Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Hyndburn lovely...Official (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/hyndburn-lovely-official-30139.html)

Uncle Mick 20-04-2007 19:00

Hyndburn lovely...Official

A recent survey by Readers Digest has named Hyndburn the 18th best place to raise your family in the UK.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topstor...name_page.html

slinky 20-04-2007 19:27

Re: Hyndburn lovely...Official

123 Braintree, Essex :rofl38::rofl38::rofl38:

WillowTheWhisp 20-04-2007 19:44

How come if people prefer the coast the first coastal location is at 13 - Poole, Dorset. I'd have expected Lancaster to be higher.

flashy 20-04-2007 20:35

me thinks someone is extracting the urine

78 Gateshead <<<<<<<<<< yeah reet

Mancie 20-04-2007 21:02

Hyndburn 18th best place!.. that's pretty good going.. but I don't suppose it will stop the constant moaning about how Accy is a bad place to live from some members.. whining about people parking on pavements or other such heinous crimes ... if you don't like Accy why not move to a lovely inner city flat and try your luck dodging bullets?

cashman 20-04-2007 21:12

i would think that table speaks volumes for the people of the higher placed ones,also volumes for Down south.;) :D

garinda 20-04-2007 21:15

The results are probably based on the number of people who returned the lucky envelope, which contained their unique numbers, to see if they'd won the no obligation prize of £100,000.:D

SPUGGIE J 20-04-2007 21:46

Not convinced about the ranking. If it is so good why isnt there a flood of people desperately try to set up a home in Hyndburn or am I missing something especially as its miles ahead of Blackburn with Darwen? The rank for Falkirk above Stirling makes sense to me and the top 2 are Yuppie heaven along with West Lothian.

Mancie 20-04-2007 21:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J (Post 413265)
Not convinced about the ranking. If it is so good why isnt there a flood of people desperately try to set up a home in Hyndburn or am I missing something especially as its miles ahead of Blackburn with Darwen? The rank for Falkirk above Stirling makes sense to me and the top 2 are Yuppie heaven along with West Lothian.

There maybe some people trying to set up a home in Accrington.. but it's sometimes obvious that the "locals" don't take to kindly to "outsiders" moving into Accrington.. judging by some of the posts on here you are welcome in Accy if you are.. lets say white!

WillowTheWhisp 20-04-2007 22:07

Oh don't be silly Mancie, in the area of Accy where I live I'm white and an ethnic minority!

jackyalex 20-04-2007 22:09

well i live in the 166th place,thats bad to say its in the middle of the beautiful countryside with next to no crime,i dont think that survey is right

jackyalex 20-04-2007 22:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp (Post 413279)
Oh don't be silly Mancie, in the area of Accy where I live I'm white and an ethnic minority!

where r u willow?

WillowTheWhisp 20-04-2007 22:13

Central Ward and the official figures were quoted in another thread.

Mancie 20-04-2007 22:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp (Post 413279)

Fair enough.. what I'm really saying is that people should get in touch with reality... Accrington is really a nice safe town compared to most of the UK.. but for spuggie to question why people are not queing up for housing in Accrington is not real...how many black people live or have tried to live in Accrington.. I'm not talking about Asians.. black people.. why would any British born black family want set up home in an obviously racist town?

Doug 20-04-2007 22:17

I gave up looking for Blackpool when I passed 100. I see Pendle came in at 90and Dingleborough came 141st (no wonder you left Dave). feel sorry for those poor ba**ards in Blackburn........:D

jackyalex 20-04-2007 22:19

where's central ward?

slinky 20-04-2007 22:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackyalex (Post 413290)
where's central ward?

Willow lives near me Jacky

SPUGGIE J 20-04-2007 22:21

Slinks Willow whats it like being an ethnic minority?? Bit of one myself in a weird way. :)

jackyalex 20-04-2007 22:22

oh rite,my aunt lives near you slinks just off willows lane,been there 40+yrs

slinky 20-04-2007 22:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J (Post 413295)
Slinks Willow whats it like being an ethnic minority?? Bit of one myself in a weird way. :)

Its very nice thanks....very quiet, no-one wants to talk to you when your the white sheep of the family :D

shillelagh 20-04-2007 22:25

65 Rossendale, Lancs

I would have thought rossendale would have been higher than hyndburn!!!!

Checks karma waits to see how much i lose:D

Doug 20-04-2007 22:29

Why? Rossendale = Traditionally know as a township on the way out of Hyndburn.

