Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Expenses, expenses... (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/expenses-expenses-45851.html)

entwisi 26-02-2009 14:32

Re: Expenses, expenses...

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 685525)
bit naive that graham, they are all the same, no matter how they pretend.:rolleyes:

sorry mate but I am absolutely your 'floating voter' I make my mind up based on what I believe is right for my community at teh time I'm voting and whats being offered.

I have no ingrained political standing that clouds my judgement and I will happily accept and support both sides based on who I believe is right.

That means I'm equally happy to challange Conservative views as much as I do Labour ( Cyfr will confirm that I do this with him on a regular basis.)

entwisi 26-02-2009 14:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 685527)
well ya know now n ya had the nerve to pm me about my comment in the other thread, well ya just re-inforced my view.:( how you have been appointed an " impartial" on here, the mind boggles.:mad:

Being a mod does not make you impartial, he is still entitled to his views and beliefs, as long as these do not adjust/taint his behaviour against those who disagree with him then I see no issue.

As teh old saying goes, I don't like what he says but I defend to teh end his right to say it.

lancsdave 26-02-2009 14:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 685527)
well ya know now n ya had the nerve to pm me about my comment in the other thread, well ya just re-inforced my view.:( how you have been appointed an " impartial" on here, the mind boggles.:mad:

Right again Mr C

entwisi 26-02-2009 14:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by g jones (Post 685528)
Could I add, The Council have got my contract right now. It's £12 a month and I within that on calls or a £1 or £2 over max (obviously my gran accounted for a huge proportion of my personal calls) and I am having problem with £7.50 data bolt on. Last months bill cost me £28.53 in data. So it is still not totally resolved.

Sorry Graham, that doesn't read correctly, care to make it sound right as I can't work out what you are trying to say

cashman 26-02-2009 14:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by entwisi (Post 685532)
Being a mod does not make you impartial, he is still entitled to his views and beliefs, as long as these do not adjust/taint his behaviour against those who disagree with him then I see no issue.

As teh old saying goes, I don't like what he says but I defend to teh end his right to say it.

yeh but he don't like what i say n thinks i shouldn't.:(

lancsdave 26-02-2009 14:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by entwisi (Post 685532)

One or two people may think differently but I consider myself an ordinary member of Joe Public. These threads come across as a personal vendetta, be interesting to see how ordinary I am if anybody else sees it that way ;)

entwisi 26-02-2009 14:50

I don't see them as such, the data is there irrespective of which side of teh political fence wanted to publish them.

If there was merit in it then I have no doubt Graham or any Labour supporter would have done the same. As it is Cyfr did explain it is part of his on going education and like it or not it has sparked a lot of political debate which is a good thing as it makes for excellent reading and has probably eductaed a lot of people on some of teh internal workings of teh council.

For this last point teh threads stand on their own merit.

cashman 26-02-2009 14:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 685539)
One or two people may think differently but I consider myself an ordinary member of Joe Public. These threads come across as a personal vendetta, be interesting to see how ordinary I am if anybody else sees it that way ;)

exactly how i see it. plus i do not buy the crap that its part of on going education.i'm with katex 100% on this.

g jones 26-02-2009 15:16

Well I have nothing to hide;

Here's the allowances 2003-2008 (makes sure it says .xls on the end and not html -its an excel file)

Link not acceptable.... will try again...

There are two views (in Custom View menu);

1. by EXTRA allowances
2. by TOTAL allowances

It does not include hotels, conference meals, mobiles etc... I'll post that later.

g jones 26-02-2009 15:17

Could I add, The Council have got my CALLS contract right now. It's £12 a month and I am within that on calls, or a £1 or £2 over max (obviously my gran accounted for a huge proportion of my personal calls previously)

I am having problem with £7.50 data bolt on. Last months bill cost me £28.53 in data. So it is still not totally resolved.

g jones 26-02-2009 15:22

Just send me an email and I will send the Allowances Spreadsheet to anyone who requests it.

[email protected]

Lolly 26-02-2009 16:02

Quote:

where as the leader of the opposition does not represent the council.
Therefore the reason that his food and travel is at £0!! I think Graham has given a decent explanation for his mobile bills.

This is the only post i'm going to make on this issue, because to be quite honest with you I think its pathetic! I will be no longer spending my time reading about your pathetic, childish petty squabbles! If I cared that much about the expenses then I would get the information myself. If Accyweb is just going to turn into an andrewb & g jones political mudslinging site then quite frankly I dont want anything to do with it!!

Rant over!

garinda 26-02-2009 16:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by g jones (Post 685520)
It's nice to know you published the only aspect that made The Leader look good and choose to not print the (damaging) rest.

The Do-do-gate ones?

The ones that earlier in the week caused Peter Britcliffe's close friend Jaysay to convey a worried message to andrewb, that somehow got delivered to myself...

'said you may have opened a can of worms with this one, don't know how your going to get out of it without dropping us right in the dodo, I know Peters Exes are very very high and will just add more fuel to the fire'

:rolleyes:

(Happily I've since been informed that it's not against forum rules to post a pm.):)

g jones 26-02-2009 16:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lolly (Post 685568)
Therefore the reason that his food and travel is at £0!! I think Graham has given a decent explanation for his mobile bills.

This is the only post i'm going to make on this issue, because to be quite honest with you I think its pathetic! I will be no longer spending my time reading about your pathetic, childish petty squabbles! If I cared that much about the expenses then I would get the information myself. If Accyweb is just going to turn into an andrewb & g jones political mudslinging site then quite frankly I dont want anything to do with it!!

Rant over!

I agree. It's a race to the bottom and not what it should be, a race to the top. One part of me feels guilty for being party to it and one part of me is hacked off that if we say nothing, some people believe the stories they put out and honest councillors are losing their seats. Tough call.

jaysay 26-02-2009 16:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 685570)
The Do-do-gate ones?

The ones that earlier in the week caused Peter Britcliffe's close friend Jaysay to convey a worried message to andrewb, that somehow got delivered to myself...

'said you may have opened a can of worms with this one, don't know how your going to get out of it without dropping us right in the dodo, I know Peters Exes are very very high and will just add more fuel to the fire'

:rolleyes:

(Happily I've since been informed that it's not against forum rules to post a pm.):)

Well I didn't know then that Busby sits on HBC 118 118 we've got his number:p