Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2007, 07:52   #1
Senior Member+

Cashpoint Problem At Asda

Up with the sparras again this morn so,being a bit short of readies,i decided to take a stroll to my nearest cashpoint at Asda.On drawing said cash from ATM i felt this sudden impulse to enter the store itself & just have a wander round,just to kill time.However,imagine my horror when the oddest assortment of merchandise imagiable started fling off the shelves & into a green basket that had somehow linked itself to my hand.Tins of tuna,denim jacket,greeting cards,milk,stanley knife,pilchards & at one time a floor mop(thankfully my resistance was too great for this).This is'nt the first time this has happened at Asda when i've used their ATM but strangely it only seems to happen in the early morning when the store is near empty,never when it's busy.Needless to say i had to draw some more money on my way out,but funnily i did'nt seemed to be drawn back into their store.It's as if the ATM & Asda knew that they had done what they had to do & i was no longer of any use.....until next time
Old 06-06-2007, 10:52   #2
Resting in peace

Re: Cashpoint Problem At Asda

My wife invited me to accompany her to ASDA last week, never ever again will I go anywhere near the place, it cost me £76 quid and the cheeky assistant asked the wife if she would like any cash whilst my card was in.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 11:09   #3

Hope she said "yes please I'll have £50"
Kitkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 11:36   #4
Resting in peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitkat View Post
Hope she said "yes please I'll have £50"
The card was out before she could open her mouth, no way will I ever go anywhere near that or any other shop with her again, I never used to do it I think i'm going a bit senile in my old age, no doubt I will be duly informed shortly.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 12:34   #5
God Member

Thankfully when they 'revamped' ASDA they made such a mess of it I will only go there when I absolutely must. I also tend to not carry cash on me as I tend to spend whats in my pocket, if there is nowt there I don't miss it.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 12:37   #6
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

just been there myself...............never again!!
just spent £50, and still forgot half me stuff, too many people knocking into me, come close to walking out the ruddy thing
Old 06-06-2007, 12:42   #7
I am Banned

See thank god its not just me that has pennies disappearing - missing the bargains in the grand asda curse then
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 13:17   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
Thankfully when they 'revamped' ASDA they made such a mess of it I will only go there when I absolutely must. I also tend to not carry cash on me as I tend to spend whats in my pocket, if there is nowt there I don't miss it.

I'm with you on this. They made such a mess of the store and the car park that I no longer go there and buy all my groceries online (sometimes from Tesco ) - it's saved me a fortune.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 13:24   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

i also only go there for odd things i.e. the wine we like, agree with entwi n gayle, its a disaster.
Old 06-06-2007, 13:51   #10
God Member

I don't know about anyone else but I spend a significantly lower amount when I do the shopping online. Just goes to show how 'good' the marketing of stuff is in Supermarkets. Online I tend to just order the things we need.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 10:17   #11

i tend to spend more than i can afford due to the meat reductions
mrjdallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 11:00   #12
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjdallen View Post
i tend to spend more than i can afford due to the meat reductions
Well that's obvious if they reduce the portions the more you have to spend to get the amount you want!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 11:30   #13

true - they sell meet at reduced prices about 6pm every night - saves me buying them at full price
mrjdallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 11:32   #14
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

look at the dates!!!
i bought some stuff at reduced prices and silly me never looked at the date, one item was 2 days out!!
Old 12-07-2007, 11:36   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
look at the dates!!!
i bought some stuff at reduced prices and silly me never looked at the date, one item was 2 days out!!
I always do esp since its not that long ago that several supermarkets Asda include got a doing for seriously out of date food stuffs.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..