SPUGGIE J 20-04-2007 22:30

How many times to PB vote on this? MAybe he has done some good for a change. :rolleyes:

Though the transport links to big urban areas without suffering their ills might be part of it.

Mancie 20-04-2007 22:32

answer my question... are BLACK families welcome in the Accrington?

cashman 20-04-2007 22:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mancie (Post 413288)
Fair enough.. what I'm really saying is that people should get in touch with reality... Accrington is really a nice safe town compared to most of the UK.. but for spuggie to question why people are not queing up for housing in Accrington is not real...how many black people live or have tried to live in Accrington.. I'm not talking about Asians.. black people.. why would any British born black family want set up home in an obviously racist town?

cant agree mancie,dont believe accy is obviously racist,sure theres racist gits everywhere, but the BNP/ex National Front have never got very far in anything here, cannot say the same for other towns, not a million miles from here. most folk i think are live n let live.

jackyalex 20-04-2007 22:34

and what do you mean by welcome most people dont welcome you wherever you move to weather whatever your race

MargaretR 20-04-2007 22:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by shillelagh (Post 413300)
65 Rossendale, Lancs

I would have thought rossendale would have been higher than hyndburn!!!!

In 1960- My father's comment when my brother started courting a girl from Waterfoot "They eat their young up there!"

slinky 20-04-2007 22:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mancie (Post 413304)

Why wouldn't they be welcome?? Like as been said before! Accy isn't generally a racist town. YES you will get racist's ... same goes anywhere, but not ALL are racist.:mad:

Doug 20-04-2007 22:41

Quote:

I don’t live in Accy, haven’t done for over 30 years, but as a regular visitor and a lover of observing people I’d have to say that people of any colour, race or culture are welcome.

Doug 20-04-2007 22:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected] (Post 413309)
In 1960- My father's comment when my brother started courting a girl from Waterfoot "They eat their young up there!"

Inbreeding was popular.....:D

MargaretR 20-04-2007 22:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doug (Post 413314)
Inbreeding was popular.....:D

I thought that was in Church - when I lived there everybody seemed to be related to each other :D

Doug 20-04-2007 22:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected] (Post 413318)
I thought that was in Church - when I lived there everybody seemed to be related to each other :D

Naughty, I can’t wait to meet you ****** lugs :D

MargaretR 20-04-2007 22:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doug (Post 413320)
Naughty, I can’t wait to meet you ****** lugs :D

Just looked at your profile picture - sure I've seen you somewhere before - dating website?

garinda 20-04-2007 22:51

Quote:

We've had the Drifters at Oswaldtwistle Civic Theatre.

MargaretR 20-04-2007 22:53

Garinda - you have butted in just when I thought I was getting chatted up!!

slinky 20-04-2007 22:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 413323)

OMG ROFLMAO!!! yeah see we can't be racist :D:D

garinda 20-04-2007 22:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected] (Post 413321)
Just looked at your profile picture - sure I've seen you somewhere before - dating website?

Maybe...just don't let on to Mrs Doug though.;)

MargaretR 20-04-2007 22:54

Oh well -had too many husbands of my own without bothering with anybody elses!!!!

PS sorry was off topic

Mancie 20-04-2007 23:00

Lets get things clear... I am a white Accringtonian that moved to London during the 80's Tory depression.. moved to London on the coach from Accy peel street with £5 in my pocket.. after a couple of months working casual got a job.. married a London born west indian girl... I did come home to Accy every couple of months and to be honest it felt like cheap beer and cheap pubs and clubs.. I came "home" with my wife and there was not any real problems.. but when I read some of the posts on this site I really do have to take into consideration the amout of racism I have seen... and I will give you some examples
these are the karma messeges I have been given..................

Shut up nig nogs get everything round here and us whites get nothing

Wake up the the coons will take over

garinda 20-04-2007 23:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mancie (Post 413332)
Lets get things clear... I am a white Accringtonian that moved to London during the 80's Tory depression.. moved to London on the coach from Accy peel street with £5 in my pocket.. after a couple of months working casual got a job.. married a London born west indian girl... I did come home to Accy every couple of months and to be honest it felt like cheap beer and cheap pubs and clubs.. I came "home" with my wife and there was not any real problems.. but when I read some of the posts on this site I really do have to take into consideration the amout of racism I have seen... and I will give you some examples
these are the karma messeges I have been given..................

