Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-10-2005, 11:00   #1
Member.

28th October 1962.....What changed?

28 October 1962 the world give a sigh of relief as the Cuban Missile crisis came to an end. Nikita Khrushchev agreed to dismantle all Russian missiles based in Cuba and ship them back to the Soviet Union therefore ending the immediate threat of Nuclear War. In return Kennedy confirmed to the world that Khrushchev’s decision to remove the Cuban missiles was an "important contribution to peace". He also promised the United State would not invade Cuba……………This was to big boys play politics with the worlds safety, thank God “Christian, Islamic or otherwise” they grew up in time.

Can you imagine the outcome if a similar situation was to occur today? Would bush and Blair push us to the brink because someone dared to involve itself in another Country’s business or backyard? Is he already doing it with Iran?

28 October 2005 - "Blair hints at military action after Iran's 'disgraceful' taunt"......I was as disgusted as anyone else with the Iranians comments in regard to Israel, but those comments where little worse than as been used by other countries over the years and at the end of the day it’s no worse than what the Israelis have actually done in Palestine which was a British Mandated State Succeeded to the Israelis after they infected their own war of Terror against British Service Men, their families and civilians alike. I believe that the only thing that will prevent another incursion in to an Islamic State by the likes of Blair “who is already Sabre rattling” and Bush is the judgement of the British and American people against another Middle Eastern War……If we do this again we will unite the Middle East and other Islamic States and suffer the consequences on our own streets in the resulting outcry from our own Islamic immigrant population…Will we never learn to try to live with each other……….

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -

Last edited by Doug; 28-10-2005 at 11:02.
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-10-2005, 11:03   #2
God Member

Re: 28th October 1962.....What changed?

I doubt if the two Persidents have enough brains and commen sense between them to learn from the past and the outcome of meddling. Vietnam comes to mind.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2005, 14:15   #3
Give, give, give member

28th October 1962 was the start of cut price shoes.

Although there is no firm evidence, if you look closely at the shoe Khrushchev bangs on the desk, you can clearly see the hole that attached it to it's opposite pair when it was purchased from Tommy Ball, then trading on Blackburn Market.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2005, 14:53   #4
God Member

And i thought the hole was there so that a piece of string could be fitted for him to practice a fixed stride length. Mind you it didnt work he lost the argument his stride was not macho enough for the yanks.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2005, 14:57   #5
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J
And i thought the hole was there so that a piece of string could be fitted for him to practice a fixed stride length. Mind you it didnt work he lost the argument his stride was not macho enough for the yanks.
Thats because he only had little legs..........

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 28-10-2005, 20:19   #6
God Member

Sorry to thread wander but the mention of Tommy Balls brought back memories, I used to be really embarrassed to have the tell tale holes in my shoes, now I realise that the're good value.
grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2005, 22:53   #7
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grego
Sorry to thread wander but the mention of Tommy Balls brought back memories, I used to be really embarrassed to have the tell tale holes in my shoes, now I realise that the're good value.
If you worked vaseline into the hole and give it a good rub, the hole soon disappeared.

Well it used to work for me.

Old 29-10-2005, 00:24   #8
Member.

I can remember things getting tuff after my dad left the second time. I was at Green Howarth then and had to walk up there to the school most mornings from Miller Fold if the bus driver didn’t know who we where. Eventually my shoes started to go at the sole, just like in the old films…lol. I can remember my mum cutting up an old bike inner tube and sticking it to a piece of cardboard cut from a porridge oats box and slipping into my shoe. The sad thing was we ran out of inner tube just as the snow came……….

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 29-10-2005, 00:26   #9
Give, give, give member

It's just like a Christmas Carol.

Did Tiny Tim............. I mean Lil Doug, get a goose at Christmas?

Old 29-10-2005, 00:29   #10
Member.

No, but your going to get stuffed..................

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 29-10-2005, 00:30   #11
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug
No, but your going to get stuffed..................
Keep your beady eye off my Parson's nose Sir.

Old 29-10-2005, 00:32   #12
Member.

Keep to the thread bitch.........

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 29-10-2005, 00:33   #13
Give, give, give member

Charming.

Ok, I'm banging my shoe on your thread.

Old 29-10-2005, 00:35   #14
Give, give, give member

Well at least I livened up your thread by bringing Tommy Ball into the Cuban missile crisis, and making it relevant.

Old 29-10-2005, 00:37   #15
Member.

What the hell are you smoking..............

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..