Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   blackburn market (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/blackburn-market-31552.html)

mez 20-06-2007 14:06

blackburn market

ive just come back from b/burn market ...it seems its to get the same fate as accy market ..........t.j.hughes is closing in september as are a couple of more shops on the same stretch, the bottom of t.g.hughes & such shops will then me made into the new market in the lower half & basement with room for about 80 stalls the upper part will be taken over by primark.....i noticed that textile direct & the shop across from it & the health rack are closing down too ...........wonder what they are going to do with the market hall then?......i forgot to ask the friendly butcher who told me.

KIPAX 20-06-2007 14:09

Re: blackburn market

Hmm we like our little trip to blackburn market midweek. I salmon butty from the chicken stall (I know) and a tasty glass of home made sasperella to wash it down from the home brew stall.. Always have a wander around tj H as well.. oh dear.. i supose change is change but.,..

Royboy39 20-06-2007 14:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by mez (Post 438198)
ive just come back from b/burn market ...it seems its to get the same fate as accy market ..........t.j.hughes is closing in september as are a couple of more shops on the same stretch, the bottom of t.g.hughes & such shops will then me made into the new market in the lower half & basement with room for about 80 stalls the upper part will be taken over by primark.....i noticed that textile direct & the shop across from it & the health rack are closing down too ...........wonder what they are going to do with the market hall then?......i forgot to ask the friendly butcher who told me.

Make a town halls of it.......as they have always done

Ianto.W. 20-06-2007 14:12

Good iv'e just sent the wife and my sister down Blackburn Market mez, so if she spends owt i'll show her your thread. HA Ha.:D

mez 20-06-2007 14:36

don't get complacant you men ...the new market won't be open for at least 2 yrs
but there's a brilliant sale on in t.j.hughes.......:p

WillowTheWhisp 20-06-2007 16:44

I hope TJ Hughes have something left by Saturday, Emzie wants to go and look for some t-shirts.

Blackburn market has such a lot of stalls, far more than 80 I'm sure and there's such a variety what on earth do they want to go messing about with it for?

Textiles Direct had a closing down sale once before and then seemed to re-open again. Improvements don't seem to make life any better do they?

Lolly 20-06-2007 18:03

WOOOOOOOOO!!!! Primark in Blackburn, no more traipsing to Manchester.

I quite like Blackburn Market as it is now.