Shut up nig nogs get everything round here and us whites get nothing

Wake up the the coons will take over

Was it positive or negative karma?

garinda 20-04-2007 23:06

Personally I've seen a lot less racism here in Hyndburn since moving back, compared to London, parts of which are like a tinder box.

Mancie 20-04-2007 23:06

Don't be silly neg

Mancie 20-04-2007 23:09

Hang on I'm not cryin.. I'm just stating an example of what comes across on this site.. the karma comments are real .

Mancie 20-04-2007 23:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 413336)
Personally I've seen a lot less racism here in Hyndburn since moving back, compared to London, parts of which are like a tinder box.

I disagree.. London is far more interragated .. I mean we understand each other more than you would get in Lancashire.. we have "learned" to live with each other... my problem with Accrington would be the idea of having a west indian family living next door to them .. AWW the shame!.. get real Accy

garinda 20-04-2007 23:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mancie (Post 413338)
Hang on I'm not cryin.. I'm just stating an example of what comes across on this site.. the karma comments are real .

Who said you were crying?

Abusive or offensive karma comments can always be reported to the mods.

By the way, my train passed your coach, when I was moving to London, just outside Hemel Hempstead. I'd have thought I was rich if I'd have had a fiver in my pocket. All I had was a sunny personality, and a dream in my heart.:D

garinda 20-04-2007 23:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mancie (Post 413340)
I disagree.. London is far more interragated .. I mean we understand each other more than you would get in Lancashire.. we have "learned" to live with each other... my problem with Accrington would be the idea of having a west indian family living next door to them .. AWW the shame!.. get real Accy

Well, we'll have to agree to disagree on our experiences in the big smoke. For me London was a less racially tolerant place than Hyndburn, parts of which you took your life in your hands if you made eye contact with someone who thought you shouldn't be in their Manor.

Mancie 20-04-2007 23:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 413341)
Who said you were crying?

Abusive or offensive karma comments can always be reported to the mods.

By the way, my train passed your coach, when I was moving to London, just outside Hemel Hempstead. I'd have thought I was rich if I'd have had a fiver in my pocket. All I had was a sunny personality, and a dream in my heart.:D

Hemel Hemstead? I wish.. I ended up in new cross!. Qeens road and got a "bed token" from the dhss.. but fair enough bruv .. hard times

garinda 20-04-2007 23:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mancie (Post 413345)
Hemel Hemstead? I wish.. I ended up in new cross!. Qeens road and got a "bed token" from the dhss.. but fair enough bruv .. hard times

It's nice to meet a Tory boy like you, who followed Tebbit's advice.

Coach/bike, whatever.

Jolly well done you.:D

Mancie 20-04-2007 23:25

Got to say I'm dissapionted .. no support from the local Accy webbers about my sob story.. but it just shows the racism that is an intergoral behind closed doors involvement of this web site

Mancie 20-04-2007 23:29

Strange thing about Hemstead garinda.. shop up the "high street" that sold amazing spud pies!

MargaretR 20-04-2007 23:31

In the 1940's a west Indian doctor lived on Hornby St. He was a rare sight, maybe the only negro in town. I never heard any racist comment about him. Come to think of it I dont recollect any racism heard against negroes who have come since him perhaps it's because they arent very numerous. There are some people who resent the large influx of asians which started when Idi Amin drove them out of Uganda. They really were coming in droves!!. At that time I was a social security visiting officer in Blackburn and spent 6 months putting no-one else but them 'on the books'. It did really seem like invasion and was bound to cause resentment. Vietnam refugees and Hungarian refugees - I've visited them all. It has been when they have arrived in volume that there has been some racism/resentment

garinda 20-04-2007 23:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mancie (Post 413351)
Got to say I'm dissapionted .. no support from the local Accy webbers about my sob story.. but it just shows the racism that is an intergoral behind closed doors involvement of this web site

Rubbish, there are Afro-Caribean people in Hyndburn, just not many. There are large black communities in Preston and Manchester. Historically the people who came to Hyndburn came to work in the mills here, many of whom had experience working in the textile industry.

Are we racist because there isn't a large Jewish community here?

