Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Its here at last chaps (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/its-here-at-last-chaps-41418.html)

jaysay 29-07-2008 11:12

Its here at last chaps

Well it had to come didn't it, make-up for men, yes chaps you can now go out and buy your very own purpose made cosmetics for the discerning chap who wants to look that bit special for the ladeeeeees. You can have your very own Guy Liner, or Manscara, I really did have to check it wasn't April fools day when I so this on Breaky TV this morning. Somehow I don't think its going to catch on with the likes of myself, cashy, Jam Butty, Royboy and Less, but there again I maybe wrong:rolleyes:. Well there is one thing we could always ask for tips from the lasses on here about how to apply our Lippy:D:rolleyes:

MargaretR 29-07-2008 11:44

Re: Its here at last chaps

Men and makeup is nothing new
Men's skin care / men's grooming: A History of Men’s grooming; Men makeup and skin care
Never heard of wode? (ancient celts)
or eye kohl? (ancient egyptians)
or the white arsenic face powder that Georgian dandies used?

Less 29-07-2008 12:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 612229)
Well it had to come didn't it, make-up for men, yes chaps you can now go out and buy your very own purpose made cosmetics for the discerning chap who wants to look that bit special for the ladeeeeees. You can have your very own Guy Liner, or Manscara, I really did have to check it wasn't April fools day when I so this on Breaky TV this morning. Somehow I don't think its going to catch on with the likes of myself, cashy, Jam Butty, Royboy and Less, but there again I maybe wrong:rolleyes:. Well there is one thing we could always ask for tips from the lasses on here about how to apply our Lippy:D:rolleyes:

Speak for yourself, I think I look very fetching on my nights out!

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/c...lepic453_2.gif

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/a...1&d=1217333056

MargaretR 29-07-2008 12:18

:rofl38::rofl38::rofl38::rofl38::rofl38::rofl38:

NHS dentistry does nothing for you dear

Should have forked out for porcelain naturals like mine :D

jambutty 29-07-2008 13:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 612229)

The nearest that I ever came to male cosmetics was in my teens when I used, what would probably be called hair gel today, Silvikrin hair stuff. It wasn’t as greasy as Brylcreme. I ended up just using plain water as it cost nothing and worked just as well for me. Still does.

Of course there was the make up for scout gang shows and for “Pirate’s Show” for orphans at our ports of call but that’s not quite the same is it. There was nothing quite like making a nine years old kid walk the plank at the point of a wooden sword. Not into shark infested waters, you understand but a paddling pool with a dummy shark.

There is only one way that I would ever wear some lippy and that is by transfer during an anatomical juxtaposition of two orbicular muscles in a state of contraction.

Roblaw89 29-07-2008 16:28

;) but on the bright side if we all use our cosmetics we can go to the toilet all the time to top up on our make up to add a bit of foundation here and there :P revenge on them women that always took like 4 hours getting ready came out and looked like a tangerine.But as men we where not to tell them theat they look like one so we just walked and agree'd :P

cashman 29-07-2008 16:31

apart from aftershave n deoderant they can shove it where a monkey puts its nuts.:jimbo:

Roblaw89 29-07-2008 16:33

dont monkeys put nuts in there mouths so you want it in your mouth ....? thats a bad figure of speech:P

AccyLass 29-07-2008 16:34

2 Attachment(s)
Soon enough it will be absolutely normal for a woman to be stood next to her fella in the bathroom while they a both cleansing their face whilst taking the make up off

Can't see me finding my fella attractive in make up mind

He isn't the most attractive of the bunch:D

Roblaw89 29-07-2008 16:37

lol we have all worn make up at some stage :| even in are sleep * shakes fist* silly drunk night

AccyLass 29-07-2008 16:40

He weren't sleeping, pinned down by 5 screaming little girlies tho lol

cashman 29-07-2008 16:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roblaw89 (Post 612339)
dont monkeys put nuts in there mouths so you want it in your mouth ....? thats a bad figure of speech:P

young uns wrong nuts.:D

jaysay 29-07-2008 16:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by jambutty (Post 612274)
The nearest that I ever came to male cosmetics was in my teens when I used, what would probably be called hair gel today, Silvikrin hair stuff. It wasn’t as greasy as Brylcreme. I ended up just using plain water as it cost nothing and worked just as well for me. Still does.

Of course there was the make up for scout gang shows and for “Pirate’s Show” for orphans at our ports of call but that’s not quite the same is it. There was nothing quite like making a nine years old kid walk the plank at the point of a wooden sword. Not into shark infested waters, you understand but a paddling pool with a dummy shark.

There is only one way that I would ever wear some lippy and that is by transfer during an anatomical juxtaposition of two orbicular muscles in a state of contraction.

I used Brylcreme JB, in those good old days of short back and sides, the only time I've worn make-up was in my teens with St Mary's Amateurs, mind you I didn't mind coming home after a night out covered with lippy, when you woke up the morning after you knew you'd had a good night:D

Roblaw89 29-07-2008 16:44

haha oh i see :p makes sense now :p

AccyLass 29-07-2008 16:49

That whole monkeys nuts conversation is not a nice picture:D lol