :(

Gayle 01-10-2006 08:00

So you scoffed all the cake then? Was it good?

I was half expecting a crumbled up piece of cake on my door mat this morning but clearly the Ossy contingency were too tipsy to remember little old me. Perhaps next time!!!