Doug 20-04-2007 23:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected] (Post 413321)

You may well have Margaret Rothwell, but not on any web site. You might have baby sat me though.........:D

MargaretR 20-04-2007 23:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doug (Post 413355)
You may well have Margaret Rothwell, but not on any web site. You might have baby sat me though.........:D

LOL -cheeky :D

Mancie 20-04-2007 23:42

Now that is a very true comment margaret... so.. is the racism now pent up towards the asian,muslim population?.. I think so.. but the Accringtions in there flight of fancy viking posture seem to think everyone not of the same color as your local cheap cider drinking dole boy.. must be of an "non despcript" breed.. makes me laugh when you see some ill bred ,braindead. nucklehead numchuck shouting the odds at NP rallies

cashman 20-04-2007 23:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mancie (Post 413351)

think yer way off beam with this one mancie one of me best mates has a west indian missus n we love her to bits,

Doug 20-04-2007 23:45

Racism might well be alive in Accrington but I don’t think I’ve seen it on Accyweb. There are those who might have an opinion in respect of those from other parts of the world who come over and complain about rights and the like, but having an opinion isn’t necessarily being racist. Play fair and abide by the law and I don’t care what colour or culture you come from. Further more, white, black, Brown or any other colour you'll be welcome at my table as long as your not a frog.

Mancie 20-04-2007 23:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 413354)
Rubbish, there are Afro-Caribean people in Hyndburn, just not many. There are large black communities in Preston and Manchester. Historically the people who came to Hyndburn came to work in the mills here, many of whom had experience working in the textile industry.

Are we racist because there isn't a large Jewish community here?

Afro carribean people in Accrigton?... cor blimey have you got thier phone numbers?.. bull****.. were did you spot em?

Doug 20-04-2007 23:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mancie (Post 413360)
Afro carribean people in Accrigton?... cor blimey have you got thier phone numbers?.. bull****.. were did you spot em?

Arndale last Saturday.

Mancie 20-04-2007 23:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 413358)
think yer way off beam with this one mancie one of me best mates has a west indian missus n we love her to bits,

Nice one Cashy.. at the end of the day reasonable bods like yerself give blokes hope.

MargaretR 20-04-2007 23:51

I always preferred to visit asians rather than Irish tinkers - better hospitality offered.
There I go- will get some bad Karma for that one -just when I scored a few :(

Mancie 20-04-2007 23:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 413358)

I don't think I'm off... if anyone can be arsed to look at some posts on this site you will see blatant racism.. and OK i've seen it from some of the mods

MargaretR 20-04-2007 23:58

I'm off -will leave you boys at it - bye

cashman 21-04-2007 00:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mancie (Post 413360)

can understand you gettin the hump, with those karma comments,but put some salt n vinegar on that chip on yer shoulder.theres always been a few afro-carribeans in accy, was a guy on st james street,early 60s who was very well known n respected, was also a lady who had a cafe on union road at that time, there was fredas cafe which was nearer to our school, but everyone went in hers at dinner time. fredas cafe was english,by the way,but no-one used it.

cherokee 21-04-2007 00:04

An ethnic minority means there are less people of a certain background compared to other groups in a country's population.

Ethnic minorities make up 7.1% of the population in the UK. Of these, 24% are Indian, 17% Pakistani and 13% Black Caribbean. (these figures are from the Commission for Racial Equality)

People with different histories, cultures, beliefs and languages have been coming here for centuries. Nearly everyone who lives in Britain today is either an immigrant or the descendent of an immigrant. Most of us can probably trace the immigrants in our own families if we go back far enough.

Many people in ethnic minority communities are sons and daughters of people who have moved to the UK generations back

well i like where i live:D

Doug 21-04-2007 00:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 413368)
can understand you gettin the hump, with those karma comments,but put some salt n vinegar on that chip on yer shoulder.theres always been a few afro-carribeans in accy, was a guy on st james street,early 60s who was very well known n respected, was also a lady who had a cafe on union road at that time, there was fredas cafe which was nearer to our school, but everyone went in hers at dinner time. fredas cafe was english,by the way,but no-one used it.

Their was a nice chap and family friend that worked on the Buses in the mid 60s who was Afro Carrabean always welcome and alway made others feel welcome

Mancie 21-04-2007 00:12

Hang on Cashy.. the comments I got where from I suppose bona fid Accwebbers.. large amounts of karma.. these people are humpted with great Accyweb rep...

