Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2007, 13:51   #1
Senior Member+

30 Years From Today

Don't know if this has been done before but how do Accywebbers see our belovedtown,or the country as a whole,30 years from now(those still breathing anyhow).The town guardian in a burberry baseball cap,judge dredd style policing,a Polish primeminister,a 21st century style bus station,maybe we'll finally get the curry mile they were talking about on B'burn road.Or will we be under waterMaybe we will be re-named Hyndburnski Metro Central 1,as the towns guardians fancied a change of names after a few sonic weed inhalers.Totally legal of course.
Old 03-06-2007, 14:28   #2
God Member

Re: 30 Years From Today

Crikey thats a terrible future you forsee Maxwell. If it did get that bad what state would the rest of the UK be in? Better emigrate on retirement if thats what we could face.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 14:41   #3
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J View Post
Crikey thats a terrible future you forsee Maxwell. If it did get that bad what state would the rest of the UK be in? Better emigrate on retirement if thats what we could face.
With hindsight it was rather bleak was'nt it.Okay then how about free public transport for everyone,the demise of the pie shop,free love-in festival in Oak Hill park the 1st 2 weeks of every August.Areturn to spring-summer-autumn-winter.Bobbies on the beat.Good manners.A thriving town centre.And bins emptied every week.Re-cycling optional.
Old 03-06-2007, 14:46   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwell silver View Post
With hindsight it was rather bleak was'nt it.Okay then how about free public transport for everyone,the demise of the pie shop,free love-in festival in Oak Hill park the 1st 2 weeks of every August.Areturn to spring-summer-autumn-winter.Bobbies on the beat.Good manners.A thriving town centre.And bins emptied every week.Re-cycling optional.

Now that sounds a hell of a lot better.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 03-06-2007, 14:50   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

30 years from now accy should be heavan, no cashy, no P.B.,plus loads more obnoxious gits will have croaked, possibly some government in power that punishes the scum n not the victims, ahhh heavan defo.
Old 03-06-2007, 14:53   #6
God Member

And were would we get our fun if you and P.B decide to quit Cashy?

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 03-06-2007, 15:57   #7
God Member

Global warming during the next 30 years will have dramatic effects on food supplies due to droughts and floods and the need to relocate crops and people on higher ground and /or nearer the poles. Fossil fuel will have been exhausted. Unless substantial numbers of people die due to natural disasters there will be mass migrations. This will further restrict the amount of land available for agriculture.

HG Wells has been lauded for his foresight into future events - in time the writer of Soylent Green will get the same - sad isn't it?
Soylent Green - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited by MargaretR; 03-06-2007 at 16:01.
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 16:33   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J View Post
And were would we get our fun if you and P.B decide to quit Cashy?
will not be choice spug will have croaked.
Old 03-06-2007, 16:38   #9
Give, give, give member

Ever the optimist.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 16:40   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
will not be choice spug will have croaked.

Doubt it you will be taking potshots accross the bows of people 40 years from now. As for PB he might be gone but I am sure Cyfr will fill his shoes and take the heat.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 03-06-2007, 16:43   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post

Ever the optimist.
Optimist no. Dreamer Yes. Waiting on a miracle or the impossible most definately.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..