Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   HBC rubbish @ recycling. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/hbc-rubbish-recycling-25829.html)

WillowTheWhisp 08-12-2006 08:40

Re: HBC rubbish @ recycling.

Gotcha!

It was the box that confused me.

lancsdave 08-12-2006 09:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by chav1 (Post 346860)

got rid of it myself and aint sayin how ;)

I've just had to clear some rubbish off my doorstep this morning !!!

SPUGGIE J 08-12-2006 13:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 346458)
Happy to report that the Observer have published a story about the issues raised here about all of Hyndburn's trade waste going straight to landfill sites.

Had to laugh at that tough considering how serious they take it if you or I dont recycle. HYPOCRITS thats all they are. One rule for us one rule for them. Well next time they start it should be "whats good for the goose is good for the gander" as they (HBC) are setting the example.

Ernie 08-12-2006 13:17

Bury council are a waste of space too, I have an old gas fire and a mattress to dispose of, they told me that they can take the mattress but I must dispose of the gas fire myself. Now some people would think that they are encouraging fly tipping, but not me I will take it to the tip myself like a good citizen.

WillowTheWhisp 08-12-2006 13:42

Which is of course very un-green because it means you use unnecessary extra fossil fuel in doing so.

cashman 08-12-2006 16:16

today was the blue sack collection day on our street! paris rang this morning to confirm this as we have a very full sack (cos they never collected a fortnight since) was told by the lady after giving her postcode YES they will be here today, but if they dont - ring me back after 4-00, after 4-00 she rang them back to say = they have not collected our sack, the answer was oh yours must be a missed street!!! so they will collect it next monday or tuesday. i am now slavering, at a cost of 2 phone calls we have now to put the bloody sack out monday, or tuesday, HBC is bloody useless, if we put the stuff in the wheely bin,its chipped so we will be fined. if we recycle like good citizens,they wont collect when they should,they will Pis* you about trailing bags through your house for nothing, how the infirm and disabled people cope with this fiasco is beyond me.THIS COUNCIL SUCKS.:mad:

chav1 08-12-2006 16:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 346915)
I've just had to clear some rubbish off my doorstep this morning !!!

you shouldnt thave told her where you lived you only have yourself to blame :D

jimmi5bellies 09-12-2006 08:16

Put cardboard out and have they took it ..... have they chuff ! :eek:

g jones 10-12-2006 17:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 347102)
today was the blue sack collection day on our street! paris rang this morning to confirm this as we have a very full sack (cos they never collected a fortnight since) was told by the lady after giving her postcode YES they will be here today, but if they dont - ring me back after 4-00, after 4-00 she rang them back to say = they have not collected our sack, the answer was oh yours must be a missed street!!! so they will collect it next monday or tuesday. i am now slavering, at a cost of 2 phone calls we have now to put the bloody sack out monday, or tuesday, HBC is bloody useless, if we put the stuff in the wheely bin,its chipped so we will be fined. if we recycle like good citizens,they wont collect when they should,they will Pis* you about trailing bags through your house for nothing, how the infirm and disabled people cope with this fiasco is beyond me.THIS COUNCIL SUCKS.:mad:

To be fair it has been run into the ground and had extra £millions to do it.

The stress because of the mess is considerable. It led to the leader Ian Ormerod in 2003 having a stroke (when Labour had one year a power) because of it all.

garinda 15-06-2007 10:02

I noticed in this weekend's Observer a self congratulatory article, were HBC have reached self imposed recycling targets. All very laudable, however, since all rubbish from council offices is classed as trade waste, the revelation that council employees are encouraged to take home waste to recycle, as there is no provision in the borough for trade waste to be recycled, seems a little puzzling.

The puzzle being that the information that no trade waste in Hyndburn can't, and isn't being recycled, first came to my attention because someone who was loathed to put glass in with their trade waste, was issued with a threat of a fine because they put some glass bottles in with their residential recycling.

Is this another example of one rule for the council, and another rule for the rest of us?

Has anyone from the council been issued with a notice and threat of fines, because they are disposing of trade waste through the residential recycling scheme?

I doubt it.

garinda 10-01-2008 22:59

Good to see Greg Pope, in his Observer column, berating Hyndburn Borough Council, over their slackness in still not letting the borough's businesses waste be recycled.

Speedy 11-01-2008 01:16

The only reason the council wants us to recycle is because it saves them money and makes them money at the same time. Because it costs approx 130pound per ton to tip off at the tip, (rough figures that i was told when i worked there). Not sure how much the recycling makes them but the scrap price for metal is around 80pound per ton. They must be laughing all the way with profit margins like that.

shillelagh 11-01-2008 01:34

my friend has always said why should he turn his kitchen into a recycling plant so that the council can make money, he also says a lot of other things that i cant post here but the general census is that HBC can kiss his backside :dummy2:

Neil 11-01-2008 02:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by shillelagh (Post 515452)
my friend has always said why should he turn his kitchen into a recycling plant so that the council can make money

That is a dumb way of thinking. If tipping costs the Council more money then guess who pays for it, us Council Tax payers. Out of interest does your friend pay Council Tax or is it paid for him/her?

garinda 11-01-2008 08:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speedy (Post 515451)
The only reason the council wants us to recycle is because it saves them money and makes them money at the same time. Because it costs approx 130pound per ton to tip off at the tip, (rough figures that i was told when i worked there). Not sure how much the recycling makes them but the scrap price for metal is around 80pound per ton. They must be laughing all the way with profit margins like that.

Local councils have to reach recycling quotas handed down from central government, otherwise they will be denied funding.

As Neil said, who financially funds both local and national governments? Yes, we do. Therefore if recycling saves money, as well as decreasing the need for as many landfill sites, it's us, the people, who are the eventual beneficiaries.