Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Ski Slopes In Accrington (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/ski-slopes-in-accrington-50919.html)

lancsdave 20-12-2009 08:36

Ski Slopes In Accrington

Thought the new ski slope which ran from the top of Willows Lane to the bottom was quite impressive this morning, shame I was in the car and not a bobsleigh, I might have managed to go more than 1 mile an hour :(

Shocking that the roads haven't been gritted, have we run out of rock salt in Hyndburnn ?

lancsdave 20-12-2009 09:02

Re: Ski Slopes In Accrington

The police helicopter is circling over the town centre now, guess they are looking for the gritting wagons :D

BERNADETTE 20-12-2009 09:18

They were driving round Eagle Street/town centre area last night and they have been past this morning.

mez 20-12-2009 09:27

pity we arn't still burning coal these days.. then we had our own load of grit ...might have had mucky streets but ..safer walking ..ha ha

andrewb 20-12-2009 10:07

Manchester Road is fine at the moment (though it has just started snowing!). The pavement however is a death trap.

jaysay 20-12-2009 10:33

Its a pity they didn't have the climate conference in Hyndburn, the hot air would have kept the streets clear of snow for the rest of the winter:D

katex 20-12-2009 10:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by mez (Post 770946)
pity we arn't still burning coal these days.. then we had our own load of grit ...might have had mucky streets but ..safer walking ..ha ha

Eeew yeh Mez .. had forgotten about that .. remember me mum spreading some in the back yard on the way to the outside loo.

cashman 20-12-2009 10:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 770957)
Eeew yeh Mez .. had forgotten about that .. remember me mum spreading some in the back yard on the way to the outside loo.

pity ya can't remember what pub yer in.:eek::D

katex 20-12-2009 11:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 770961)
pity ya can't remember what pub yer in.:eek::D

LOL .. trust you to remember that !! Slip of the tongue that was all. :p

jaysay 20-12-2009 11:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 770966)
LOL .. trust you to remember that !! Slip of the tongue that was all. :p

Sure it wasn't a slip of the Gin and Tonic kate:D

andrewb 20-12-2009 13:09

Have just seen a truck with a huge pile of grit heading into Accrington. Refills perhaps.

accyman 20-12-2009 15:31

fielding lane is a nightmare especially at teh top where teh road is steep and windey i stopped after finaly sliding going down hill and had a chat with teh guy trying to get up and wished him luck and continued sliding on my way down

iv noticed even the dual carrage way between rising bridge and accy has been badly gritted this year with just one lane slightly cleared .I think they are scared of running out of grit like they did earlier this year and have the spreader set to tight fisted or have a man on teh back fireing salt pellets out with a pea shooter

flashy 20-12-2009 15:51

i think what it is this year, they havent got any mollasses to mix with the salt so they are using sand, i heard it on the news the other day that the mollasses are too expensive now......maybe thats why the grittings crap

MargaretR 20-12-2009 15:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashy (Post 771010)
i think what it is this year, they havent got any mollasses to mix with the salt so they are using sand, i heard it on the news the other day that the mollasses are too expensive now......maybe thats why the grittings crap

I blame Thatcher for closing the Sabden treacle mines

flashy 20-12-2009 15:53

lol