Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   postman sacked???????? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/postman-sacked-31008.html)

panther 25-05-2007 08:43

postman sacked????????

seen in the headlines of todays telegraph but didnt buy because i hadnt enough cash on me:( ...about a postman being sacked for mimicking a asian accent!!!!!!
i dont know the full story, wonder if anyone else does??

SPUGGIE J 25-05-2007 08:59

Re: postman sacked????????

Cant see owt on the online version but if this happened then we have deff gone to the dogs in this country.

panther 25-05-2007 09:02

was thinking that meself, you have got to ask yourself....
would this have happened if he was doing a scottish, scouse, welsh or brummie accent????
I DONT THINK SO!!

garinda 25-05-2007 09:21

Can't see any such story on their website.

Even did a search using postman, and no similar stories came up.:confused:

lancsdave 25-05-2007 09:25

It's the front page story in the Telegraph. I was trying to read it when was in the shop as I refuse to buy it :D

WillowTheWhisp 25-05-2007 10:36

I did a Brummie accent in the vets last night - what will become of me?

SPUGGIE J 25-05-2007 10:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by panther (Post 428936)
was thinking that meself, you have got to ask yourself....
would this have happened if he was doing a scottish, scouse, welsh or brummie accent????
I DONT THINK SO!!

Would this mean that everyone that rips me at work I could get them sacked? This is setting a bad example and could lead to more getting lost through thisand through shear spite.

Less 25-05-2007 11:01

I was at a taxi rank and a group of drivers (all Asian), were extracting the whatsit from another taxi driver, (also Asian), they were all putting on heavy accents and laughing, when I was being taken home the driver was speaking with a lancashire accent so I asked him what had been going on, he told me that the other bloke had only just arrived from pakistan and they had been making fun of his accent and his habits.

So is it alright for these men to make fun of each other or should the taxi drivers all be sacked?
:confused:

garinda 25-05-2007 11:34

Perhaps Ben Kingsley will be charged, and have his Oscar taken away, after impersonating Ghandi.:D

Neil 25-05-2007 11:45

Oh deary deary me what a way to lose your job

garinda 25-05-2007 12:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 428990)
Oh deary deary me what a way to lose your job

That doesn't really work in print, unless you're old enough to remember Mind Your Languae and It Ain't Half Hot Mum.:p

SPUGGIE J 25-05-2007 12:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 428976)
I was at a taxi rank and a group of drivers (all Asian), were extracting the whatsit from another taxi driver, (also Asian), they were all putting on heavy accents and laughing, when I was being taken home the driver was speaking with a lancashire accent so I asked him what had been going on, he told me that the other bloke had only just arrived from pakistan and they had been making fun of his accent and his habits.

So is it alright for these men to make fun of each other or should the taxi drivers all be sacked?
:confused:

Maybe the race card was played hence his sacking. As for the taxi drivers they could suffer the same fate if they were born in England they are English. The target drive was born in Pakistan so they are being racist.

lancsdave 25-05-2007 12:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 428976)
he told me that the other bloke had only just arrived from pakistan

Yet another well qualified taxi driver then :confused:

WillowTheWhisp 25-05-2007 12:52

Was it just the accent or what he said in that accent which led to him being sacked?

magpie 25-05-2007 14:12

if only I could afford to sell up and move abroad.... sick of this stupid country and its even more stupid rules....