Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Hyndburn lovely...Official (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/hyndburn-lovely-official-30139.html)

Uncle Mick 20-04-2007 19:00

Hyndburn lovely...Official

A recent survey by Readers Digest has named Hyndburn the 18th best place to raise your family in the UK.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topstor...name_page.html

slinky 20-04-2007 19:27

Re: Hyndburn lovely...Official

123 Braintree, Essex :rofl38::rofl38::rofl38:

WillowTheWhisp 20-04-2007 19:44

How come if people prefer the coast the first coastal location is at 13 - Poole, Dorset. I'd have expected Lancaster to be higher.

flashy 20-04-2007 20:35

me thinks someone is extracting the urine

78 Gateshead <<<<<<<<<< yeah reet

Mancie 20-04-2007 21:02

Hyndburn 18th best place!.. that's pretty good going.. but I don't suppose it will stop the constant moaning about how Accy is a bad place to live from some members.. whining about people parking on pavements or other such heinous crimes ... if you don't like Accy why not move to a lovely inner city flat and try your luck dodging bullets?

cashman 20-04-2007 21:12

i would think that table speaks volumes for the people of the higher placed ones,also volumes for Down south.;) :D

garinda 20-04-2007 21:15

The results are probably based on the number of people who returned the lucky envelope, which contained their unique numbers, to see if they'd won the no obligation prize of £100,000.:D

SPUGGIE J 20-04-2007 21:46

Not convinced about the ranking. If it is so good why isnt there a flood of people desperately try to set up a home in Hyndburn or am I missing something especially as its miles ahead of Blackburn with Darwen? The rank for Falkirk above Stirling makes sense to me and the top 2 are Yuppie heaven along with West Lothian.

Mancie 20-04-2007 21:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J (Post 413265)
Not convinced about the ranking. If it is so good why isnt there a flood of people desperately try to set up a home in Hyndburn or am I missing something especially as its miles ahead of Blackburn with Darwen? The rank for Falkirk above Stirling makes sense to me and the top 2 are Yuppie heaven along with West Lothian.

There maybe some people trying to set up a home in Accrington.. but it's sometimes obvious that the "locals" don't take to kindly to "outsiders" moving into Accrington.. judging by some of the posts on here you are welcome in Accy if you are.. lets say white!

WillowTheWhisp 20-04-2007 22:07

Oh don't be silly Mancie, in the area of Accy where I live I'm white and an ethnic minority!

jackyalex 20-04-2007 22:09

well i live in the 166th place,thats bad to say its in the middle of the beautiful countryside with next to no crime,i dont think that survey is right

jackyalex 20-04-2007 22:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp (Post 413279)
Oh don't be silly Mancie, in the area of Accy where I live I'm white and an ethnic minority!

where r u willow?

WillowTheWhisp 20-04-2007 22:13

Central Ward and the official figures were quoted in another thread.

Mancie 20-04-2007 22:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp (Post 413279)

Fair enough.. what I'm really saying is that people should get in touch with reality... Accrington is really a nice safe town compared to most of the UK.. but for spuggie to question why people are not queing up for housing in Accrington is not real...how many black people live or have tried to live in Accrington.. I'm not talking about Asians.. black people.. why would any British born black family want set up home in an obviously racist town?

Doug 20-04-2007 22:17

I gave up looking for Blackpool when I passed 100. I see Pendle came in at 90and Dingleborough came 141st (no wonder you left Dave). feel sorry for those poor ba**ards in Blackburn........:D