Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Now Its Bacon ,,,,,,, (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/now-its-bacon-34494.html)

grannyclaret 31-10-2007 23:30

Now Its Bacon ,,,,,,,

Well there goes my bacon butties,You must not have them ever again ..it is the latest no no ,,,and you must give up your red meat too..Its suposed to be the latest thing to give you cancer
WELL I WONT,,,,,.I COULDENT DO WITHOUT MY BACON AND H.P SAUCE....
I will take my chances,,,,i managed to survive mad cows desease etc,,,,:mad::mad::mad:

MargaretR 01-11-2007 00:41

Re: Now Its Bacon ,,,,,,,

I know just how you feel Granny - I am a 'good food' fanatic - organic and home made and all that - but even I am just FED UP that they seem to be giving out contradictory advice every other week - too much advice that changes so often, will just turn people off from trying to eat better.

cherokee 01-11-2007 00:46

GO GRANNY
I wont be giving up my bacon butties neither ..
Its bad enough tryin to give up smokin without givin up my meat .

Limits ....is all i can say ..

BERNADETTE 01-11-2007 00:47

Think they can push things to far in the other direction, a bit of what you fancy does you good!!

MargaretR 01-11-2007 00:50

It isn't all that long ago since they were saying that the traditional MEAT and 3 veg was the ideal diet - now 'lay off the meat' unless it's white :rolleyes:

PS butter has been on the 'bad' list - now its the trans fats in the margarines --better eat dry bread (but I never gave up butter :D)

junetta 01-11-2007 01:53

The older I get the more I hear my Nana's rule on life. So much muck to eat........... a little bit of what you fancy...........when your time is up!

I enjoy a ciggie, a brandy and a nice steak. Well, when I can afford them and I have no intention of stopping anything. We all enjoy different things and that is how it should be.

Make the most of it.......BACON BUTTIES FOREVER!!

mez 01-11-2007 06:31

i will still have my bacon butty & my couple of portions of red meat Google Page Ranking week, seems to me just scare mongering again, if they would stop mucking about with our food i think things would be fine ......even proccessed food (pkt hams) mind you i do buy ham fresh these days but still get the odd pkt too.

Mik Dickinson 01-11-2007 07:09

What a load of crap.Think about it! If it was true then the German race should have been annihalred a long time ago.Its not what you eat just how its prepared.Salami causes cancer too, all crap.

lettie 01-11-2007 08:35

Red meat has been harped on about since the 1980's as being a cause of cancer. This supposedly 'new' research is nothing new. I will continue to eat my medium rare steaks as long as I still enjoy them.

A lot of my friends eat healthily, excercise by running marathons, don't smoke, drink very little alcohol and go to bed early. they will probably outlive me by years but.............where's the fun????:D

grannyclaret 01-11-2007 08:37

Well ive just had egg and bacon,,,,and diddent i enjoy it.....:):)
Next thing is the pig and cow farmers are going to be up in arms saying that their livelihood is being affected...:(:(

panther 01-11-2007 08:43

So what if it gives you cancer, i might be squashed by a lorry tomorrow!!
if i want a bacon butty ill have one;)
what next..... FISH??

MargaretR 01-11-2007 08:44

Lettie enjoy the rare steaks while you can, Eventually you won't have teeth that can cope with them (sigh)
Granny - I don't eat bacon on a regular basis but just happen to have taken a pack out the freezer 2 days ago - was waiting for a replacement supply/delivery of HP - I will be indulging too :D

Mick 01-11-2007 08:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by grannyclaret (Post 487134)
Well there goes my bacon butties,You must not have them ever again ..it is the latest no no ,,,and you must give up your red meat too..Its suposed to be the latest thing to give you cancer
WELL I WONT,,,,,.I COULDENT DO WITHOUT MY BACON AND H.P SAUCE....
I will take my chances,,,,i managed to survive mad cows desease etc,,,,:mad::mad::mad:

Was this a report by the vegetarian's again ??:rolleyes:

Less 01-11-2007 09:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by panther (Post 487225)
So what if it gives you cancer, i might be squashed by a lorry tomorrow!!
if i want a bacon butty ill have one;)
what next..... FISH??

I think they had a go at fish in the seventies, too much pollution in the seas, Mercury content at too high a level, Yackety, yackety, YACK!

:eek:

panther 01-11-2007 09:13

slightley off topic this but,.....Iv always wondered why muslims dont/wont eat pork. anyone know why?
I know its religious but why?