Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Has anybody seen "I, Robot" ? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/has-anybody-seen-i-robot-5183.html)

WillowTheWhisp 08-08-2004 23:31

Has anybody seen "I, Robot" ?

Went to see "I, Robot" tonight but the sound was faulty and we didn't quite get the gist of the ending. Can anybody who has seen it just explain what happened with the robots and Sonny at the end?

Len 08-08-2004 23:34

Re: Has anybody seen "I, Robot" ?

:idunno: Life's a sod. lol

Doug 09-08-2004 01:23

I went to see it at Blackpool this evening willow, not a bad film. It depends how much you missed. Is it not worth going to see it again? before we tell you.

Caz 09-08-2004 02:23

Well don't put it on open forum please or you'll spoil it everyone else, lol. :)

You could try the book.....probably better.

Ceejache 09-08-2004 07:53

Did you see it at Accy - the sound was cack the last time I went, LOtR. When the tree entities were speaking it was so bassy and loud that it just distorted.

Tealeaf 09-08-2004 08:13

I saw it last night also. Whether the sound track was good or bad, I dunno; as usual, I was surrounded by a bunch of popcorn munching, coke slurping, giggling brats who ruined any possible understanding or enjoyment of the film. All I could see was a bunch of apple mac laptops running round on legs with more product placement for some second-rate german motor car. What the start, middle or end was all about, I'have'nt a clue.

WillowTheWhisp 09-08-2004 08:53

Well we got freebie tickets and I think I'd rather use them to see a completely different film because it really was just the very end of this one that we lost. From the bit where they were trying to get the nanowhadjamacallums into the main brain.

There are always popcorn munching, paper crunching, coke slurping, even burping (poetic licence) distractions at the cinema.

Ceejache 09-08-2004 09:38

Try going to the directors suite at Burnley cinema. Bigger, comfier seats and a bar I think, bit more expensive but that also means that little distractions cant afford it!

Doug 09-08-2004 09:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceejache
Try going to the directors suite at Burnley cinema. Bigger, comfier seats and a bar I think, bit more expensive but that also means that little distractions cant afford it!

Talking about being expensive; I spent £30 quid last night for three of us. £15 on the tickets and the other £15 on 1 large tub of popcorn, 2 tubs of sweets, two medium Coke and a bottle of water.

What does it cost in Accy?

WillowTheWhisp 09-08-2004 09:49

We usually end up spending more on the consumables than the tickets too.

WillowTheWhisp 09-08-2004 09:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceejache
Did you see it at Accy - the sound was cack the last time I went, LOtR. When the tree entities were speaking it was so bassy and loud that it just distorted.

Blackburn is even worse. Last time we went there it was so loud you couldn't hear what they were saying, if you know what I mean.

Tealeaf 09-08-2004 12:49

That's the problem with the piccys, is'nt it? They make their money on 'consumables' - junk food such as popcorn & concentrated coke, whose ingrediants cost a few pence to buy per portion while sold at £1.50 or two quid or more. Personally, I take a cheese butty and eat that while the adverts are on before the feature. I sometimes wonder if it would not be better for the piccy houses to ban this rubbish, intoduce a "no-trainers" rule, keep out everyone under 30 and reintoduce smoking so that everone can watch a decent film in peace.

diane 13-08-2004 10:00

the i robot is a good film i went to see it on tueday nite it is worth watching agian