Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   greg pope (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/greg-pope-27746.html)

KIPAX 16-01-2007 17:34

Re: greg pope

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 368914)
Hilariously witty. You are like the new Oscar Wilde.

Now just run off and find proof of what you claim Greg Pope said, there's a good chap.

I think I will go to watch stanley instead...... sorry... just another man letting you down :)

garinda 16-01-2007 17:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by KIPAX (Post 368917)
I think I will go to watch stanley instead...... sorry... just another man letting you down :)

That's it.

Run off and play with your friends.

I shan't be waiting with bated breath for you to return with the proof to back up your statement, shall I?

KIPAX 16-01-2007 17:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 368920)
I shan't be waiting with bated breath for you to return with the proof to back up your statement, shall I?

I wouldnt if I was you.. I think you have wasted enough of your life...

skippy 16-01-2007 17:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyfr (Post 368888)
Well since the rubbish thing is the council and law and order is police, I dont see where greg pope comes in to this, unless he voted to legalize hard drugs, which im pretty sure he hasnt!

he should be concerned as he claims to care about hyndburn

garinda 16-01-2007 17:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by KIPAX (Post 368923)
I wouldnt if I was you.. I think you have wasted enough of your life...

No, I have faith in you, that hopefully you will one day find the evidence to back up your arguments...again.

KIPAX 16-01-2007 17:43

kipax blows garinda a kiss............ keep ya going until I get back... :)

skippy 16-01-2007 17:44

on a final note on this thread i think greg is just complacent as he knows we vote for him the competition is non existent. i like people who are forthright

WillowTheWhisp 16-01-2007 17:49

I wish I knew what it was you expected him to do and then we'd know how feasable it was.

skippy 16-01-2007 18:01

its not what he did willow its the way he fobbed me off ith a letter and didnt point out to me at the time that my case didnt have much substance. i also didnt like the way his deputy was trying to defend him in a overbearing fashion

Gayle 16-01-2007 19:40

For his parliamentary record visit

http://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/gre...ndburn#numbers

In my mind there are two ways that a local MP should be working for us

1. dealing with issues that are relevant to the whole country that quite frankly the rest of us can't be bothered about or aren't informed enough about to make decisions - take a look at the list of papers that he has signed and answer honestly would you be prepared to wade through all the papers and make a decision on any of these points. It's his job to make decisions on our behalf on these issues.

2. local issues that he can campaign or get involved in - i.e. a road crossing for a school or local health service - bearing in mind that he has no powers and decisions are with the local council. What he does on these issues is take up people's cases. A good example, St Mary's school needed a crossing or something else to ensure that the children got across Mayfield Ave safely - he joined the campaign by writing to Lancs County Council on the parents behalf and we now have a lollipop man there. I'm not saying that he personally got a crossing there but he certainly added weight to the argument. He has helped me on a number of occassions by being a referee for funding bids and is very supportive on that score when it involves bringing more money into the borough.

If you've had a bad experience and the results didn't go your way then just consider is it really his fault that things didn't go your way or is it because the local council were never going to do anything in the first place?

The government gets blamed for a lot of things - but you have to separate local issues from national ones as I have always said. We have a Conservative council and it's very easy to blame the government but a lot of the stuff is more local than that.

Less 16-01-2007 20:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by skippy (Post 368936)
on a final note on this thread i think greg is just complacent as he knows we vote for him the competition is non existent. i like people who are forthright

Forthright= Direct and without evasion

Above is the definition of forthright, which is something you don't seem to have been in this thread.

You started it with:-
Quote:

hi i was just curious to see what others thought of our mp . i went to see him recently and he wrote a letter on my behalf after i had given a load of details about my issue. from his response it seemed he must have known what the reply would be but conveniently he wrote the letter anyway. ( to make it seem he had done something i guess) ii found him lacking substance and if a someone with more personality came to oust him i would vote regardless of the party. wat are others experiences
and despite people asking you politely, you have continued to evade telling them what exactly it is that you wanted our M.P. to do. How then can you expect anyone on here to give an honest opinion about the result of what he has done for you, if you are not willing to give them all the facts?

If what you asked was of such personal nature that you can't discuss it on here then I for one think you are going to have to learn to live with the results of what he has done for you because if with the facts given to him by you, Greg couldn't help, how can we decide that he didn't try hard enough for you when we don't know what you're talking about?

andrewb 16-01-2007 20:23

On a side note less, is your avatar from the game Dungeon Keeper?

Less 16-01-2007 20:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyfr (Post 369035)
On a side note less, is your avatar from the game Dungeon Keeper?

No it isn't. :D

lindsay ormerod 16-01-2007 20:54

I have met Greg on many occasions and he is a very decent and professional bloke.He helped the Our Price employees when we were made redundant 3 years ago and was very supportive throughout the whole sorry mess that it became. He has my support and faith in him;he does a great job;is often on the receiving end of unwarranted criticism and works incredibly hard for Hyndburn. The alternative is too hideous to contemplate.

Shady McGough 16-01-2007 21:33

Ok here's my two pence..... The only people who seem to be talking any real sense on the majority of this thread (not including those of you who have only chipped in here and there) are Cyfr and Garinda.

Kipax, with the greatest of respect, you are being a total ar*e.

And as for Skippy, the vagueness, the reticence, the evasiveness, the deliberate anti everything Greg Pope wise stance.......are you real or are you "someone else"?????????