Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Race hate or Freedom of speech? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/race-hate-or-freedom-of-speech-34416.html)

Mr Aleks 28-10-2007 15:12

Race hate or Freedom of speech?

I found this interesting so just wondered where you stand on the matter...

Race Hate Probe Over Partys Leaflet (from Lancashire Telegraph)

Mr Aleks 28-10-2007 15:14

Re: Race hate or Freedom of speech?

Ive not made the poll votes public as alot of people on here dont seem to want to write what they truely feel.

flashy 28-10-2007 15:19

well i aint afraid to write how i feel, i think it was speaking freely

WillowTheWhisp 28-10-2007 15:22

Does it actually incite hatred or merely state what the writer sees as being the facts?

The line is becoming blurred now between freedom of speech and racial hatred when it should be really obvious.

If I were to say that in the school down the road white children are a small minority that's just a factual statement. However if I were to say that I didn't want my children to go to a school where they are an ethnic minority then that's becoming more of a problematic statement.

Incidentally they did go to that school and it was and still is in my opinion an excellent school.

BERNADETTE 28-10-2007 15:32

Hard to make a true judgement without reading the leaflet. For that reason I won't vote one way or the other.

Mr Aleks 28-10-2007 15:44

Here is the leaflet...

http://www.efp.org.uk/Election%20Lea...01%20&%202.pdf

BERNADETTE 28-10-2007 15:51

They are just creating disharmony among people. There are good and bad from every walk of life and as much as I deplore the extremists who have been bombing our country I truly believe they are in the minority. By the same token you have got these people with their extreme views. Neither group is right, we all have to try to live in harmony.

shakermaker 28-10-2007 16:14

A selection of the leaflet I found amusing:

Quote:

"Here is a brief list of ‘‘achievements’’ of the parties of Kitty
Usher, Gordon Birtwistle & the Tories over the past 50 years.
(1) Our country has been turned into a moral cess pit.
(2) Our countries manufacturing, farming & fishing industries
have been destroyed
(3) Race riots, race ghettos, drug dealers & gun crime have all
established themselves under the regimes which Kitty Usher & Gordon
Birtwistle represent
. Please note that at their recent
national conference Mr Birtwistles party leader suggested
giving an amnesty to all illegal immigrants living in our country!
(4) Whites are under threat of becoming a minority in their own
country within the next 30 years
(5) Suicide bombings, terrorist attacks & the future prospect
of more atrocities have all been nurtured under the dogma
of liberalism
(6) White children are being denied their history, their culture
and their traditions
thanks to Kitty Usher & Gordon Birtwistle
and their support for multi culturalism. Labour, Lib/Dem
& Con support diversity = disunity = conflict"

There's ZERO hard facts there, merely childlike/bigoted/idiotic (pick whichever you prefer) views by the UK Nazis.

steeljack 28-10-2007 16:32

I would be more concerned that Burnley Police's hate crime and diversity unit are being used for political purposes

Wynonie Harris 28-10-2007 17:09

Looks like a load of deranged, ranting rubbish to me. Incidentally, Aleks, why have you got a swastika as an avatar? Are you a nazi..or are you just trying to wind people up as Armistice Day approaches?

Mr Aleks 28-10-2007 17:15

Didnt think it would be long before someone jumped to conclusions. Why dont you look into what a swastika actually is first mate. You only see the association with nazi germany and not the true meaning of the symbol.

Swastika - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

See for your self and only then comment please

Mr Aleks 28-10-2007 17:19

You may find this bit suitable to your mind...

Because of its use by Hitler and the Nazis and, in modern times, by neo-Nazis and other hate groups, for many people in the West, the swastika is associated primarily with Nazism and white supremacy. Hence, outside historical contexts, it has become taboo in Western countries. The historical context of architectural decorations has sometimes been ignored in local efforts to remove swastikas from pre-World War II buildings.

On the other hand, millions of people of Indian origin live in the West, e.g. including over two million Indian-Americans in the United States, and Jain, Hindu and other Indian religions, festivals, marriages and ceremonies continue to use the swastika as their main religious and cultural symbol.

Wynonie Harris 28-10-2007 17:30

Yes, I'm well aware of the earlier uses of the swastika.

So, I would ask you again...why are you using it as your avatar?...do you follow the Jain or Hindu religions?

Mr Aleks 28-10-2007 17:44

Do i have to follow a religion to use said symbol? Can i not use the symbol as my avator without people on here concluding im a nazi sympathizer? Using it is merely a test to see how quickly people would react to it with a closed mind focusing only on the Nazi link. You were the first.

Wynonie Harris 28-10-2007 17:46

So you were just trolling then...sad, very sad. :(