Doug 21-04-2007 00:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherokee (Post 413371)
well i like where i live:D

:eek: Why...............:D :D :D

cherokee 21-04-2007 00:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doug (Post 413378)
:eek: Why...............:D :D :D

because its washed in DAZ which keeps whites even whiter pmsl!!!!:D;) :eek: :D

Doug 21-04-2007 00:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherokee (Post 413380)
because its washed in DAZ which keeps whites even whiter pmsl!!!!:D

I hate Daz, My grandmother (the Blackpool one) made me bath in it, she said I was a dirty little ****** and had Tide Marks round my neck.... and muttered something about me being from Accrington....:) ;) :D

cherokee 21-04-2007 00:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doug (Post 413382)
I hate Daz, My grandmother (the Blackpool one) made me bath in it, she said I was a dirty little ****** and had Tide Marks round my neck.... and muttered something about me being from Accrington....:) ;) :D

ewwwwww:eek: did no one tell her that soap got rid of the tidemarks just as well....:D

WillowTheWhisp 21-04-2007 01:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mancie (Post 413377)
Hang on Cashy.. the comments I got where from I suppose bona fid Accwebbers.. large amounts of karma.. these people are humpted with great Accyweb rep... wankers

Well I'm an AccyWebber with the power to add or deduct large lumps of karma but I'm more likely to deduct it from someone who is being racist.

I was actually accused on here of being racist because I stated that I have friends of different colours and ethic origins and regard them all as equal human beings. I was misquoted and then vilified.

There used to be a shop in Whalley Road owned by a West Indian friend of mine who was a dressmaker. She got plenty of business from white people. They didn't boycott her shop or shun her because she's black. She moved away from Accy but only to be close to her daughter who got a job elsewhere.

You will find the odd racist on AccyWeb just as you will find them anywhere but that doesn't make the whole of AccyWeb racist or the whole of Accrington.

You will find negative posts against certain groups of people such as the travellers who camped on Aldi car park and left their rubbish behind and used the supermarket wall as a loo but that is not racism that is disgust at their behaviour which is an affront to the rest of the inhabitants of the borough.

Has your wife experienced racist attacks or comments here in Accrington?

Eric 21-04-2007 01:24

Methinks everyone protesteth too much.

Mancie 21-04-2007 01:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp (Post 413386)

Has your wife experienced racist attacks or comments here in Accrington?

No willow she has not.. but I have have recieved comments of course more in jest than anything and no harm meant... but why do I find myself having to even state to forum that my wife is black.. am I paraniond?.. no.. it's because I have read racist comments from members ,racist comments from the administrators and from the moderators of this site!

Lets see the karma comments again
shut up the nig nogs get everything round here
wake up! the coons are taking over.

nice.. and the 1st comment was very early in the morning when only myself. a mod, and one other where on the site.

WillowTheWhisp 21-04-2007 08:09

I was under the impression that racism was so not permitted on this site that once when someone used a perceived racist word, not with any racist intent but merely as a way of identifying a group of school children who were being criticised by the media because they had been permitted to converse in their native language in order to clarify a point as some were less fluent in English than others, that person was severely reprimanded despite the fact that he had been defending the children's right to understand the lesson.

If you find anything which someone else says on here to be offensive or objectionable then you should report it to the moderators. If you find the moderator to be breaking site rules as you say then you should draw that to their attention.

I have seen instances when some members come out with the old chestnut that immigrants (whatever the current flavour of the month the nationality may be) just come here to this country and get benefits and houses etc which those born here (of whatever creed or colour) are unable to get - and I've seen others point out what absolute nonsense they are talking.

Yesterday someone used the term 'negro' without meaning to be offensive. That was once an accepted term which people didn't use as an insult but it is now classed as racist. You have used the word 'black'. Others regard that as racist and prefer the term 'people of colour' and yet the phrase 'coloured person' is also deemed to be offensive. Well I'm a coloured person. I'm pale pink. Pink is a colour. I have yet to see a black or white person. I've seen some very dark brown people and some very pale beige/pink people but if you analyse skin tones as an artist even white people are a shade of brown.

I find it ironic that people I know with brown skins use a cream to lighten them and people I know with pale kins use a fake tan to darken them. Similarly my daughter who has naturally curly hair straightens hers and the other one who has straight hair uses curling tongues. Maybe none of us are ever happy with who we are and what we are. I'd love to have thicker hair and not to look like a cross between a boiled lobster and an overripe tomato in the summer but I just have to live with the fact that I take after my dad not my Mum.

People do tend to be suspicious of in-comers. Sometimes even to the extent of excluding people from the next village. When my Dad married my Mum he was regarded as an outsider for years because he wasn't born in the village. Busman gets stick for being a southerner and a friend of mine from Yorkshire is forever on the receiving end of 'racist' comments.

