Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Public Apology (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/public-apology-4600.html)

Doug 19-06-2004 22:48

Public Apology

A Very Public Apology

Some days ago, I posted some photographs from my childhood. My aim in doing so was to share my memories of Church Kirk and to jog the memories of others, both to aid those that may recognise the people or scenes depicted within them and to open a forum for others to share theirs.

Unfortunately, my sister has objected to the publication of two of those images. I have sought the assistance of others in order to remove those images from the. I will also edit all of the Threads that I have posted to ensure that no further offence is caused.

I would like to take this opportunity to apologise to My Sister who wishes not to have her name plastered over the web for publishing them and causing her distress.

Furthermore, I apologise to all members of this site for any inconvenience or distress that may have been caused through any apparent animosity displayed in relation to any discussions between my sister and myself on this site.

I must clarify a statement that I have no editorial control over. I originally joined Accrington web to find members of my extended family and my father Alan Douglas. I recently received a copy of a year old e-mail written by an individual who may have known my father. This e-mail stated that my father might have passed away some six years ago.

Although I generally accept that this may be the case, I choose to seek clarification of the fact from the only people who can give me appropriate facts, and that is my extended family. My father remarried and has had a new family to whom I know he was/is very proud of. I am aware that they may be viewers of this site and I apologise deeply for any distress that may have been caused to them.

To the Moderators…I offer you my withdrawal from the site, if you believe it to be appropriate and that such a withdrawal would be beneficial to the good name of this site and its membership.

Malcolm Alan Douglas
19th June 2004

jess^ 19-06-2004 23:10

Re: Public Apology

:engsmil: :s_fmad: :s_fmad: :engsmil: :engsmil: :engsmil:

Tealeaf 19-06-2004 23:16

Anyone remember that TV series "Dallas"...it was all about a good old family feud...this is better!

jess^ 19-06-2004 23:21

lol tealeaf I think i luffs you :iloveyou:

Tealeaf 19-06-2004 23:23

I'm glad someone does!............

Doug 19-06-2004 23:32

Funny thing...

I have always loved animals and horses in particular. For those horse lovers on the site. I use to come over in the late seventies to spend time with my father. Invariably my visits would end with a visit up to gallows hall farm to see family friends who held the property at that time and had two or three Cobs. Cathy (now in Canada – a fantastic lass. I still miss her). Memories eh…

I am still involved with animals. I spend my holidays looking after a 130 acre farm up in Garstang caring for 30 Welsh Cobs, 80 sheep mostly B***** Suffolk’s, two dogs, 7 hens and two mental geese. The farm belongs to Joyce's (my partner) brother.

Tealeaf 19-06-2004 23:39

Geese are very good for Christmas

Doug 19-06-2004 23:39

Tealeaf...

Your a very naughty boy...you shouldn’t encourage her. KIPAX would't be happy if you feud about with someone else...

Tealeaf 19-06-2004 23:49

Doug, if I'm not feuding with at least 6 on here I'm not a happy bunny...bring 'em on - the more, the merrier!

simon 19-06-2004 23:55

Doug I dont see any need for you to leave this Site... You have done nothing we all would not of done..
Unfortunately life is sometimes more complicated than we can foresee :(

Tealeaf dallas was enjoyable because it was not real just fantasy, this is real and therefore I for one don't find it enjoyable, in fact to see something so personal played out in public is quite sad :(

I enjoy seeing Van Damme fight on tele but if It was happening in front of me for real I would be very upset...

Life is much to short for this

Tealeaf 20-06-2004 00:06

Now then, Doug & Jess.......look what you've gone and done...got me into real serious trouble with Simon....now he thinks I'm a bloke called Van Dam (the mussles from brussels) and we're going to have a fight in a pub...oh dear..

Tealeaf 20-06-2004 00:07

If things are a bit confused, it's because I've had a coupleof pints

Doug 20-06-2004 00:08

Thank you for your comments Simon,

Don't be too hard on the old chap. I am sure he is just trying to lighten the load for us all.

I would only leave the site at the request of the moderators and or, of my own accord to prevent any further animosity developing in the public arena that might upset or cause distress to those that have welcomed me and assisted me behind the scenes.

Me and the other person concerned have never seen eye to eye since the early days back in accy.

Thanks...

Doug 20-06-2004 00:10

Tell you what Tealeaf,

I'll buy you a pint when I get over...No arm done.

Tealeaf 20-06-2004 00:20

Doug - It will be good to meet you...and I know sentiment is shared by everyone else who is a regular on here. If you do come over from Bispham tomorrow...could I suggest you take the train? There will invariably be a few jars knocked back and the journey from Blackpool to Accy is pretty quick these days