Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Cashpoint Problem At Asda (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/cashpoint-problem-at-asda-31221.html)

maxwell silver 06-06-2007 07:52

Cashpoint Problem At Asda

Up with the sparras again this morn so,being a bit short of readies,i decided to take a stroll to my nearest cashpoint at Asda.On drawing said cash from ATM i felt this sudden impulse to enter the store itself & just have a wander round,just to kill time.However,imagine my horror when the oddest assortment of merchandise imagiable started fling off the shelves & into a green basket that had somehow linked itself to my hand.Tins of tuna,denim jacket,greeting cards,milk,stanley knife,pilchards & at one time a floor mop(thankfully my resistance was too great for this).This is'nt the first time this has happened at Asda when i've used their ATM but strangely it only seems to happen in the early morning when the store is near empty,never when it's busy.Needless to say i had to draw some more money on my way out:(,but funnily i did'nt seemed to be drawn back into their store.It's as if the ATM & Asda knew that they had done what they had to do & i was no longer of any use.....until next time:eek:

Ianto.W. 06-06-2007 10:52

Re: Cashpoint Problem At Asda

My wife invited me to accompany her to ASDA last week, never ever again will I go anywhere near the place, it cost me £76 quid and the cheeky assistant asked the wife if she would like any cash whilst my card was in.:mad:

Kitkat 06-06-2007 11:09

Hope she said "yes please I'll have £50"

Ianto.W. 06-06-2007 11:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitkat (Post 432547)
Hope she said "yes please I'll have £50"

The card was out before she could open her mouth, no way will I ever go anywhere near that or any other shop with her again, I never used to do it I think i'm going a bit senile in my old age, no doubt I will be duly informed shortly.:D;)

entwisi 06-06-2007 12:34

Thankfully when they 'revamped' ASDA they made such a mess of it I will only go there when I absolutely must. I also tend to not carry cash on me as I tend to spend whats in my pocket, if there is nowt there I don't miss it.

panther 06-06-2007 12:37

just been there myself...............never again!!
just spent £50, and still forgot half me stuff, too many people knocking into me, come close to walking out the ruddy thing

accymel 06-06-2007 12:42

See thank god its not just me that has pennies disappearing - missing the bargains in the grand asda curse then:rolleyes:

Gayle 06-06-2007 13:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by entwisi (Post 432571)
Thankfully when they 'revamped' ASDA they made such a mess of it I will only go there when I absolutely must. I also tend to not carry cash on me as I tend to spend whats in my pocket, if there is nowt there I don't miss it.

I'm with you on this. They made such a mess of the store and the car park that I no longer go there and buy all my groceries online (sometimes from Tesco :eek:) - it's saved me a fortune. :D

cashman 06-06-2007 13:24

i also only go there for odd things i.e. the wine we like, agree with entwi n gayle, its a disaster.:p

entwisi 06-06-2007 13:51

I don't know about anyone else but I spend a significantly lower amount when I do the shopping online. Just goes to show how 'good' the marketing of stuff is in Supermarkets. Online I tend to just order the things we need.

mrjdallen 12-07-2007 10:17

i tend to spend more than i can afford due to the meat reductions

Less 12-07-2007 11:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrjdallen (Post 447585)
i tend to spend more than i can afford due to the meat reductions

Well that's obvious if they reduce the portions the more you have to spend to get the amount you want!
:)

mrjdallen 12-07-2007 11:30

true - they sell meet at reduced prices about 6pm every night - saves me buying them at full price

panther 12-07-2007 11:32

look at the dates!!!
i bought some stuff at reduced prices and silly me never looked at the date, one item was 2 days out!!

SPUGGIE J 12-07-2007 11:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by panther (Post 447626)
look at the dates!!!
i bought some stuff at reduced prices and silly me never looked at the date, one item was 2 days out!!

I always do esp since its not that long ago that several supermarkets Asda include got a doing for seriously out of date food stuffs.