Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-06-2007, 14:06   #1
mez
God Member

blackburn market

ive just come back from b/burn market ...it seems its to get the same fate as accy market ..........t.j.hughes is closing in september as are a couple of more shops on the same stretch, the bottom of t.g.hughes & such shops will then me made into the new market in the lower half & basement with room for about 80 stalls the upper part will be taken over by primark.....i noticed that textile direct & the shop across from it & the health rack are closing down too ...........wonder what they are going to do with the market hall then?......i forgot to ask the friendly butcher who told me.
Accrington Web
Old 20-06-2007, 14:09   #2
God Member

Re: blackburn market

Hmm we like our little trip to blackburn market midweek. I salmon butty from the chicken stall (I know) and a tasty glass of home made sasperella to wash it down from the home brew stall.. Always have a wander around tj H as well.. oh dear.. i supose change is change but.,..
Old 20-06-2007, 14:10   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mez View Post
ive just come back from b/burn market ...it seems its to get the same fate as accy market ..........t.j.hughes is closing in september as are a couple of more shops on the same stretch, the bottom of t.g.hughes & such shops will then me made into the new market in the lower half & basement with room for about 80 stalls the upper part will be taken over by primark.....i noticed that textile direct & the shop across from it & the health rack are closing down too ...........wonder what they are going to do with the market hall then?......i forgot to ask the friendly butcher who told me.
Make a town halls of it.......as they have always done

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2007, 14:12   #4
Resting in peace

Good iv'e just sent the wife and my sister down Blackburn Market mez, so if she spends owt i'll show her your thread. HA Ha.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2007, 14:36   #5
mez
God Member

don't get complacant you men ...the new market won't be open for at least 2 yrs
but there's a brilliant sale on in t.j.hughes.......
Old 20-06-2007, 16:44   #6
Resident Waffler

I hope TJ Hughes have something left by Saturday, Emzie wants to go and look for some t-shirts.

Blackburn market has such a lot of stalls, far more than 80 I'm sure and there's such a variety what on earth do they want to go messing about with it for?

Textiles Direct had a closing down sale once before and then seemed to re-open again. Improvements don't seem to make life any better do they?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2007, 18:03   #7
Senior Member+

WOOOOOOOOO!!!! Primark in Blackburn, no more traipsing to Manchester.

I quite like Blackburn Market as it is now.
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..