Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Accy Red isn't AccyRed (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/accy-red-isnt-accyred-32861.html)

KIPAX 14-08-2007 10:30

Accy Red isn't AccyRed

Just so people don't get mixed up.. Accy Red who has been posting some disgusting language of late is not AccyRed a long standing femal member of these forums.. people are getting confused and thinking my missus has been swearing like a trooper. She doesn't even swear in real life let alone on here. Having had at least one PM thinking they are the same.. goodness knows how many posters think they are.. :(

Something should be done to stop names being so samey (cant spell simmilar) :(

Mr Aleks 14-08-2007 10:43

Re: Accy Red isn't AccyRed

Oh.............

garinda 14-08-2007 10:54

I realised it wasn't your good lady wife, but agree that it's unfotunate the mame's nearly the same.:(

cashman 14-08-2007 11:00

theres an easy answer to that mate, i wouldn't be best pleased if my missus was getting the credit for that.;)

beechy 14-08-2007 11:34

why cant moderators
just challenge accy red and tell them
the name is not acceptable
not to mention the language ?

BERNADETTE 14-08-2007 11:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by KIPAX (Post 459914)
Just so people don't get mixed up.. Accy Red who has been posting some disgusting language of late is not AccyRed a long standing femal member of these forums.. people are getting confused and thinking my missus has been swearing like a trooper. She doesn't even swear in real life let alone on here. Having had at least one PM thinking they are the same.. goodness knows how many posters think they are.. :(

Something should be done to stop names being so samey (cant spell simmilar) :(

I am surprised they got to use that name, tried to join as Bernie but I couldn't. Why not see if you can do something about it? I wouldn't like to think that people were getting me confused with someone who is so obviously nothing like me:(

KIPAX 14-08-2007 11:48

She emailed in charge people at the time (sometime last yr) you can see the outcome. she left it at that as no harm being done.. Now she isn't too happy as you can imagine.. Some of the stuff thats been edited or deleted was well OTT

As far as I know only Roy can change names and over the last year he hasn't exactly been about much.... Thats NOT a dig ok? :)

BERNADETTE 14-08-2007 11:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by KIPAX (Post 459934)
She emailed in charge people at the time (sometime last yr) you can see the outcome. she left it at that as no harm being done.. Now she isn't too happy as you can imagine.. Some of the stuff thats been edited or deleted was well OTT

Then it is up to the moderators to get it sorted:(

Lolly 14-08-2007 12:55

She shouldn't have to change her name on here. Why hasn't Accy Red been banned. Isn't persistant bad language a banning offence?

MargaretR 14-08-2007 13:19

I have noticed his bad language too - almost reported his posts - but he wasn't swearing AT people - he was using foul language as part of his narrative, as some COARSE people do - so I didn't report his posts in case I got labelled a prude. I haven't seen posts by the original lady AccyRed (perhaps she uses the football threads mostly - where I rarely venture)- but now that the possibilities of misindentification have been shown,
he should be given a warning about foul language and made to change his name.

cherokee 14-08-2007 13:26

I remember reading on here that if foul language was used then the post would be deleted .. hasnt this been the case ??

accymel 14-08-2007 13:29

It got me at 1st but then soon realised that Accyred aka Julie is a very nice lady, met her a few times, whereas the one with the SPACE inbetween errrr needs english lessons.

LancYorkYankee 14-08-2007 13:32

Thanks for bringing this to our attention Kipax. I haven't seen, or at least noticed, either Accyred posts as of late. That is unfortunate that something like that didn't/couldn't get sorted straight up.

Brian

garinda 14-08-2007 13:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected] (Post 459955)
I have noticed his bad language too - almost reported his posts - but he wasn't swearing AT people - he was using foul language as part of his narrative, as some COARSE people do - so I didn't report his posts in case I got labelled a prude. I haven't seen posts by the original lady AccyRed (perhaps she uses the football threads mostly - where I rarely venture)- but now that the possibilities of misindentification have been shown,
he should be given a warning about foul language and made to change his name.

I'm no prude, but have reported two of his posts.

This is a family site, and swearing and bad language is against forum rules, even if some letters are asterixed out, or separated by a space.

It's good to have new people posting, but the forum rules are there for a reason.

SPUGGIE J 14-08-2007 14:57

Its a shame that an innocent is being branded when its nothing to do with them. Up to the mods etc to fix it now if they can.