Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2007, 19:53   #1
Beacon of light

40 years.

So the 21/7 bombers were found guilty....and sentenced to 40 years in jail.
I will probably be shot down in flames for saying this...but do you think that we, the tax payer should fund their lives in prison for the next 40 years....bearing in mind, that we will also probably be picking up the social welfare costs for the families of these would-be murderers.
OK......I know their families haven't done anything wrong (allegedly) but shouldn't they have considered this before they hooked up to Al Qaeda?
Would it not be better to revoke the passports and visas of these people and ship them back to their country of origin and let them take their chances in the jails there?
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-07-2007, 20:08   #2
God Member

Re: 40 years.

Ship em to a middle east jail for forty years. Sadley though A/Q might spring em anyway. Send em to Peterhead Prison its the best place I can think for them.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 20:38   #3
Resident Waffler

If they were deported wouldn't they be greeted as heroes?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 20:47   #4
Beacon of light

Whether they would or not, they would no longer be a burden on the tax payer........and if they were to be jailed in their own countries, I am sure they would have a tougher life......one of these guys sought asylum from Somalia and another one was from Eritrea.....both of these countries have been scarred by war and famine......they come here and sponge off the British population and then they plot to blow their host country up.
I am not too bothered where they go......as long as they don't let them back in again.
Old 11-07-2007, 20:48   #5
Passed away 25-11-09

I totally agree with you, Margaret. They want us all dead but we have to support them and their families. There's something very wrong there.

What irks me most is that they, and all prisoners these days, are deprived of their freedom but not much else. Instead of keeping them locked up with only the telly and various recreations, studies etc. at their disposal, they should be made to work - on chain gangs if necessary. Make them earn their keep, in prison, and earn enough to keep their families too. If they don't work - they don't eat.
Old 11-07-2007, 20:55   #6
Beacon of light

Well my opinion of the sentences is that they do not get what they deserve.

It appears to me that in prison, although deprived of their freedom, and maybe made to spend long periods of time in their cells, they have no worries about how they are going to pay for their heating, lighting or food....they will have the opportunites to study........even to do a degree if that is what they want (you and me would have to pay something in the region os £3000/year if we wanted to do that) they will have their medical needsand dental needs sorted......not for them the trail around to find a dentist on the NHS....they will have the freedom to worship,and their religious needs will be catered for.
In short, they will be treated better than a lot of our old age pensioners who fought in wars to ensure that these reprobates had the freedom to try to annihilate us
Old 11-07-2007, 20:58   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Totally agree, though doubt the human rights brigade would, what these fools forget is the human rights of the peaceful population,hardworking and peaceful immigrants, seem to bear the brunt of what these lunatics do,in the way of mistrust and anger,so i cant imagine those people being too bothered about this?
Old 11-07-2007, 21:03   #8
Beacon of light

the other thing that needs to be borne in mind is that while these guys are incarcerated in prison, they still have access to the hearts and minds of other young muslim men......what is to stop them radicalising these young men? So that when they are released from prison, they can carry on the work of the failed bombers. It is like cutting the head off the Hydra....cut one off and another seven grow.
Old 11-07-2007, 21:05   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
If they were deported wouldn't they be greeted as heroes?
Would they though as suicide bombers are ment to die with their intendid victims? The way the system works here they could be released early dispite what the judge and Mr n Mrs Public and their children want. It should be a case of no min sentance and they should be allowed to die there. Then that throws up a weed or two as someone would claim it is inhumane and they could be reabilitated. A very very tightly packed minefield this one.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 21:10   #10
Beacon of light

I don't believe there is any chance of rehabilitating a suicide bomber.
I think that in their case life must mean to the end of their natural lives....though there doubtless will be some human rights lawyer who will fight for them to get paroled.
Old 11-07-2007, 21:12   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I will probably be shot down in flames for saying this...but do you think that we, the tax payer should fund their lives in prison for the next 40 years....bearing in mind, that we will also probably be picking up the social welfare costs for the families of these would-be murderers.
OK......I know their families haven't done anything wrong (allegedly) but shouldn't they have considered this before they hooked up to Al Qaeda?
Would it not be better to revoke the passports and visas of these people and ship them back to their country of origin and let them take their chances in the jails there?
well got to say you are spot on with this
Old 11-07-2007, 21:15   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Sorry ... don't agree. Don't become like them; if you do then, in a sense, they have won. They have put themselves beyond humanity; I think that it is a mistake to join them. One of the more frustrating things about living in a democracy, under the rule of law, is that one has, fom time to time, to swallow the urge for vengence. "I will probably be shot down in flames for saying this."
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 21:17   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Sorry ... don't agree. Don't become like them; if you do then, in a sense, they have won. They have put themselves beyond humanity; I think that it is a mistake to join them. One of the more frustrating things about living in a democracy, under the rule of law, is that one has, fom time to time, to swallow the urge for vengence. "I will probably be shot down in flames for saying this."
ya may think again if they kick off in canada eric?
Old 11-07-2007, 21:26   #14
Passed away 25-11-09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
What would you have us do? Pat them on the head and tell them not to do it again?

To quote the Bible, "If thine eye offends thee, pluck it out."
Old 11-07-2007, 21:27   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
ya may think again if they kick off in canada eric?
Yup ... I know what you mean ... but I do hope that it wouldn't change my opinion ... scary thing is I'm not sure. The closest thing we have had is the Air India bombing that took place in the 80s. But I still believe that facing this kind of attack one has to hold the moral high ground. And I did think about your point as I was typing my response.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..