Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   No Fostering. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/no-fostering-43590.html)

jaysay 01-11-2008 08:50

Re: No Fostering.

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 646277)
I'm not having a go, I just can't see any evidence of bickering in this thread, just differences of opinions, which is quite normal, not just on here, but in everyday life too.

It would be a boring old world if we all thought exactly the same way about everything.

To rid any negativity from the air, have some positive karma instead.:)

Quite agree Rindi, can you imagine if we all came on here and just rubber stamped what everybody was say, doubt if we would close on 15000 members which is growing daily, I don't really think that there is that much animosity between members on here, just the odd people who can't see eye to eye on anything, but as you say that just monitors everyday life

onlyme 03-11-2008 10:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 646307)
Quite agree Rindi, can you imagine if we all came on here and just rubber stamped what everybody was say, doubt if we would close on 15000 members which is growing daily, I don't really think that there is that much animosity between members on here, just the odd people who can't see eye to eye on anything, but as you say that just monitors everyday life

I dont Keetah is talking about the subject of the thread, more the nit picking on page 1.

To be perfectly honest, I'm of the same feeling. For some people it doesnt matter what the post is about, more who the author is. I've had my ups and downs with JB myself, but just feel sometime that he may come up with valid points etc, but because of who he is, or what he's said in past posts, some people take it upon themselves to look at grammar, or typos or just disagree for disagreements sake. Just gets a bit boring and pathetic sometimes

flashy 03-11-2008 10:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by onlyme (Post 646911)
I dont Keetah is talking about the subject of the thread, more the nit picking on page 1.

To be perfectly honest, I'm of the same feeling. For some people it doesnt matter what the post is about, more who the author is. I've had my ups and downs with JB myself, but just feel sometime that he may come up with valid points etc, but because of who he is, or what he's said in past posts, some people take it upon themselves to look at grammar, or typos or just disagree for disagreements sake. Just gets a bit boring and pathetic sometimes

well said

Lilly 03-11-2008 15:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashy (Post 646916)
well said

Hey Flashy.....what's happened to the tart? :confused::D

jaysay 03-11-2008 16:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lilly (Post 646985)

She's become a lady Lilly:D:rolleyes:

flashy 03-11-2008 16:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lilly (Post 646985)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 647007)
She's become a lady Lilly:D:rolleyes:

lol tarts are fattening so i thought i'd cut down a little ;)

jaysay 03-11-2008 16:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashy (Post 647008)

Not in moderation, flashy, not in moderation:D

West Ender 03-11-2008 17:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashy (Post 647008)

Love that. :D Have a drop of karma. :)

flashy 03-11-2008 17:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by West Ender (Post 647033)
Love that. :D Have a drop of karma. :)

cheers for the karma Westender ;)

Studio25 03-11-2008 22:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by jambutty (Post 645763)
Not if you are a smoker that is.

Redbridge Council in London is planning to prevent smokers from fostering children under 5 and disabled children with breathing difficulties...

Are you sure it's the only reason, and not just one of the reasons?

A kid in Derbyshire has been taken into care and one of the reasons cited was he'd been allowed to become obese. The headline makes it sound like his weight was the deciding factor, but the other reasons haven't picked up on by the press presumably because they are the same as every other kid who ends up in care and therefore aren't very "newsworthy".

I'm not passing opinion on the suitability of smokers as fosters. I've never smoked, so my opinion is bound to be biased...

Studio25 05-11-2008 15:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by jambutty (Post 645763)
Not if you are a smoker that is.

Redbridge Council in London is planning to prevent smokers from fostering children under 5 and disabled children with breathing difficulties...

It was passed. Last night...

onlyme 06-11-2008 07:01

How ridiculous! Whats more annoying is that if you foster for the council, you receive under 100 pounds a week allowance for the child, for exterbal agencies its upto 400 a week. If the council are unable to place any child under its own foster carers, they have to use the agencies and pay the additional costs.

The smoking thing is just increasing the need for external agencies and increasing council spend, which would surely mean less money in the budget and so cutbacks somewhere else

jaysay 06-11-2008 09:19

Well as an ex-smoker I'm now very anti smoking, but I think that it a persons own preference to smoke or not. Some times I think that the smoking bad in pubs and clubs was very harsh, it may have been better with a designated smoking room, with powerful extractor fans to ensure the smoke didn't drift into other parts of the establishment. However, foster parents smoking, that's another question. Children who are in foster care have obviously had quite a lot of trauma in their young lives already, and having to live in a home that is constantly smoke fill, even if they don't smoke themselves (older ones that is) is a very great health risk and may even encourage the younger ones to start smoking themselves. Some years ago, I did a project with with the help of the LCC education department, regarding childhood asthma, and we had a team going round to schools talking to children about the causes of asthma, I was really shocked to see just how many young children actually smoked. That was twenty near on years ago, I wonder, given the anti-smoke campaign, just how much this has effected school kids today

Benipete 06-11-2008 15:14

People that smoke should not be allowed to have children in the first place.The next generation?:confused::confused:

Lilly 06-11-2008 15:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benipete (Post 647911)
People that smoke should not be allowed to have children in the first place.The next generation?:confused::confused:

That's a bit strong. :eek:

Where would it all end? :confused:

We could also extend that statement to include people with low intelligence, people with a Birmingham accent and people who eat too many flame grilled whoppers.

It would be better if certain people did not have children but there are no perfect parents, we all have our faults and enjoying a fag or being partial to a slice of Sara Lee gateau does not mean someone is unfit to foster.

Like I said at the beginning, I agree that people should not smoke in the home when children live there but what if these people go outside the home to smoke? Are they still barred from fostering? :confused: