Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   AccyWebbers' Favourite View (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/accywebbers-favourite-view-33436.html)

West Ender 09-09-2007 20:14

AccyWebbers' Favourite View

Having just seen a bit of scrape-the-barrel TV, "Britain's Favourite View", I thought about mine. I decided it has to be the view of Whitby from the top of Blue Bank, on the edge of the North Yorks Moors. When we moved there in 1966 I remember seeing that view of the small town, way below, with the harbour, the abbey and the sea and how fantastic it felt that I was really going to live there. It's still a beautiful sight, so many years later, and it still takes my breath away when I see it.

So that's number one for me. What's your favourite British view?

WillowTheWhisp 09-09-2007 20:19

Re: AccyWebbers' Favourite View

The view across Morecambe Bay on a clear day towards the hills and mountains of the Lake District..

cashman 09-09-2007 20:26

the view from Porth Island, next to Porth Beach on the edge of Newquay, fabulous.:) funnily enough was going to have a bench put there with a plaque to my late missus, got no response from Newquay council, so the bench was placed in me daughters garden.so it aint just HBC thats rubbish.:D;)

shillelagh 09-09-2007 20:30

I've got a few that i like. Cant say whats my favourite because i like them all for different reasons. Coming back over the tops from Blackburn looking over towards Burnley the view is brilliant especially on a nice day. Flying into Belfast City Airport and seeing the massive cranes of Harland & Wolffe and belfast loch, standing at the top of tarn hows in the lake district and looking down it, up round windermere and ambleside, looking up at edinburgh castle. Thing is there is so much nice countryside and views in this country who can really pick their favourite one?

Doug 09-09-2007 20:37

Looking down Little Blackburn Road towards the Market Hall and the Town Hall on a wet day. It can be evocative in the right light.

Every time I go up a mountain I see my favourite view, but it constantly changes with every step.

Wynonie Harris 09-09-2007 21:08

The view from the Clayton End towards the coppice.

shakermaker 09-09-2007 22:15

Just got back from Loch Lomond. Some outstanding views up there.

I'd have to go with something along the lines of Wynonie's post though! Nice one!
Give me the Crown Ground over anywhere, anyday (but make it a Saturday :D)

garinda 09-09-2007 22:16

The view from up high on Ossy moors, looking out over the town, and to all the hills in the distance.:)

Bagpuss 09-09-2007 22:23

Looking across the bay from the cliffs at Culver Down and seeing Sandown and Shanklin on the Isle Of Wight.

grannyclaret 10-09-2007 00:20

Is this the thread your looking for Junetta?

beechy 10-09-2007 05:11

the views across treaddur bay..angelsey
cant wait for another peep

mez 10-09-2007 09:22

i see my favorite view every day ..........i stand on my back doorstep & i see before me some lovely views over to gt,harwood, ingelton, then onto pendle hill i love it, i used to see most of ossy too but a new school now interupts that view.........i lived on angelsey for some 15yrs ..yes some lovely views but nowt as preciuos (sp?) as home .

jackyalex 10-09-2007 09:45

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by West Ender (Post 469426)
Having just seen a bit of scrape-the-barrel TV, "Britain's Favourite View", I thought about mine. I decided it has to be the view of Whitby from the top of Blue Bank, on the edge of the North Yorks Moors. When we moved there in 1966 I remember seeing that view of the small town, way below, with the harbour, the abbey and the sea and how fantastic it felt that I was really going to live there. It's still a beautiful sight, so many years later, and it still takes my breath away when I see it.

So that's number one for me. What's your favourite British view?

we went to whitby a few months ago and took some pics,one was from the hill leading from the abby to the town,i will see if i can add the pic

panther 10-09-2007 11:17

would have to say ...Haslingden Grane...reservoirs of Calf Hey, Ogden and Holden Wood, often take the kids to go on a nice walk:D, the scenes are beautiful and would recommend the walk to anyone;)
http://www.walkingbritain.co.uk/m/26/262403.jpg

jambutty 10-09-2007 11:31

My favourite view is the one that I am looking at.

It means that I am still alive to see.