Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Town Centre Planters (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/town-centre-planters-31408.html)

Margaret Pilkington 19-06-2007 16:37

Re: Town Centre Planters

When I went into town early yesterday morning, the planters outside Boots had had many of the plants ripped out of the planter and thrown on the floor...there was also a fine assortment of rubbish where the plants should have been......in the planter.
Today there was a council workman replacing the vandalised plants.

WillowTheWhisp 19-06-2007 16:39

:mad: Why can't they leave things alone?! The vandals I mean, not the council workers.

Lilly 19-06-2007 16:42

Frustrating isn't it? Mindless vandalism.:mad:

Margaret Pilkington 19-06-2007 16:42

Because these people cannot abide to see something that will brighten up the lives of the rest of us....they must have deprived backgounds and feel that we should be deprived too......OK...I'll get off the soapbox now and give someone else a chance.

mani 19-06-2007 16:43

they do need a spray paint or something

***Mr D*** 19-06-2007 16:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 437354)
When I went into town early yesterday morning, the planters outside Boots had had many of the plants ripped out of the planter and thrown on the floor...there was also a fine assortment of rubbish where the plants should have been......in the planter.

Sad to say this.

But Im not supprised. CCTV?

katex 19-06-2007 19:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 437354)

Good .. keep replacing them over and over again, but heavy fines for anyone committing just a dastardly act, PEOPLE OF ACCY UNITE AND REPORT ANY SUCH GOINGS ON .. :mad:

Think the ones in Clayton have now grown a little and are looking much more colourful ....:D

lindsay ormerod 19-06-2007 19:29

We at Boots are onto the little scrote who did the mindless act of vandalism ! We know who you are ! We have great cctv footage of your face as you threw the plants into our doorway and we have passed it onto the police ! Oh and btw have you nothing better to do at 3:23 am on a sunday morning ???

katex 19-06-2007 19:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod (Post 437711)
We at Boots are onto the little scrote who did the mindless act of vandalism ! We know who you are ! We have great cctv footage of your face as you threw the plants into our doorway and we have passed it onto the police ! Oh and btw have you nothing better to do at 3:23 am on a sunday morning ???

Excellent .. let's hope there will be a result.

Hope the council will pressurise the police in taking some sort of action !

Gayle 19-06-2007 20:20

Another one has mysteriously appeared at the bottom of Rhyddings St. I'm still hoping someone comes along and positions them a little more artistically.

Again - A for effort, E for execution

WillowTheWhisp 19-06-2007 20:21

Oh nice one Lindsay. :)

Margaret Pilkington 19-06-2007 21:15

Quote:

I'm really pleased to hear that Lindsay....when they catch the person repsonsible he should be chained to the planter and we should be able to pelt him with conny muck....any that missed would do the plants good.

katex 19-06-2007 21:17

Quote:

Hey, will they be able to put it in that new thingy in the Observer where they show a picture from CCTV of the perpetrator for identification .. know not as serious crime as others, well, sort of, isn't it. Sure they will get lots of reactions.

Margaret, what's conny muck ?

Margaret Pilkington 19-06-2007 21:24

horse feathers.....manure, fertilizer...sh.....you know the stuff you put on rhubarb to make it grow.
Katex, I can't believe you've never heard it called conny muck

katex 19-06-2007 21:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 437795)
horse feathers.....manure, fertilizer...sh.....you know the stuff you put on rhubarb to make it grow.
Katex, I can't believe you've never heard it called conny muck

Actually no, probaby 'cause never had a garden when I was young, so know very little about the sh..'s of this world (well, fertilizer types anyway) ... :D