Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   3 year old Smoker (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/3-year-old-smoker-45130.html)

steeljack 23-01-2009 13:27

3 year old Smoker

A woman in Wales has been done for child abuse for allowing her 3 yr old son to smoke .
BBC NEWS | UK | Wales | South East Wales | Smoking toddler's mother guilty

What do Accy web users think would be a suitable punishment for a mother who is obviously of a low intellect.
My thoughts are, the child should be checked on a weekly basis by a breath test , (similar to the ones taken when applying for life insurance, cheaper premiums for non smokers) .
Just who would be responsible for giving such a test I don't know , the police, social services, local doctors office ?, but someone should be keeping an eagle eye on him .

Before anyone dumps on me for being anti smoking , get real , this isn't about freedom of choice , this is about a childs future .

cashman 23-01-2009 13:35

Re: 3 year old Smoker

i think the child should be removed from her care period. simple as.:(

Less 23-01-2009 15:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by steeljack (Post 671664)

Before anyone dumps on me for being anti smoking , get real , this isn't about freedom of choice , this is about a childs future .

I'm a smoker and I don't think your being anti-smoking just showing common sense, if we 'adults' choose to smoke it's our own fault but someone had to give the 3 year old his first ciggy which is rediculous, The thing is, at what age did they do that?

jaysay 23-01-2009 16:07

Is this woman bramy or what, she needs her bumps feeling, preferable with a big hammer:mad:

emamum 23-01-2009 16:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 671711)
Is this woman bramy or what, she needs her bumps feeling, preferable with a big hammer:mad:

her bumps feeling :confused:

emzy 23-01-2009 16:09

That child should be in care, obviously its mother isnt capable of looking after it. Yes we all make mistakes but this isnt just a mistake, she clearly isnt fit

emamum 23-01-2009 16:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by emzy (Post 671713)
That child should be in care, obviously its mother isnt capable of looking after it. Yes we all make mistakes but this isnt just a mistake, she clearly isnt fit

but she didnt realise cos she was on the phone!! and he only went missing for half an hour, we've all lost our toddlers for half hour, no biggy :rolleyes::rolleyes: happens all the time

emzy 23-01-2009 16:21

Yeah, happens all the time, many a time have these 2 dissapeared for ages and ive found them smoking under the bed........youngsters today, absolutely shocking behaviour, ya cant blame the parents though :rolleyes:

cashman 23-01-2009 17:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by emamum (Post 671717)
but she didnt realise cos she was on the phone!! and he only went missing for half an hour, we've all lost our toddlers for half hour, no biggy :rolleyes::rolleyes: happens all the time

utter crap, ya dont let a child of that age out of sight fer 5 mins never mind 30.:(

garinda 23-01-2009 18:00

She's been sen to 'parenting classes' as a punishment.

She might see the error of her ways.

Then again she might start looking for Thomas the Tank Engine ashtrays on eBay.

cashman 23-01-2009 18:04

sorry emamum, never noticed yer sarcastic smileys.:o

emamum 23-01-2009 18:29

lol cashy, i didnt mean it :D

panther 23-01-2009 18:37

im sorry but if my mates three year old boy was lighting a fag up in front of me, i wouldnt stand there and film it on my mobile, id take the bloody thing of him !!!!

kathleen_firth 23-01-2009 18:48

its absolutely appaling.... makes me feel sick..

ive seen 8 and 9 year olds round my way smoking a ciggy but never a 3 year old...

come on.... what is this world coming to??

jaysay 24-01-2009 09:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by kathleen_firth (Post 671791)
its absolutely appaling.... makes me feel sick..

ive seen 8 and 9 year olds round my way smoking a ciggy but never a 3 year old...

come on.... what is this world coming to??

With parents like her Kathleen is it any wonder we gangs of feral youths running a mock, drunk out of their skulls and creating havoc. I don't know about sending the stupid woman to parenting classes, might have concentrated her mind a little if she'd have had a stretch at her Mages pleasure sawing mail sacks, but how silly am I, she has rights you know:mad: