Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Accy Observer (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/accy-observer-49455.html)

shillelagh 17-09-2009 18:39

Accy Observer

Anyone seen this weeks accy observer?

Front page .. saying they've listened to the complaints and now making it more local .. Isnt Accrington Observer supposed to be a local newspaper anyway

Ok we will see what happens ....

cashman 17-09-2009 18:47

Re: Accy Observer

if it ever returns to being a local paper, i will return to buying regular.:rolleyes:

Retlaw 17-09-2009 18:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by shillelagh (Post 745791)
Anyone seen this weeks accy observer?

Front page .. saying they've listened to the complaints and now making it more local .. Isnt Accrington Observer supposed to be a local newspaper anyway

Ok we will see what happens ....

Well they do have a reporter at Asda occasionally.

Why they can't rent a room somewhere local beats me, why should we have to visit Asda at their convenience, or have to ring a Manchester number.

Retlaw.

flashy 17-09-2009 19:12

got it this afternoon and read it, thats a load of rubbish they are spouting about keeping it local, got to the whats on section nearer the back and have they got a list of whats on at vue cinema in accy? have they sh!te, they have a list of whats on at appollo cinema in.......BURNLEY, they put in about the thing that happened in Mercer park in Clayton(last week)...and said it was this week, carboot sales in Rossendale,Trafford and Chelford and jobs in Manchester....whatever happened to the 'schools' section of the paper?

its still a loada crap if you ask me, i only buy it now to put in the bottom of the birds cage

Gayle 17-09-2009 19:21

I think the news is local but it's the what's on section and the jobs section that are no longer local. I don't want to know about a pub in salford, I want to know about a local pub.

Local pub reviews/sandwich shop reviews
Jobs available for local people
What's on for local events

Taggy 17-09-2009 19:26

I'm afraid this paper is now a pale shadow of its former self. Very Sad!

Best Regards - Taggy

nortype 17-09-2009 20:55

just good they listen to local people.... come on new editor we want local new's not what's happening in and around manchester... full stop.... are we geting to you. ............... ?????

shillelagh 17-09-2009 21:00

Will say this though .. in the accy observer its front page news about them listening to the complaints .. in the rossendale free press it only makes page 5!! Accy people must shout louder than rossendalians ..:D:D:D

jaysay 18-09-2009 09:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by shillelagh (Post 745876)
Will say this though .. in the accy observer its front page news about them listening to the complaints .. in the rossendale free press it only makes page 5!! Accy people must shout louder than rossendalians ..:D:D:D

Na Jen its about equal really Acc has mick, Less and Beni, Rossendale has you:rolleyes: :D:p

jaysay 18-09-2009 09:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gayle (Post 745821)
I think the news is local but it's the what's on section and the jobs section that are no longer local. I don't want to know about a pub in salford, I want to know about a local pub.

Local pub reviews/sandwich shop reviews
Jobs available for local people
What's on for local events

Oh come on Gayle they've featured Franco's this week:D, but I agree with you its still useless for local events:(

flashy 18-09-2009 09:57

lets re-name it....Manchester Observer

lindsay ormerod 18-09-2009 12:14

Least it's got lots about our championship winning cricket team in this week!:mosher:

cashman 18-09-2009 12:31

in fairness i would say those who work the accy abserver local, know what locals require, n no doubt try get the message across, but while ya got "*******" in suits etc that pull the strings n pay the wages there aint much hope it will return to its former glory, the "*******" always know Best.:rolleyes:

sm_counsell 18-09-2009 12:59

I too am very disappointed in the Accy Observer although I must say that on- line there's the Expats site and I've managed to find quite a lot of old friends. However, they don't update it enough.
The only things about Accy are who has 'departed' etc.....

shillelagh 18-09-2009 15:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 745975)
Na Jen its about equal really Acc has mick, Less and Beni, Rossendale has you:rolleyes: :D:p

But Accrington & District also has you and cashy ... so no wonder us rossendalians are never heard!!!!:p:D:p