Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Kind Hearts and Coronets. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/kind-hearts-and-coronets-45543.html)

garinda 12-02-2009 10:23

Kind Hearts and Coronets.

There is much controversy at the moment about the Home Office's decision to refuse entry to far-right Dutch politican Geert Wilders, on the grounds that his visit would 'threaten community harmony and therefore public security'.

He was invited to the country by Lord Pearson, who planned to screen Wilder's anti-Islamic film 'Fitna' in the House of Lords.

Since this Dutch politican's film has resulted in a fatwa ordering his murder, is it really wise for a member of the House of Lords to want to screen this film in the Houses of Parliament, and put our national security at risk?

If Lord Pearson is so desperate to see this film I'm sure it's available on DVD, and he could watch it in the comfort of his own home, rather than in our second chamber.

Far-right Dutch MP Geert Wilders barred from UK over anti-Islam film - Times Online

katex 12-02-2009 10:37

Re: Kind Hearts and Coronets.

Geert Wilders is being interviewed on the Jeremy Vine show Garinda after noon.

Seems he can just enter the country if flys into Heathrow ... baggage put on another flight, but he can leave the airport for interview ... or summat like that.

jaysay 12-02-2009 10:40

We've enough Weirdos of our own that stir the pot without letting them in from other countries, me thinks twas a bit of poor judgement by the Noble Lord

garinda 12-02-2009 10:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 678770)
Geert Wilders is being interviewed on the Jeremy Vine show Garinda after noon.

So I heard, moments after posting it.:rolleyes:

I still think it's called the Jeremy Vine show though, not Garinda After Noon.

That show's on Radio 4.

:D

yerself 12-02-2009 10:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay
We've enough Weirdos of our own that stir the pot without letting them in from other countries

I thought our resident 'weirdos' were imports. Abu Hamza and his followers certainly weren't home-grown. If we are to give voice to the likes of Hamza and his cronies why not to this Dutchman? No matter how much you may disagree with him, we are after all the land of free speech and equal opportunity, aren't we?

garinda 12-02-2009 10:59

Blimey, this issue has even untited Peter Thatchell and the Daily Mail on this issue. That must be a first!

They both accuse Home Secretary Jacqui Smith of hypocrisy when it comes to whom she sees fit to enter Britain.

Although Wilder is very anti-Islam, he's apparently never threatened violence, unlike some people who are granted free entry to our shores.

EPHRAIM HARDCASTLE: Peter Tatchell hits the nail on the head as he accuses Jacqui Smith of 'gross hypocrisy' | Mail Online

jaysay 12-02-2009 16:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by yerself (Post 678776)
I thought our resident 'weirdos' were imports. Abu Hamza and his followers certainly weren't home-grown. If we are to give voice to the likes of Hamza and his cronies why not to this Dutchman? No matter how much you may disagree with him, we are after all the land of free speech and equal opportunity, aren't we?

I'm one of the people who think Captain Hook should have been sent back to whence he came but, this government won't do it, and whats more we're keeping his brood just to add insult to injury, if this guy doesn't like our way of life why have we allowed him to rip us of for years:(

Taggy 12-02-2009 16:47

Quote:

I'd go along with that i think. If he was critizising Christians or the Bible he'd have been welcomed..no problem!

Best Regards - Taggy

Eric 12-02-2009 17:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 678889)
I'm one of the people who think Captain Hook should have been sent back to whence he came but, this government won't do it, and whats more we're keeping his brood just to add insult to injury, if this guy doesn't like our way of life why have we allowed him to rip us of for years:(

I presume we are not talking about the Peter Pan character:confused:

garinda 12-02-2009 17:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 678935)
I presume we are not talking about the Peter Pan character:confused:

Sadly not.

http://redstatepatriot.com/ABU_HAMZA_380758a.jpg

Abu Hamza al-Masri - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

cashman 12-02-2009 17:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taggy (Post 678897)
I'd go along with that i think. If he was critizising Christians or the Bible he'd have been welcomed..no problem!

Best Regards - Taggy

Quote:

i'm in the two wrongs don't make a right camp, n happy they turned the guy back.:)

Eric 12-02-2009 18:14

Kinda looks like the guy in the movie ... but I don't see the Croc:confused:

jaysay 13-02-2009 10:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 678951)
Kinda looks like the guy in the movie ... but I don't see the Croc:confused:

Unfortunately Eric:D

bullseyebarb 13-02-2009 15:16

A further retreat from the English tradition of free speech and open debate.

Neil 13-02-2009 16:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 678937)

From the wiki link above

Quote:

The Yemeni authorities have requested his arrest and extradition, claiming he is linked to plots to bomb targets there, but the British authorities have not complied claiming he will not get a fair trial. Not that the majority of Britons care about that. We just want this evil person removed from our shores.