Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   What are you giving up (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/what-are-you-giving-up-36736.html)

jaysay 05-02-2008 08:57

What are you giving up

Tomorrow is the start of lent, I know this is a religious thing, but a lot of people tend to give things up just as a challenge, I'm going to try and give up cursing and swearing, very time I see something really annoying either on TV or in the press, how long it will last I don't know. So what will you give up and how long will you stick it out

flashy 05-02-2008 08:58

Re: What are you giving up

i would give up sex but i aint that strong willed ;)

Neil 05-02-2008 09:07

I don't do the God thing so I shall be giving up nothing

jackyalex 05-02-2008 09:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 526989)
Tomorrow is the start of lent, I know this is a religious thing, but a lot of people tend to give things up just as a challenge, I'm going to try and give up cursing and swearing, very time I see something really annoying either on TV or in the press, how long it will last I don't know. So what will you give up and how long will you stick it out

the thing is, if you deprive yourself of something it makes you want it more so you tend to give in, so you will probably find yourself swearing even more :D

Lolly 05-02-2008 09:53

I'm giving up alcohol. Should be fun considering I work in a pub! lol.

cashman 05-02-2008 10:23

i,m giving up brain sugery this time.:D

mrskitty 05-02-2008 10:43

Shouting....i only recently started to shout at poor Jack (p.m.t) and i hate it so hopefully il stop shouting for lent and by the time lent is over i would have got out of the habit.

panther 05-02-2008 10:53

emmmm:rolleyes:.....well iv given up smoking...given up the fatty foods.....dont drink much anyway....so what else is there to give up??
i know what,.. ill give up, giving up;)

and ill try to be nice to people who irritate the hell out of me:rolleyes::D

cashman 05-02-2008 11:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by panther (Post 527056)
emmmm:rolleyes:.....well iv given up smoking...given up the fatty foods.....dont drink much anyway....so what else is there to give up??
i know what,.. ill give up, giving up;)

and ill try to be nice to people who irritate the hell out of me:rolleyes::D

the last ones a bit much.:D;)

jambutty 05-02-2008 12:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 526989)

It’s bad enough the government trying to screw us down without religious fanatics suggesting that we give something up for Lent.

I’ll give something up for Lent when the various churches give up some of their wealth to really help the poor.

flashy 05-02-2008 12:11

JB stop being a miserable git, do you actually ever have a nice word to say about ANYTHING? christ is Darwen REALLY that bad?

blazey 05-02-2008 12:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashytart (Post 527114)
JB stop being a miserable git, do you actually ever have a nice word to say about ANYTHING? christ is Darwen REALLY that bad?

I gave up going to Darwen for lent 2004 :D

I was going to give up fizzy drinks but that seems pointless because I know it wont be permenent, so i need to give mine a bit more thought I think. I've always been pretty good so I haven't got much to give up really. Maybe I should give up indulging on food, I buy a lot of food and just stock my fridge up when I dont really need to.

Bonnyboy 05-02-2008 12:27

Religion doesn’t really play a part in my daily life, nothing will be given up here, I’ll just cart on as per usual.

Doug 05-02-2008 14:01

I've now't worth giving up......

a_stanley 05-02-2008 14:05

I might as well give up on sex as it's that long since I last had it (my gfriend is in another country and not seeing her til Easter!).