Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   ITV Granada Reports. Parched Peas! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/itv-granada-reports-parched-peas-45478.html)

thomas.lee 10-02-2009 17:15

ITV Granada Reports. Parched Peas!

Anyone else just hear Granada Reports' Fred refer to Black Peas as Parched Peas? Am I missing a name change here or is this another PC gone mad!

flashy 10-02-2009 17:50

Re: ITV Granada Reports. Parched Peas!

i have always known them as both, i dont think its political correctness, thats just what they are called

garinda 10-02-2009 17:56

I've never heard them called parched peas, but Flashy's right, and apparently they're also called maple peas.

Black peas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You live and learn.

tosh 10-02-2009 18:37

i love and fred was in preston.

magpie 10-02-2009 20:55

Black Peas is how I have always known them and always will...... Black Peas that is:

Royboy39 10-02-2009 21:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by magpie (Post 678199)
Black Peas is how I have always known them and always will...... Black Peas that is:

Parched peas always went down well with me with a touch of salt and vineger or in a bag with salt. one of the few that have disappered over the years.....The last time I went to Clitheroe Sunday Market they sold them there and they sell them on the easter fare at Blackburn.

MUMMIBOO 10-02-2009 21:23

Parched peas are always available from the spud man who has 2 vans outside near the cenotaph in preston love them but never heard them referred to as anything else but parched peas. nice with loads of vinegar, yum.

forceten 10-02-2009 21:40

Yep, I know them as parched peas as well

cashman 10-02-2009 23:26

never heard the term "Parched Peas":confused:was always called Black Peas when i was on the gaff. still educations a wonderful thing.:)

cherokee 10-02-2009 23:43

Always known them as both. My mother used to call them parched peas..

Polly_45 10-02-2009 23:47

Always known them as black peas..and you cant beat them with vinegar and pepper

ossy kid 11-02-2009 04:39

Parched or black the last time I had them was at the fair on Ellisons tenement.

Mick 11-02-2009 05:23

You can still get Black/parched peas from the food stall infront of the market hall i think they are 80p
and very nice too

Taggy 11-02-2009 09:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by MUMMIBOO (Post 678207)
Parched peas are always available from the spud man who has 2 vans outside near the cenotaph in preston love them but never heard them referred to as anything else but parched peas. nice with loads of vinegar, yum.

Is this still there? We went to Preston the other week and the Pea and Spud Cart was'nt there anymore, they've been there for years and was looking forward to some. Was someone selling curries though!:rolleyes:

I've known them as both Parched Peas and Black Peas...and not forgetting Pigeon Peas!! Lovely Lovely!!

Best Regards - Taggy

jaysay 11-02-2009 09:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taggy (Post 678289)
Is this still there? We went to Preston the other week and the Pea and Spud Cart was'nt there anymore, they've been there for years and was looking forward to some. Was someone selling curries though!:rolleyes:

I've known them as both Parched Peas and Black Peas...and not forgetting Pigeon Peas!! Lovely Lovely!!

Best Regards - Taggy

Pigeon Pears Taggy; used to get them from the pet shop when I was a lad, well you had to use something in your pea shooter:D