Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Brand/ross 'prank' (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/brand-ross-prank-43540.html)

maxwell silver 27-10-2008 16:59

Brand/ross 'prank'

That scruffy so-called lothario Russell Brand & his mate Jonothan Woss have apparently got therselves & the BBC into hot water.They thought it highly amusing to leave obscene & lewd messages on the answer machine of actor Andrew Sachs (Manuel,Fawlty Towers fame).These messages included rude comments about Sachs' grandaughter amongst other things.Does anyone else think these two overpaid idiots should get a warning off the Beeb about over stepping the mark?Very juvenille to say the least(then anyone who calls his book 'my booky wooky' should really still be in infant school)
Is it not possible the police could have got involved in this.Mr Sachs was very upset,apparently,as anyone would be. Thought maybe Ross should have known better,but that other clown....not funny,never will be.

West Ender 27-10-2008 17:25

Re: Brand/ross 'prank'

Ross and Brand behaved like pathetic teenagers who ring their mates and try to wind them up. The point is, neither of them is a teenager and Andrew Sachs is a 78 year old gentleman and not their "mate".

Someone in authority at the BBC should impress on Ross, Brand and the producer of the show that, contrary to their puerile thinking, what they did is neither big nor clever. They should be sacked, forthwith, and thank their lucky stars that Mr Sachs isn't sueing them.

flashy 27-10-2008 18:10

now i happen to like Russell Brand, cant stand Jonathan Ross though BUT...i do think they should be reprimanded for it

pipinfort 27-10-2008 18:15

I suppose that they should get a telling off for the juvenile prank, i hate Brand but like Ross, i believe Mr Sachs could press charges....although i must admit it did make me chuckle.....;)

flashy 27-10-2008 18:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by pipinfort (Post 645031)
although i must admit it did make me chuckle.....;)

you n me both kiddo ;) *snigger*

Wynonie Harris 27-10-2008 18:57

Lord Reith must be spinning!

Bryrog 27-10-2008 19:24

Why can't Brand & Ross, first of all grow up and stop trying to behave like teenage wind up merchants and take a leaf out of M Parkinson's technique and Listen to the celeb and not try to take centre stage and let the celeb say what they feel. I was so disgusted by the way Ross conned poor Daniel Craig out of his wrist watch and made DC feel embarassed if he did not donate it.

lancsdave 27-10-2008 19:34

It's to be hoped Brand didn't leave a message on the phone to say he was a comedian, the fraud squad would have to get involved :rolleyes:

Benipete 27-10-2008 20:00

Ross should be sacked without notice and the other idiot(can't call him a comedian)should be banned by all TV companies.:behead::behead:

flashy 27-10-2008 20:02

RIGHT, we've all pulled stupid pranks in our lives (if you havent then you are boring) these two are only being reprimanded because they are in the limelight, give the lads a break, people have done far worse than this and got away with it

Benipete 27-10-2008 20:08

Not on the BBC

BERNADETTE 27-10-2008 20:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashytart (Post 645066)
RIGHT, we've all pulled stupid pranks in our lives (if you havent then you are boring) these two are only being reprimanded because they are in the limelight, give the lads a break, people have done far worse than this and got away with it

Hmmm wonder if you would find it funny if someone phoned your dad up with a call like that. Doubt you would so why should it be classed as funny by anyone elses dad?

Lilly 27-10-2008 20:50

[quote=flashytart;6450 give the lads a break, people have done far worse than this and got away with it[/quote]

True, they have.

It doesn't make it right though.

West Ender 27-10-2008 21:32

I agree with Bernadette. When you defend something like this, you should always ask yourself if you'd be happy if it was done to you. Would you like to have lewd comments about your child or grandchild broadcast? I know if it happened to me I'd be bloody angry but maybe you'd think it was just a "prank".

Give the lads a break? Jonathan Ross has children of his own. He should know better.

MargaretR 27-10-2008 21:40

Both are very overpaid and overrated.
This gives them the impression that they can get away with such very bad taste, but I hope that the bad publicity they have had since will bring them down off their pedestals.
and maybe down the payscale