Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-04-2007, 19:00   #1
Full Member+

Hyndburn lovely...Official

A recent survey by Readers Digest has named Hyndburn the 18th best place to raise your family in the UK.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topstor...name_page.html
Old 20-04-2007, 19:27   #2
God Member

Re: Hyndburn lovely...Official

123 Braintree, Essex

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2007, 19:44   #3
Resident Waffler

How come if people prefer the coast the first coastal location is at 13 - Poole, Dorset. I'd have expected Lancaster to be higher.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2007, 20:35   #4
God Member

me thinks someone is extracting the urine

78 Gateshead <<<<<<<<<< yeah reet
Old 20-04-2007, 21:02   #5
God Member

Hyndburn 18th best place!.. that's pretty good going.. but I don't suppose it will stop the constant moaning about how Accy is a bad place to live from some members.. whining about people parking on pavements or other such heinous crimes ... if you don't like Accy why not move to a lovely inner city flat and try your luck dodging bullets?
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2007, 21:12   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

i would think that table speaks volumes for the people of the higher placed ones,also volumes for Down south.
Old 20-04-2007, 21:15   #7
Give, give, give member

The results are probably based on the number of people who returned the lucky envelope, which contained their unique numbers, to see if they'd won the no obligation prize of £100,000.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2007, 21:46   #8
God Member

Not convinced about the ranking. If it is so good why isnt there a flood of people desperately try to set up a home in Hyndburn or am I missing something especially as its miles ahead of Blackburn with Darwen? The rank for Falkirk above Stirling makes sense to me and the top 2 are Yuppie heaven along with West Lothian.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2007, 21:59   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J View Post
Not convinced about the ranking. If it is so good why isnt there a flood of people desperately try to set up a home in Hyndburn or am I missing something especially as its miles ahead of Blackburn with Darwen? The rank for Falkirk above Stirling makes sense to me and the top 2 are Yuppie heaven along with West Lothian.
There maybe some people trying to set up a home in Accrington.. but it's sometimes obvious that the "locals" don't take to kindly to "outsiders" moving into Accrington.. judging by some of the posts on here you are welcome in Accy if you are.. lets say white!
Old 20-04-2007, 22:07   #10
Resident Waffler

Oh don't be silly Mancie, in the area of Accy where I live I'm white and an ethnic minority!

Old 20-04-2007, 22:09   #11
Senior Member+

well i live in the 166th place,thats bad to say its in the middle of the beautiful countryside with next to no crime,i dont think that survey is right
jackyalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2007, 22:10   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
Oh don't be silly Mancie, in the area of Accy where I live I'm white and an ethnic minority!
where r u willow?
jackyalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2007, 22:13   #13
Resident Waffler

Central Ward and the official figures were quoted in another thread.

Old 20-04-2007, 22:17   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
Fair enough.. what I'm really saying is that people should get in touch with reality... Accrington is really a nice safe town compared to most of the UK.. but for spuggie to question why people are not queing up for housing in Accrington is not real...how many black people live or have tried to live in Accrington.. I'm not talking about Asians.. black people.. why would any British born black family want set up home in an obviously racist town?
Old 20-04-2007, 22:17   #15
Member.

I gave up looking for Blackpool when I passed 100. I see Pendle came in at 90and Dingleborough came 141st (no wonder you left Dave). feel sorry for those poor ba**ards in Blackburn........

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..