Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   What policies should a political party have? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/what-policies-should-a-political-party-have-43002.html)

Eric 02-10-2008 22:05

Re: What policies should a political party have?

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 637324)
Wonder where you got that idea from ? ;)

It crossed my mind too. "Responsibility" is not a policy, it is something one expects from those elected to power. Responsiblity is part of the job.

Eric 02-10-2008 22:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mancie (Post 637357)
I reckon the whole stucture of political party politics has become whatever is in fashion to get voters on your side.....people need to concentrate on the real issues concerning.. real people...examples are costs of everyday goods..mortgage rates and rent increases..the people need to know specific policies that anyone attempting to take power in terms of the financial and economic situation..tell us what your policy is and then we can all decide what which of you we want..

It is getting out of hand.. like.. just been to the offie and it was £5 for 6 cans of Guinness last week .. now it's £1 a can! no dicount! so 6 cans of Guinness now cost £6!..were will it end?

That much for Guinness:eek: I can get it cheaper here.

Mancie 02-10-2008 22:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 637363)
That much for Guinness:eek: I can get it cheaper here.

Well a qiud is still cheap Eric.. I mean it's a £1.. not trillions of Canadian Dracmas or whatever your money is called..:)

katex 02-10-2008 22:58

My policy is zero tolerance in all policies.

andrewb 03-10-2008 08:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 637361)
It crossed my mind too. "Responsibility" is not a policy, it is something one expects from those elected to power. Responsiblity is part of the job.

I was certainly not aiming it all at politicians. It is people who need responsibility in their lives.

jaysay 03-10-2008 09:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mancie (Post 637357)
I reckon the whole stucture of political party politics has become whatever is in fashion to get voters on your side.....people need to concentrate on the real issues concerning.. real people...examples are costs of everyday goods..mortgage rates and rent increases..the people need to know specific policies that anyone attempting to take power in terms of the financial and economic situation..tell us what your policy is and then we can all decide what which of you we want..

It is getting out of hand.. like.. just been to the offie and it was £5 for 6 cans of Guinness last week .. now it's £1 a can! no dicount! so 6 cans of Guinness now cost £6!..were will it end?

Me thinks its time to go TT Mancie:D

Less 03-10-2008 10:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Royboy39 (Post 637326)
I wonder what Less would have to say on the subject?

Whatever they may be, I still think it would be more polite to allow Mothernature her opinion first, she finds it an important enough subject to start a thread about it, by the way I notice your views on the subject are as equally vague as anything I have posted so far.
http://planetsmilies.net/happy-smiley-619.gif

jambutty 03-10-2008 14:02

With the National Debt at over £700 billion and rising daily - that is about £12,000 for every single person in the country – and a government bent on pretending to be an International power, I would suggest that a policy of UK first, second and last until the National Debt is cleared.

Alternatively I would support a policy where the UK is sold to the highest bidder, with a reserve set to the equivalent of £1,000,000 for every person in the UK – approximately £600,000,000,000,000. Where upon a successful sale each person in the UK receives £1,000,000.

Daft I know and it will never happen but then the yanks did buy Alaska from the Russians in 1867 for $7.2 million. So maybe the USA would like to buy the UK too?

Neil 03-10-2008 14:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by jambutty (Post 637475)
So maybe the USA would like to buy the UK too?

I thought they already had.

Less 03-10-2008 15:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 637491)

They did, they wrote it off as a tax loss 40 odd years ago.

jaysay 03-10-2008 16:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 637491)

Na Neil we just gave it to um on a plate

mothernature 05-10-2008 09:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 637167)
Don't think it matters that much anymore, as the majority of legislation that affects our lives is now decided in Brussels. The Lisbon Treaty will be forced through, despite Ireland voting against it, due to the inherently undemocratic nature of the EU, taking us one step further along the road to a federal Europe. Westminster is increasingly becoming an irrelevancy, so the policies decided there will matter less and less, as time goes by.

Therein lies the crux of the problem. We should never have handed power over to any other state. As I see it, if you don't live/work in any given area how do you know what the true problems are. I certainly wouldn't come to Ossie and state you need more bins on the streets. I wouldn't have a clue if you did or didn't need them. Europe is so far removed from England I doubt it could find it on the map.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 637147)
Go on, you asked the question, only fair you get to answer it first.

:)

I've thought long and hard about this and I am torn between what matters most to the general public. Reading comments here, there and everywhere leads me to think that Crime is the main concern for most people. Having said that though, I think crime may only be a main issue if you have been a victim of crime. Therefore I think my one policy would be Immigration Control. If you come to live here, you shouldn't be allowed to claim benefits, health care (unless an emergency) or housing rights.

lancsdave 05-10-2008 09:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 637361)

Actually I knew the answer, I just thought it funny that andrewb was toeing the party line. Cameron used the word about 22 times in his conference speech the day before ;)

shakermaker 05-10-2008 12:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 638080)
Actually I knew the answer, I just thought it funny that andrewb was toeing the party line. Cameron used the word about 22 times in his conference speech the day before ;)

Meaningless emotive words are silly when used by the opposition but all well & good when you're a Friendly Dave (:alright:) supporter. Seriously. What have they come to. Tories should be ashamed of themselves. At least back in the day they were evil minions with balls. Now they're just irritating toffs. 'Responsibility'? Pass me the bucket!

cashman 05-10-2008 13:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 638080)

thats it in a nutshell, cyfr never answered the question of the thread, just passed the buck, where have i seen that before? i wonder.:rolleyes: