Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   jade told she has cancer (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/jade-told-she-has-cancer-41956.html)

panther 19-08-2008 08:30

jade told she has cancer

Jade Goody Diagnosed With Cancer: Big Brother Star Told During Indian Version Of Show, Bigg Boss | Showbiz News | Sky News

Reality TV star Jade Goody has cancer - and she found out in the Diary Room on the Indian version of Big Brother.

jaysay 19-08-2008 10:10

Re: jade told she has cancer

I know she's a bit of an aire head but I don't like to hear of anybody with serious health problems, hope she beats it especially for the sack of her kids

AccyLass 19-08-2008 10:38

How awful would that be!!
And why on earth was she told in the diary room,
instead of being pulled off the air and told in private!

Poor Girl

Lolly 19-08-2008 10:53

I'm glad the conversation wasnt filmed, but they could have told her when she left instead of letting her go back into the house and having to deal with the other housemates.

I dont like the girl but she certainly doesnt deserve this. Hope she gets better for the sake of her children.

MargaretR 19-08-2008 11:01

I had a positive smear test at age 32.
It is quite devastating when you get that news, so even though I don't admire her as a person, I am sorry that she is having to endure this.

If you are destined to get cancer, the reproductive system is the place where it is least likely to be life threatening (when caught early by smear test).
The womb with its cervix can be removed without affecting general health, and because ovaries stay intact, hormones and libido are still active.

The only difference the surgery made to my life in the 33 years since, has been-
freedom from contraception and menstruation :D - every cloud has its silver lining

Lilly 19-08-2008 15:09

I'm not a fan of Jade Goody as she has made a living out of being thick.

However I was genuinely sorry to hear this news and hope she makes a full recovery.

flashy 19-08-2008 15:12

my nan died from cervical cancer, i hope Jade gets through this alright

Tealeaf 19-08-2008 17:59

Never heard of the woman, so I don't give a ****.

cherokee 19-08-2008 18:00

Well I dont personally like the lass , but I would never wish this on her, How awful ..
Ive had a cancer scare myself and being told in the privacy of a docs surgery was hard enough to take in but to be told in a diary room.
Im sorry but this is just wrong and whose decision was it to make it public if she was sent back into the house. something just isnt right here.:confused:

Tealeaf 19-08-2008 18:06

When I first read the title of this thread, my immeadiate thought was that it concerned someone's pet dog or budgie, which is increasingly typical of the threads we have on here now.

pipinfort 19-08-2008 19:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tealeaf (Post 621100)
Never heard of the woman, so I don't give a ****.

Nice.....:(

Margaret Pilkington 19-08-2008 19:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tealeaf (Post 621105)
When I first read the title of this thread, my immeadiate thought was that it concerned someone's pet dog or budgie, which is increasingly typical of the threads we have on here now.

Well......the answer is in your own hands.
Post something interesting instead of shooting down other people.

And the other thing is...if you don't like what you read, then no-one forces you to participate.

emamum 19-08-2008 19:58

tealeaf...... did your mu7m never tell you, if you dont have anything nice to say, dont say anything at all.....the woman has cancer, regardless whether you know her or not its a serious illness that no one deserves to get and i wouldnt wish it on my worse enemy!!

den the menace 19-08-2008 20:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lilly (Post 621037)
I'm not a fan of Jade Goody as she has made a living out of being thick.

However I was genuinely sorry to hear this news and hope she makes a full recovery.

the worlds full of people who have made their living like that!!!

Gayle 19-08-2008 21:00

I've had bad smear tests in the past and being told that you have cancerous cells is the most awful thing in the world. Fortunately, it was caught at stage 1 so easily treated and have been clear for five years now and just had a clear test a few weeks ago so no worries at the moment.

But, regardless of whether she's a nice person or not, or a bit thick, no one ever DESERVES to get cancer!