Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   ITV Granada Reports. Parched Peas! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/itv-granada-reports-parched-peas-45478.html)

jaysay 11-04-2009 11:18

Re: ITV Granada Reports. Parched Peas!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mancie (Post 703318)
was that the same fair that they had on some rough ground near Ewood Cashy?.. i think it must have been late 60's but could have been anywere in Blackburn.. my memory is all but booted!

Ya Mancie it was always on the spar land of Bolton Road next to the Aqueduct Pub, the land was used for car parking for Rovers matches, there as also a Pot Fair there too in those days, it was wort a trip just to listen to the Spielers selling their wares

cashman 11-04-2009 11:52

yep thats the one mancie.:)

Mancie 11-04-2009 12:05

yep.. remember the bridge..the aqueduck :D.. bottom of bolton road...used to follow my dad undercover dodge around and then jump on him when he was at the turnstiles ...the bloke would let us in for free...and they always opened the big gates at the Blackburn end at half time..

jimmi5bellies 12-04-2009 10:13

I can remember when the fair used to be at the old bus depot, the in "music" then was The Police.

derekgas 12-04-2009 20:56

Black peas! Never heard of parched peas, seems a bit childish to me forceten, that anyone would give you negative karma for that!

forceten 13-04-2009 10:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by derekgas (Post 703788)
Black peas! Never heard of parched peas, seems a bit childish to me forceten, that anyone would give you negative karma for that!

Yep, your right, but it doesn't matter really. Not really bothered about it.

And now after reading this thread again I really want some parched/black peas :D

janloot 03-02-2012 20:13

memorys bad, the same family sold the parched or black peas for years , especially at accrington,and blackburn,i can see the guy in my mind, you could even sit inside at one time, benches around the insides of his stall, but the name escapes me, it was always freezing, at accrington front end, end of march time,just before easter,minds gone cant remember,

MUMMIBOO 03-02-2012 21:57

Hmmm parched peas always been for me! They arnt even black they're brown! Lol x

lettie 04-02-2012 15:11

Black peas for me, have them every year at Lindsay Ormerod's Bonfire night extravaganza and very yummy they are too :-)

MUMMIBOO 04-02-2012 19:51

I tried to make them once! I burnt them :) x

Eric 04-02-2012 21:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by lettie (Post 967903)
Black peas for me, have them every year at Lindsay Ormerod's Bonfire night extravaganza and very yummy they are too :-)

Bonfire night:eek: ... now I remember black peas. Aren't they the ones that taste like lamp oil, but are delicious with vinegar?

Ken Moss 05-02-2012 01:03

Those who know me are well aware I hate anything PC but they've always been parched peas where I come from.

accyman 06-02-2012 14:46

im glad to hear it isnt political correctness gone mad i didnt fancy the thought of having to alter all my Black Eyed Peas cd's with tippex :)