Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Re-generation (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/re-generation-34634.html)

Chelmswood 06-11-2007 12:25

Re-generation

Hiya,

I work for the Chelmswood estate, the estate claim land via adverse possesion and other legal processes and regenerates them and donates them back to the public and registered public greens.

We have recently recieved an application concerning Hambledon quarry and Hambledon hill, and land at these sites which is currently diused and from photographs we have seen in a poor state.

Does anybody on here by any chance have any information regarding these two sites, there owners or who would like to discuss this further, as it seems that the estate will be forwading there claim this coming saturday and will begin re-generation in 12 months time.

Regards

Tealeaf 06-11-2007 12:31

Re: Re-generation

Errrr......who pays for the regeneration?

Chelmswood 06-11-2007 12:35

The chelmswood estate is owned by the King Wilkson family and forms part of the King wilkinson estate, the Chelmswood estate trust pays for the regeneration from money recieved by visitors to various properties on the chelmswood estate and the King wilkinson estate.

MargaretR 06-11-2007 12:53

Strange that a googling reveals nothing about Chelmswood or Chelmswood estate,
and 'King Wilkinson' reveals a firm of chartered surveyors in the West country and some firm of quantity surveyors in Saudi Arabia.:confused:

Ps I am suspicious (plus he can't spell :D )

Chelmswood 06-11-2007 12:55

If you search for King wilkinson and also type in slaidburn there will surely be websites about the King wilkinson family as they own the Village of slaidburn in the ribble valley and the Chelmswood estate does not currently have a website.

MargaretR 06-11-2007 12:57

I beg your pardon
Walk 2216 - Slaidburn Village Trail - Ribble Valley - Forest of Bowland AONB Lancashire - a detailed walk description from Walking Britain

PS excuse my doubts - we have had some wind ups here lately

garinda 06-11-2007 13:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected] (Post 489583)
Strange that a googling reveals nothing about Chelmswood or Chelmswood estate,
and 'King Wilkinson' reveals a firm of chartered surveyors in the West country and some firm of quantity surveyors in Saudi Arabia.:confused:

Ps I am suspicious (plus he can't spell :D )

Found this.

'The project saw over 150m of walling generously supplied by North West Water constructed on land kindly donated by the King Wilkinson Estate.'

Churches

Chelmswood 06-11-2007 13:01

Sorry about the lack of information concerning us, i myself have just searched google and found nothing i will take this up with our Google Page Ranking manager ASAP. In the meantime if you require any information whatsoever just ask.

Chelmswood 06-11-2007 13:11

I am sorryif some people think this may be a scam, however i can assure you otherwise, The Estate has been responsible for social improvement projects throughout the county and recieved a letter concerning Hambledon quarry, we are just trying to gather imformation concerning the area prior to taking any action

MargaretR 06-11-2007 13:14

We have quite a few local history enthusiasts who post here. It make take a couple of days to get the info you want.
(apologies yet again)

Chelmswood 06-11-2007 13:18

Okay i understand, it seems liek a very close knit community on here, is it the same in the town as i understand most Accringtonnians are very proud of there roots and there towns heritage. I am from London myself where such hospitality is rare.

MargaretR 06-11-2007 13:39

I am not very familiar with that part of town, but I think I have found a reference to that disused quarry in this thread
http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...ves-29781.html
but it doesn't mention ownership

Bonnyboy 06-11-2007 14:08

If it’s the quarry area that I’m thinking of ( there is a roadway leading up to it from the 2nd round about just past Huncoat where you join the A56 Haslingden bound ) then some form of re-generation would not go amiss. As far as I’m aware it only gets used by the local Doggers. :rolleyes: No idea who the land belongs to.

garinda 06-11-2007 15:09

It maybe worth contacting Jean Battle at Lancashire County Council, as according to the press she has been fighting for access to the quarries to be gated, and may well know the names of the owners.

Hold-up for gates on troubled site - News - Accrington Observer

Councillor Info - Jean Battle

Chelmswood 06-11-2007 15:27

Thanks for yoursupport we have just had a reply from the Land registry office for Lancashire and have found out that the site is unregistere and likely to be un-owned as illegal quarry workers were removed from the site sometime ago for reasons of health ans safety. Is there anybody living in this area who would be able to help us further with this project and be a contact for other agencies ??