Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   "Silly Cow" Poll (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/silly-cow-poll-37169.html)

Acrylic-bob 21-02-2008 13:20

"Silly Cow" Poll

Following on from the Britcliffe/McCormack farrago. it would be interesting to know what members think.

As a result of this latest incident should Britcliffe resign; yes or no?

pipinfort 21-02-2008 13:21

Re: "Silly Cow" Poll

he should resign anyway. can`t stand the pompous ( insert applicable word as you want)

cmonstanley 21-02-2008 13:24

i cant vote on this because birtcliffe is not my cup of tea and erm i dont know if she is a silly moo:D:D:D:D

Bonnyboy 21-02-2008 13:39

Can’t be doing with Britcliffe, but I don’t see it as being a resignation issue. Calling someone publicly a “silly cow” is just downright rude and shows a lack of self control. The denial of having made the statement is downright childish. All a storm in a tea cup and ****** all to do with the running of Hyndburn as far as I’m concerned.

cashman 21-02-2008 13:45

i worship the ground PB. will be buried under,but resign over this NO, it happens regular in ALL politics not just local, most of em do wrong n then lie through there teeth denying it, councillors/MPs would be changing "Weekly" if this was a resignation issue.;)

MITZY 21-02-2008 13:46

I agree with Bonnyboy don't particularly like Britcliffe, but don't think he should resign.

AccyLass 21-02-2008 13:50

Resignation, no
Made to apologise publicly, yes

garinda 21-02-2008 14:01

Is there no other evidence?

Has Katex a soiled navy dress, stored away in her wardrobe?

'I did not have sexual relations with that...silly cow.'

It's all too hilarious.

Personally I don't think it's a matter for resignation.

Politican caught out telling lies, suprise, suprise.

It would have been more newsworthy if he'd have had the balls to admit saying it.

It's quite frightening that the leader of our council has such a bad short term memory.

Oh well, perhaps he'll also 'forget' to stand at the next election...fingers crossed.

garinda 21-02-2008 14:03

Is this story offically now called Cowgate, or Cow and Gate?

MargaretR 21-02-2008 14:05

Remember the Profumo affair - he had to resign because he lied - not for his indiscretions

Bonnyboy 21-02-2008 14:10

If resignation was a prerequisite for telling lies then the Houses of Parliament would be empty

cashman 21-02-2008 14:10

yeh remember that was a possible "Russian" involvement though,quite a bit more at risk than some councillors dignity. that being " Profumo" bonnyboy posted inbetween lol

MargaretR 21-02-2008 14:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonnyboy (Post 534219)
If resignation was a prerequisite for telling lies then the Houses of Parliament would be empty

It just shows how we have let standards slide in the past 40 years

yerself 21-02-2008 15:14

He was only stating his opinion of the allegedly insane lady with bovine attributes. That some disagree with him is only part and parcel of politics and no reason for him to resign.

WillowTheWhisp 21-02-2008 15:25

He's entitled to his opinion. It's the lying about it and then getting other people to lie about it which doesn't sit well with me. We have indeed let our standards slip if we accept lying to be the norm. What is the point of any politician saying anything if lying is accepted as normal? Why should we ever believe anything any politician says ever about anything?

I do think the very least he should do is apologise - not for calling her a stupid childish name, but for then not having the guts to admit that he did.