Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   I'd rather this was in anything goes! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/id-rather-this-was-in-anything-goes-45592.html)

katex 14-02-2009 16:17

Re: I'd rather this was in anything goes!

I think the Moderators on here do a great job (right got that bit over).

I can understand, for a change, where Less is coming from. He may not have meant expertise and wisdom as a moderator; could have meant as a photographer.

Quite funny really .. did give us the impression that all moderators are filled with expertise and wisdom .... :D

Neil 14-02-2009 16:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 679988)
Quite funny really .. did give us the impression that all moderators are filled with expertise and wisdom .... :D

Have you met Mick? :D:rolleyes:

MargaretR 14-02-2009 17:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 680012)

She got closer than most of us ever have at the last meet (allegedly):)

garinda 14-02-2009 17:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 680012)

Yes, he's the one up and dressed at 5.30 am, wondering what to do with his banana.

:D

cashman 14-02-2009 17:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 680019)

and thats one allegation that CAN be substanciated.

:D

katex 14-02-2009 17:03

Quote:

:D Know him well.

flashy 14-02-2009 17:49

i really want to say my piece on this but the last time i stuck up for you Less i got BANNED lol

lindsay ormerod 14-02-2009 19:35

The moderator who did the editing had a reason behind his decision,and to be honest that should be good enough without him having to defend his actions. People have full time jobs and moderate, it's not easy and to be honest is not a fun job, instead of whinging about how mods do the job, maybe just appreciate them for giving up their valuable spare time.:rolleyes:

SPUGGIE J 15-02-2009 06:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod (Post 680146)
The moderator who did the editing had a reason behind his decision,and to be honest that should be good enough without him having to defend his actions. People have full time jobs and moderate, it's not easy and to be honest is not a fun job, instead of whinging about how mods do the job, maybe just appreciate them for giving up their valuable spare time.:rolleyes:

Dont think its a "bash the mods" thread its just a case of knowing what bit was wrong and why it was "fixed" thus preventing it happening again as I said previously. The mods do take some stick and supose that goes with the job so to speak. Without them it would be chaos on here and bad for the site. In a way it would be like me asking the mods to remove a post taken out without a reason as to why and the justification as to why. Ok the decission will be theirs but I will have given my reasons why. There has been and always be things that we disagree with the mods about and that will not change nor will there be a people that behave 100% of the time.

jaysay 15-02-2009 10:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 679986)
my memorys crap, so i can only assume i musta been at some point.:D

Na cashy, you never say anything controversial:rolleyes: do you mate:D

jaysay 15-02-2009 10:09

Quote:

That allegedly chap doesn't have get lots of people of the hook Margaret:D

jaysay 15-02-2009 10:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J (Post 679981)
Have i now jaysay? Mick last time i did something threatened me with banning, Len - now got him wrapped round my little finger havent i Len? Now andrew would be quite happy to get rid of me seeing as im a different shade of red to him .......:D:D:D

as you may have gathered i hijacked spugs name as well .... hes going to have to change his password!!!!

Andrew wouldn't do that Spuggie, he's actually quite a nice cap when you get to know him:D

Mick 15-02-2009 10:14

There was NO allegedly about it Katex got a lot closer to me than any other member has except one other and thats the Wife .
as for the edit and this thread even the mods can make mistakes sometime(not very often) but there is no need to go off the deep end a pm would have done.

Len 15-02-2009 10:30

You know, when some members help out at accyweb i.e become moderators etc they may well prefer to remain anonymous, for security, safety/ many reasons. Which I’m sure most of us can understand.
I know Roy would rather his moderating team use their real names, like I do “Len” but there must be hundreds of Len’s living in and around the Accrington area. Most of my friends here on accyweb know who I am and some have even been to my home, and I bet there are those whom would love to know who I am and where I live. :D

Just because any said member no longer helps out at accyweb doesn’t mean we/ you can start spilling the beans and breaking confidentiality (They disserve more respect than that). The only person, if needed to spill the beans aboiut them helping out at accyweb, should be the person him/ herself.

:)

katex 15-02-2009 11:46

Just wondered who tagged this thread with a 5-Star rating ? Didn't deserve that in my opinion. :rolleyes: