Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Gypsies (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/gypsies-51108.html)

GypoDec 07-01-2010 18:54

Re: Gypsies

HaHa nah packed it in for a bit lol

DaveinGermany 07-01-2010 20:31

Alright Einstein what's all this Irishy stuff at the bottom mean? I'm sure you're waiting for someone to ask so it may as well be the Donkey!! :confused:

GypoDec 07-01-2010 20:38

its a Gammon Motto says the Lord God will Save us all

glasgow guy 07-01-2010 20:39

but will he?...I have my doubts...

GypoDec 07-01-2010 20:41

you are not a Christian, i take it haha

DaveinGermany 07-01-2010 20:44

Ah good, education & religion in one comment I'm now a better educated Donkey, Thank you.

spex357 09-01-2010 10:55

When i lived in Ossy, Romany Gypsies would be camped down Foxhill bank in horse drawn carriages, the word locally was dont go nr them they steal children, ( they still get accused today) i often played skimmers with the young lads in the lake. These as metioned above where Romanys from Europe and not the economic migrants we sometimes see taking the pish from one end of the country to the other. He explains it all on the first line, "i am an Irish Traveller" its just a shame the joining of Europe is not going to affect everyones income in Ireland so it would be worth staying. As for English soldiers under orders, what a load of, Irish travellers have been coming here for years and still do, good luck to them all, providing they dont steal my children, rob me or generally take the pish i let them be. The first Tarmac gang has already arrived in Lisbon much to the Mayors delight, not.

expatcheshirelad 09-01-2010 11:17

The response to this posting, unlike the original post, restores my faith in humanity and reminds me why I love Accrington and its people so much. I regret the fact that I strayed, you could say travelled, to the deep south. And yes, I regret my disloyalty when I went to Edgely and supported County. If he removes the chip from his shoulders I'm sure he could find some valuable friends here.

Suzzeeee 09-01-2010 11:42

my 4th boy manhattan his dad is a gypo

jaysay 09-01-2010 13:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suzzeeee (Post 776892)

No comment

DaveinGermany 09-01-2010 15:13

Quote:

Is this Manhattan as in project ?? I read somewhere that involved over 130,000 People !! ?? !! Aren't you the busy one !! :D :rolleyes: :D

Less 09-01-2010 15:52

Quote:

I hope the lad learnt to spell from his Father, I know for a fact that,

hacney (thats in london)

does not exist, so to use a Hackneyed Expression, you should have spent more time on your Geography home-work, than your Biology field-work!

:eek:
Bloody suvveners treating us and our whippets as ill-educated!

DaveinGermany 09-01-2010 16:02

That's as long as he knows his Dad Less !!! If nothing else he should have a choice.

vera 09-01-2010 16:02

Excuse me Less, i was born in Hackney. So i am a "suvvener". I do not think of you all and your whippets as being ill-educated. Just find "norveners" very difficult to comprehend, in dialect and customs. :eek: :confused:

Less 09-01-2010 16:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by vera (Post 776992)
Excuse me Less, i was born in Hackney. So i am a "suvvener". I do not think of you all and your whippets as being ill-educated. Just find "norveners" very difficult to comprehend, in dialect and customs. :eek: :confused:

Excuse me, Vera, but if you look at her Avator you will notice she can't even spell where she comes from, but does think those of us north of the Watford Gap wouldn't know where it is and need to have it explained, I have no problem with most from the south of that area, just the ones that have to mis-spell it out to us because they think we wouldn't know.
:)