Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Ouch ! 35% price hike from British Gas (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/ouch-35-price-hike-from-british-gas-41457.html)

Bonnyboy 30-07-2008 22:46

Re: Ouch ! 35% price hike from British Gas

Quote:

Originally Posted by Royboy39 (Post 612938)
That calls for legislatiion...........are our governers prepared to act to curb the profit makers?........I don't think so.
A lot of them are shareholders or advisers and would loose out.

There is call for a “Windfall Tax” to be introduced…will see what happens.

Windfall tax call after BP makes £1.5m every hour

Windfall tax call over BP
Call for windfall tax on BP's 'obscene' £37 million a day profits

cashman 30-07-2008 22:49

ya mean ****all tax dont ya bonnyboy?:D

Mancie 30-07-2008 22:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Royboy39 (Post 612938)
That calls for legislatiion...........are our governers prepared to act to curb the profit makers?........I don't think so.
A lot of them are shareholders or advisers and would loose out.

You may have a point there Royboy...you mean like selling off British Steel and the minister in charge of the sell off (George Younger) becomes head of the new company...selling off London Transport and the minister in charge (Norris) becomes the head of the new company.. thieving Tories!

Bonnyboy 30-07-2008 22:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 612945)
ya mean ****all tax dont ya bonnyboy?:D

:D Probably turn out to be just that :rolleyes:

cmonstanley 30-07-2008 22:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewb (Post 612935)
Be under no illusion. A nationalised company still has to produce things at cost to the taxpayer. The huge rises in wholesale energy pricing would still affect it.

Now which do I want; A company that has no competition and no incentive to do better or produce cheaper products, or a company that has to compete for its customers, driving the prices down.

Monopolies are terrible for the consumer, whether it be public or private. It is only through competition that we can ensure our providers do not get complacent.

thats load of bollocks even if it was true i would rather see the money go back into the country than the chosen few. tories say they are for competition how come its the same people who always profit ie thatchers mates.we dont need to pay for them just compulsery re-posses them if they can nationalse a bank and bal them out they can nationalise and r-create the infrastructure of this country and bail out the backbone of this country and not just the chosen few .the more think of the selling off of assets the more it stinks.

Royboy39 30-07-2008 22:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mancie (Post 612948)
You may have a point there Royboy...you mean like selling off British Steel and the minister in charge of the sell off (George Younger) becomes head of the new company...selling off London Transport and the minister in charge (Norris) becomes the head of the new company.. thieving Tories!

Yes I do mean that.......Are you happy with your lot?

Mancie 30-07-2008 23:01

[quote=Royboy39;612952]Yes I do mean that.......Are you happy with your lot?[/quote
This Government are not "my lot"...I just know from my guts that the Tories mean more and more agony.

Royboy39 30-07-2008 23:12

[quote=Mancie;612953]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Royboy39 (Post 612952)
Yes I do mean that.......Are you happy with your lot?[/quote
This Government are not "my lot"...I just know from my guts that the Tories mean more and more agony.

Then who are?..........Not the BNP or is that an awkward question?

Mancie 30-07-2008 23:15

[quote=Royboy39;612957]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mancie (Post 612953)

Then who are?..........Not the BNP or is that an awkward question?

I would rather cut my hand off than vote BNP or Tory.. I will vote for almost any other that may keep the Tories out... there you go

Royboy39 30-07-2008 23:18

[quote=Mancie;612958]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Royboy39 (Post 612957)
I would rather cut my hand off than vote BNP or Tory.. I will vote for almost any other that may keep the Tories out... there you go

Raving Loonies............Ye that fits :p

Mancie 30-07-2008 23:27

[quote=Royboy39;612959]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mancie (Post 612958)

Si Senor

Benipete 31-07-2008 00:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Royboy39 (Post 612952)
Yes I do mean that.......Are you happy with your lot?

Can't see a problem,Gordon assures us inflation is only 3.8%.Although by my calculation my personal inflation rate is 25%.But of course I took into Account Food-Gas-water-petrol-electric-beer and fags-bus and rail charges,in fact everything MP's claim as expenses.Sorry I missed out Their holiday homes in Cornwall and their second homes in London(Sorry Jack could not resist):hidewall::hidewall:

Wynonie Harris 31-07-2008 07:38

[quote=Royboy39;612959]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mancie (Post 612958)

Don't bring "my lot" into this! :D The REAL Loonies are the Thatcherites who sold off our public utilities, effectively putting us all at the mercy of out-and-out profiteers, and the Nu Laborites who have done not one thing to reverse this process over the last 11 years. What is the point, Mancie, of keep ranting on about what the Tories did in the 80's? In my view, it was appalling, but it's history now - you can't change it. Why the hell aren't the present government doing something about it NOW?

cashman 31-07-2008 08:31

[QUOTE=Wynonie Harris;613019]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Royboy39 (Post 612959)

Don't bring "my lot" into this! :D The REAL Loonies are the Thatcherites who sold off our public utilities, effectively putting us all at the mercy of out-and-out profiteers, and the Nu Laborites who have done not one thing to reverse this process over the last 11 years. What is the point, Mancie, of keep ranting on about what the Tories did in the 80's? In my view, it was appalling, but it's history now - you can't change it. Why the hell aren't the present government doing something about it NOW?

the problem i see with anyone trying to reverse the damage is the SOCIETY CREATED BY IT. imho.

Mancie 31-07-2008 08:43

[quote=Wynonie Harris;613019]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Royboy39 (Post 612959)

OK Wynonie and the rest of the "quick fix" brigade on here.. are you prepared to pay higher taxes to buy back the utilities the Tories gave away?... and do you really belive the next Tory Goverment will eradicate all..or any..of the present enconomic deep kak we are ending up in?.. I winge about the last Government because we have had a relitivley good 11 years..when the Tories get back in it will be at least another 4yrs of kak!