Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Mount carmel!.........fire (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/mount-carmel-fire-38676.html)

panther 17-04-2008 19:57

Mount carmel!.........fire

Arsonists Close Accrington School (from Lancashire Telegraph)

Kids who go there will be happy then:rolleyes:

I always used to wish this when i was a kid at my old school, but it never happened!:hidewall:

emzy 17-04-2008 19:58

Re: Mount carmel!.........fire

I wondered why there were fire engines outside when i got home sat night / sunday morning

lancsdave 17-04-2008 20:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by panther (Post 564036)
I always used to wish this when i was a kid at my old school, but it never happened!:hidewall:

The problem is that todays kids can make it happen without fear of punishment. :(

emamum 17-04-2008 20:04

Probably emzy trying to save on her heatin bill :D

slinky 17-04-2008 20:09

I saw them too emzy, didn't look that bad to me. I think the teachers are trying to get a few more days off....... I mean, it was only the staff room!!

Oh saying that, they'll have no-where for a coffee ..... OK shut the school :)

emzy 17-04-2008 20:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by slinky (Post 564044)
I saw them too emzy, didn't look that bad to me. I think the teachers are trying to get a few more days off....... I mean, it was only the staff room!!

Oh saying that, they'll have no-where for a coffee ..... OK shut the school :)

Yep!!

I tried to have a nosey on the way in but just got called a perv so shut the door

slinky 17-04-2008 20:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by emzy (Post 564045)
Yep!!

I tried to have a nosey on the way in but just got called a perv so shut the door

LMAO...... me and my mate were having a drink in, singing on karaoke :o ( Did I say singing?? ) and her fella rung us to tell us fire chappies where at the school. I ended up running down the back alley with no shoes on .... mate had to give me a piggy back home after, my feet were killing :D

BERNADETTE 17-04-2008 20:16

Imagine not having another set of details to contact parents. Barmy or what?

emamum 17-04-2008 20:17

hmmm.....pretty sure that is against policy and child protection laws......

slinky 17-04-2008 20:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERNADETTE (Post 564051)
Imagine not having another set of details to contact parents. Barmy or what?

I agree, the advert in the paper was only small too!! I bet there are a fair few kids turning up still :rolleyes:

BERNADETTE 17-04-2008 20:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by slinky (Post 564053)
I agree, the advert in the paper was only small too!! I bet there are a fair few kids turning up still :rolleyes:

And if their parents haven't heard about it then there could be a lot of grief. How many will think their kids are just skiving?:(

flashy 17-04-2008 20:21

just read the comments on that link, someone is saying they got it wrong, it wont be closed all week?

slinky 17-04-2008 20:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashytart (Post 564059)
just read the comments on that link, someone is saying they got it wrong, it wont be closed all week?

I think they have flashy, I was stood there and it didn't look bad to enough to me to be closed all week.

emzy 17-04-2008 20:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by emamum23 (Post 564042)
Probably emzy trying to save on her heatin bill :D

Dont blame me, I wasnt at home, it was Tania, shes always complaining that my house is too cold, probably couldnt figure out my fire

emamum 17-04-2008 20:27

'The use of information required for recording the facts and events of children's lives, for assessing the needs of children and monitoring their developmental progress is fundamental to good, safe practice and better outcomes.'

the law states that the school needs to have the childrens information..... someones gunna be in trouble!