I'm pleased to hear that your wife has never been subject to racist abuse here in Accrington. Perhaps then it isn't as bad here as you first made me fear.

slinky 21-04-2007 16:26

I'm sure this thread wasn't here to made into a racist slanging match??

Mancie you sound like you have a real big problem. Now is the problem REAL or is it just that you're paranoid??

I would rather live next door to an ASIAN, Black person etc.. than a bloody Drug dealer or group of A.S.B.O drunkards, and I think quite a few people would agree with me on that.

You have stated that ACCYWEB is a Racist forum?? everyone is entitled to their views. Like you calling people WANKERS!! why did you feel the need to call people that??

Do you just read the racist comments?? or do you read the nice things people say??

And last but not least......There is a report button for anything on here that you think is out of order!! USE IT

Eric 21-04-2007 20:28

That everyone who disagrees is a ******? Just a stab in the dark.

And completely off topic: the top three cities in Canada are (drum roll) Victoria BC, Halifax NS, and (more drums) Kingston ON.

ANNE 21-04-2007 22:33

Mancie My best friend was Afro caribbean. Black has you call it. I loved her and her Family to bits.
Most of her Family lived in London and it was her dearest wish to go and lived there.
She died just a couple of month's after her 21st Birthday. I still miss her dearly.
Granted this was when we lived in Preston.
But someone isn't automatically a racist because they have moved.
In my opinion from what I have read it seems to me that it's you that has a problem.
I for one most certainly wouldn't mind living next door to them.

panther 22-04-2007 07:30

mancie why do you keep calling everyone 'wankers'??
thats not very nice!!

there will always be racists out there, and i dont just mean white attacking black, it does happen the other way round as well!!

garinda 12-01-2010 01:28

I wonder if Hyndburn is till the 18th best place to live in Britain in 2010?

http://www.accringtonobserver.co.uk/...in_top_20_list

:rolleyes::D

garinda 12-01-2010 01:31

Originally Posted by Mancie http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/s...s/viewpost.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 413323)

Is it wrong to laugh at your own jokes, three years on?

Lock me up, and throw away the key.

:p:D:p

Neil 12-01-2010 01:32

That link does not work for me Gary

garinda 12-01-2010 01:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 777690)

:confused:

It works for me.

Perhaps you can't access it because you grew up in the Ribble Valley, which is at a different position in the chart of desirability.

;)

Neil 12-01-2010 01:36

I am almost in Liverpool

garinda 12-01-2010 01:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 777690)

Uncle Mick gave the link to the story in the Mirror, though the Observer link should also work.

BEST AND WORST PLACES TO BRING UP KIDS - mirror.co.uk

Though this quote in the Observer seems an odd boast.

Hyndburn MP Greg Pope said: "I am delighted that people are beginning to recognise what a great place Hyndburn is. I have been saying this in London for ages. We have low unemployment and high unemployment and that is something we should be proud of.
Hyndburn voted in top 20 list - News - Accrington Observer

:D

garinda 12-01-2010 01:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 777692)
I am almost in Liverpool

That could explain it.

Hold a wire coat hanger out of an open window, and try the link again.

Though keep a close eye on the coat hanger, as being so near to Liverpool, it might be on it's way to a scrapyard before you can say 'wooly back git, nickin' our jobs'.

Neil 12-01-2010 02:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 777694)
before you can say 'wooly back git, nickin' our jobs'.

One of the local lads explained perfectly how come so many of us come a long way to work here.

Non of the scousers want a job :rolleyes::D

accyman 12-01-2010 03:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J (Post 413265)
Not convinced about the ranking. If it is so good why isnt there a flood of people desperately try to set up a home in Hyndburn or am I missing something

there is they are called poles :)

DaveinGermany 12-01-2010 18:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 777692)
I am almost in Liverpool

Your point ?? :D

DaveinGermany 12-01-2010 18:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 777694)
That could explain it.

Hold a wire coat hanger out of an open window, and try the link again.

Though keep a close eye on the coat hanger, as being so near to Liverpool, it might be on it's way to a scrapyard before you can say 'wooly back git, nickin' our jobs'.

Try that and see how quick you lose the hanger & yer watch !!

DaveinGermany 12-01-2010 18:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 777698)
One of the local lads explained perfectly how come so many of us come a long way to work here.

Non of the scousers want a job :rolleyes::D

We do ! but no heavy lifting, long hours, or hard work !! :) then you woolies come in & run us down, bloody cheek !! :D

DaveinGermany 12-01-2010 18:47

Just in case you've not noticed, I am one of the accused !! :cool: